View Poll Results: When you outgrow your clothes, are you going to keep them?
Yes, it reminds me of how far I have come 3 17.65%
No, I never want to be reminded of what I once was 14 82.35%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 03:48 PM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Poll: just cuz they are fun!

I just love the polls we do every morning. Does anyone mind if I just post a few here and there for fun?
Old 06-12-2001, 04:34 PM   #2  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Throw them out!

I won't keep my "bigger" clothes around so I won't have the tendancy to digress. That way, if I don't have them in my closet, I'll stay on target!
Old 06-12-2001, 05:07 PM   #3  
Proud Canadian

I voted yes in the pole but I think I should clarify. I plan on keeping my biggest pair of jeans and my "special" clothing (bridesmaid dresses and the like.

My leader told me we should get rid of our old clothes as soon as we've ingrown(not outgrown) them so there is no tempation to grow back into them. I do agree with that, but as I'm hoping for a considerable weight loss, I might just have to alter my old stuff for my new body.

Plus I think before and after pictures with real clothing are totally cool.

KT

PS - I like poles
Old 06-12-2001, 09:26 PM   #4  
Proud Mama

Ok, I voted to keep them because I threw them out the LAST time around and now I'm wishing I had them!!! LOL Seriously though, one more pregnancy in the future so I will probably have (temporary) use for them in the future.
Old 06-13-2001, 03:55 AM   #5  
flibbertobbergenie!

Smile

Lots of polls is cool! Cause then we get a one-issue thread and that's fun too!

I voted to get rid of them - I already took 5 bags to the charity shop, and I have another 2 waiting to go, plus a whole sackful of Blokey's. I have been converted to junking EVERYTHING (not just clothes) I don't need any more, because by nature I'm a hoarder, and that means I run out of storage space ... PLUS, I'm enjoying building up a totally new wardrobe - but slowly, cause I'm a student and the grants don't allow for loads of clothes shopping. This way I have to plan and make sure I REALLY want what I get. I have my eye on a dress, a couple of vests, and a pair of sandals for the end of this month ... then I will junk another bag of stuff, to make room.

Lxxx
Old 06-13-2001, 06:22 AM   #6  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default bye bye clothes

I voted to get rid of them. I am with you LOlly, make room for some new stuff that will fit. I have a pair of capri pants that I bought about 2 months ago.....well fortunatly, and unfortunatly they keep falling down whenever I wear them. I need to get rid of them because they don't really fit anymore, but I lOVE them! I think I might actually just wear them with a safty pin. Who would know right?
Old 06-13-2001, 09:05 AM   #7  

I am with Janet on this one. I started getting rid of lots of clothes and have already donated quite a bit. I had boxed some up and put it in the garage but have now decided to keep them for when I get pregnant. I figure that I will need them before I am ready for maternity and after I have a baby, as I get back to my pre-pregnant size.

Originally, I never wanted to see those clothes again! Since I already went from 234 to 190 and now 194 to 160, I had gotten rid of the really big stuff a long time ago.

Sarah
194.4/160.2/160DR/153WW
Old 06-13-2001, 01:28 PM   #8  
flibbertobbergenie!

Smile

Wow, Sarah, I never realised you started out at 234 ... that's so impressive! You should def include it in your stats!!!

And Angie - if you love 'em, keep wearing 'em! I've got a gorgeous skirt that is just getting too loose round the waist and I am CERTAINLY going to be safety-pinning it

Lxxx
Old 06-14-2001, 04:56 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Question

I said I'd get rid of them, and I have to some extent - I try to alter the good ones and I want to keep my "fattest" pair of jeans as a reminder so that I know how far I have come and that I never want to go back.

I have heard different views about keepign the old clothes...that is just my feeling.
Old 06-14-2001, 05:16 PM   #10  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Default MUCHER KINDER THAN ME!

I voted NO, I wouldn't keep them. Actually, I've got a whole plan for that!

I sell on Ebay. I have LOTS of clothes that I never wore....still with tags...and they were the first to go. Next were the clothes that I shrank out of! I'm telling you, I'm making a fortune becuase I have a LOT of clothes!!! LOL

FYI- If anyone's interested (shameless plug, shameless plug!) I sell on ebay as Taunia27. My email for my auctions is [email protected].

If anyone has any questions about selling on ebay, just let me know....I'm happy to help. It's really a great way to make some extra cash and get rid of the old clothes!

Cheers,
Taunia

Closed Thread