General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #1  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

x

Last edited by mrsbeanie; 01-12-2006 at 10:20 AM.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #2  

Beanie! Don't be so hard on yourself! It's only one meal! It sounds like you made pretty good choices, it'll all balance out. I mean, the chili's weren't deep fried, it was a small taco. . . no beans and rice. . . just drink a good amount of water to flush the sodium. . . aren't you pretty much POP the rest of the week? I think you probably marked the diary just fine - if you're worried, just be upfront with your counselor - this is what you had, and this is how you marked it - if it's not right, how to do better next time? It's all a learning experience - we'll be on the plan for a long time.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #3  

Mmmmm....Sounds like a goood meal!

I'd be interested in knowing what your counselor said. It would sure help me. DD's youth group loves to eat at a mexican food place after church every Sunday night. She missed last Sunday because we were on LA Express and is afraid to go this Sunday because she doesn't want to eat anything that would mess it up.

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #4  

Andi- she can have the tortilla chips as a CC, and she can also try a chicken taco with lettuce and tomatoe (for me that is 2S, 1P 1/2V) If they have chicken breast for their meat she could get away with more.

Also she can do taco salad with the serving of chicken (remember dark meat is counted like beef), lettuce, tomatoe, onion.

Just make sure she gets in some ectar water because of the higher sodium intake.

I eat Mexican food at home all the time, so I have figured out ways around this one. (ground turkey tacos are good too)
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 4"

Not all of the Mexican restaurants that I've been to have this, but most have some kind of variation.

I get Pollo Fundido

Grilled Chicken Breast
w/onions, green peppers, and tomatoes (Modify it and get only green peppers and mushrooms because I'm picky and don't like tomatoes and onions hurt my stomach)
with rice covered with melted cheese

I also get a side salad with lettuce & cheese (it comes with tomato, but again I don't like tomatoes) and use salsa as my dressing.....MMMMMM

I count it as 1P 3V 1S.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #6  

Okay, girls, now you're talking!! This program is beginning to sound more and more doable to me now!! Thanks muy mucho!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote