South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 06:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday on The Beach - August 18

Beautiful coolish morning. It's 52ºF here at 6:30. It was so nice to sleep with all the windows open and a quilt over me. I've had a good loaf in the tub and am ready to start my day. The Girls are still zzzzing away downstairs. The barked at terrorists once during the night so are probably exhausted. Being a dog is hard work.

Not much scheduled for today except taking Lucy to the vet for some bloodwork. She is supposed to fly out west to visit her new boyfriend but so far the time is not right. Bloodwork will tell is she is playing coy. I want fall grandpuppies.

Later on I may get some gardening done. My front perennial bed needs massive cutting back and I need to get cracking on potting plants for the plant sale at the end of August. I'm hoping it stays cool for the day.

What's happening chez toi?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:54 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ruth...you are up and at it already this morning. It is sunny and cool here this morning aswell. You can actually feel fall in the air in the mornings.
Me- not much going on today. I have to get laundry done and some plant care. other than that not much. I think I will go put on the tea pot and try catching up on all the other posts.Have a great day chicks.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:04 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! Just going about my daily business.....will catch up with you later!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:06 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Been a busy week for me. This morning I had 9 draws! Yeesh! Would have been 10 but one vein didn't want to give it up. Oh, well.

Ruth, it's nice to know Canada is safe with Lucy and Hershey on the job!

Good morning, Little Chick.

Okay, I gotta fly!

Have a great day on the Beach, everyone!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:14 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I think this may be the first time I'm ever the third poster in the daily!

Ruth, fall grandpuppies sound wonderful! Would Lucy be able to get some 'action' with her boyfriend this time or was the problem last time something she'll always deal with? Seems if she has to carry the puppies and nurse them, she ought to get at least some fun out of the deal! I know you'll miss her when she's gone, though! It's in the 50s here, too (thanks for converting the temp for us nutty Americans! ), and I love sleeping when it's cool outside and we have the windows open...delicious!

LC, I am loving your avatar and ticker. I need to go update mine...it's obvious J & S have been adding cute things to the ticker choices! Hey, I just finished my first cup of tea for the day. I even made a pot in my adorable cat teapot. I'll have to take a pic for you guys sometime...I got it at TJ Maxx and love it. DH, of course, says it's the ugliest thing he's ever seen.

Me:
Have had breakfast, mentally spent our entire year's salary while looking at catalogs (Yankee Candle and an amazing Quilting/fabric catalog) and logged on with my cup of tea to find that my e-mail isn't working. Something about the SMTP server? Oy...it's one thing after another with our e-mail...and I'm going to have to log off the computer so I can go 'discuss' this with the techies. I know it's not their fault, but I get frustrated when the same problems happen over and over and I don't know why they change all of a sudden!

Last night, we had a delicious meal...I figured out that I can substitute wheat germ for breadcrumbs in recipes and I used them to make a fake 'weinerschnitzel' out of chicken from a Cooking Light recipe. Turned out very good! I also made their grilled veggies with feta using one of the humongous zucchinis from our garden. That was fantastic...I'll have to post the recipe on here. It's a Phase 1 and something I would willingly eat for breakfast lunch and dinner!

My behind is killing me this morning! I can walk, so it's not as bad as the squats I did a couple months ago (or perhaps I just have more muscle now and can handle it...does that mean I need to do MORE squats??? ), but it definitely aches, as do my neck, stomach, and thighs. That 'Totally Pumped' class is a heck of a workout...like Barb's 'Pain in the Butt' class, but for your whole body! Today I have yoga/pilates. Last week it was almost entirely yoga...I'm not a huge fan of yoga itself, but it was really relaxing. Today I could use the stretching! If we don't do it in class, I am totally busting out the pigeon position. (DH laughs at me and sings Bert's "Doing the Pigeon" song from Sesame Street when I do this pose...) It really stretches your glutes and boy do I need it!

Then it's off to the pool to hang out with several friends from school. They bring their kids to our local public pool every day and I promised I'd try to make it before summer was over. I'm looking forward to lounging with friends and reading a trashy book. I'm not looking forward to being in public in a suit, though...but I went suit shopping last weekend and bought three tankinis. I had DH take pics and sent them to several friends (oh Ruthie...I haven't heard from you...did the pics burn out your eyes? ) and asked for their vote on which suit to keep. I think I'm going with a black one that has a cute top. It's plain, but it does make me look tinier. Let's hope that everything stays in place and that my belly doesn't suddenly pop out! I would have loved a one piece, but there were none left in my size in the stores!

Tonight I have my appt. with my psychi and I'm going to have to convince her that I only need to see her once in a while for a half hour instead of every week for an hour. My therapist just became an 'out of network' practitioner, so that means that I'm going to be paying through the nose for two hours of therapy a week...can't afford it! Wish me luck on convincing her!

Have a great day, chickies! I hope you enjoy this beautiful weather and find staying OP very easy!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:15 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning Jen and Mamacita! Obviously I'm poster 5, not three...if I weren't so long winded...

Mama, I agree...it's good to know that we're protected, even south of the border, by vigilant Lucy and Hershey. I wonder if they are official Royal Mountie Dogs?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:26 AM   #7  
cranky & determined

Good Morning, Beach Chicas!

It's cool in NYC too, and I'm ever so grateful.

Taking Casper to the groomer today ($$$) - I discovered two mats - he looks really cute with longer hair - but it's tough to maintain, so he'll be getting a 'puppy cut' today.

While he's at the groomer's, I'll start paining a rattan chest - nned to prime it firsst, but that will probably take a while... it willl be great when it's done though.

Went to Home Depot yesterday and lugged a big bag of potting soi,l along with the primer and paint cans, home. Amazingly, most of the potting soild is gone already - those plants were hungry!

Ruth - I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your pups!

Little Chick - Have a great Beach day!

Mamacita Happy 'drawing'!

Later arrivals Good Morning ya'll and have a glorious day on ye olde Beach!

Time to get the little dog out for an airing before he goes to the groomer

Cheers,

Last edited by operadog; 08-18-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #8  

Morning all! Hope everyone has a fabulous day.

I am on day 4 and feeling good. Still tired and lacking energy to work out. I do think it is a combination of Phase 1 and TOM. I am feeling really bloated and can't seem to stop the diet coke intake. I want to stop drinking it because even tho I LOVE it, it makes me bloat. This seems to be my only "bad" habit. Oh well. I think I just picked the wrong week to stop everything...reminds me of the movie "Airplane". (Ha, Ha)

Anyway, off my pity pot. Going to have a fabulous day!!!

Ruth....fall puppies? How sweet! I just got a 12 week old kitten. I love them when they are tiny. Then grow up to be too independent. Maybe I should get a puppy next.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #9  
Kyemom

Morning Beach Babes!!!
Well, I finally broke my plateau.. .just like you all said I would, and I am down another 3 lbs I am so excited. This is my lightest weight since...ummmm....I got married?? I guess...11 years ago...any way 23 more to go!!
Ruth- I hope you get puppies soon..We are supposed to breed one of my girls in Oct? Ithink that should be when...can't wait!!
Mama- Lots of blood today!!
Everyone else- have a great OP day..I will check back in a bit
Old 08-18-2005, 09:00 AM   #10  

Just a quick post - I am beat tonite.

But back on track with my eating woohooooooo

Have a good day.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:04 AM   #11  
Slow and Steady...

Good morning all!

This is my first post to the daily thread (I'm a little shy sometimes!), but I thought it would be nice to add my two cents since I read everyone's comments every day!

Kyemom: Hurray! Nothing can be more discouraging than a plateau. Glad to hear you've gotten past it!

Healthy4good: Glad to hear you're feeling good! It gets even better! I love Diet Coke, too. The way I cut back was to just drink half the can/bottle instead of the whole thing. I know it can be wasteful, but it worked for me.

beachgal: Looking forward to your recipe post!

Ruth: Hope you get those puppies! Maybe Lucy was just not feeling romantic?

The weather is cool and rainy here in Minnesota (doncha know). Looks like if it keeps up we will have to miss soccer this evening. We need the rain, though, after all of the hot weather we've had lately.

Just got to work and I'm working on my first cup of coffee . Can't seem to wake up this morning , so I may have to switch to the "hard stuff"!

I will be meeting a friend for lunch today (Salad, of course!). She just quit smoking and has gained a few pounds. She wants to get some info on the SBD, so I brought my books for her. Maybe I can get her on 3FC, too!

Not much planned (other than soccer) for tonight. Maybe I will get the chance to do some laundry and do my nails. Both of those are weekend projects, but the family went camping last weekend, and I am WAY behind on the laundry! The nails are not as high a priority as clean underwear!

Well, I guess I should get to work...but I will be keeping an eye on you all off and on during the day!

Have a great day all!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:13 AM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Nothing new to report today. Doing the same old grocery shopping,and takin a walk along the beach. BORING

Hi little chick. Yikes House work,have fun

Ruth-Waiting to see photos of Lucy's cute pups.

mamacita.-That not good,not finding the vain. Sorry for that painful experence.

Laura-Your a busy one, and for your good cooking. The chicken dish sound delicous,even though with was a subsituting meal.

Operdog- Have fun painting .

Healthy-Wean yourself from the coke,Your right I find that with all carborated sodas .

KyeMom- Yippee for your breakthough & the loss of 3 pounds.you having something to celebrate & reward yourself,but remember not food.

Have to go will post later Hugs BB
Old 08-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #13  

Good morning, everyone! Today is supposed to be bright and sunny (and 99!). A beautiful morning. I did make it to the gym for Pain in the Butt class and got in lots of arm exercises beforehand to make it a complete exercise.

Laurie - Your class sounds like fun! My PowerFlex class is a complete body workout and an hour long but I can only make it once a week. Your comment about the swimsuit makes me remember that I need to scan in a picture my sister took of me at the beach. My hair is a bit messed up by the wind but the suit looks good. It's a racer back one piece and I can actually move in it without worrying about anything "hanging out"!

Ruth - Sounds like a lovely day you have planned. Can you come help with my overgrown garden? I just need more hours in the day.

little chick - I've got my hot mint tea in front of me.

mamacita - I would be donating blood at our blood drive at work today but it isn't 8 weeks until tomorrow so I don't think they'll let me donate. I guess I'll just have to go by the neighborhood location next weekend when I have a little more time. I wish you were here to do my stick.

operadog - I think dogs look cute in puppy cuts! Much better than with painful matts.

healthy4good - Sounds like you are doing great! Don't worry about the Diet Coke. You can always cut back on it later. The energy will be back soon and you will be back to exercising.

kyemom - Congrats on breaking through the plateau!

Barb - Welcome to the Daily post! There is no reason to feel shy. We're like one big family - okay, maybe a little crazier than most but we're friendly!

Morning, jen415, beach bum and marianna!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Drive by:

Took the day off so I can clean for the catsitter (and friend).

And pack.

And clean some more!

In Maine starting tonight until Monday night, when we get back. Wish me luck!!! The in-laws experience should be interesting!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:27 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Good grief! Slept in until 9:30!! (had to take a pill last night) 12 posts already, and I've got to run... no time to read, but I'll get back in later... love you all!!
Closed Thread