Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-15-2005, 08:24 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Monday Aug 15 Lean Mean Slenderizing Machines

I'm trying to Pep Myself up this AM. Soem of my friends were supposed to hang out with me tonight or so I thought and things fell through in favor of another friend. Who Lives in the city and doesn't work full time. So color me ditched
I have to remember I'm 29 Married and have a full time Job most of them are 23/24 single and students. It just sucks some times
Yesterday we went to a train museum in Whippany with SIL and her 2 kids it was fun Sarah my lil Neice wanted to hang out with me I felt special!
I finally bought a dress for the wedding yesterday. 5 stores and only one dress
Most either didn't carry any formal wear unless you were anorexic I saw alot of 2's Loehmanns (to quote Fran Drescher) The Mother ship NOThing formal for the voluptuous Chick. I hit our local shi shi mall and in a half hour Hit Macys Neimans Nordstrom and Bloomies ( when I know what I want I shop like a guy) Nordstrom and Bloomies were the only ones who even had plus sized formal wear. The Woman In Macys was going to get a slap from me if she said one more time "It just doesn't sell"
Bloomies had alot of crazy old woman dresses and Insane Gypsy Stevie Nicks Dresses
Nordstrom had 1 a 14WP (I probably could have done with a 16WP) its long and black knit with a hit of shimmer and a Silver and black short Jacket. It's a little tight around the tumular region But I think I can stretch it and its back to phase 1 for me today.
I will be the bling bling queen in the dress!
Today I'm swilling a coffee (a habit I'm going back to ) I'm using whole milk down from my usual cream and eventually progressing to 1%
you can't go from Cream to skim it's just bad!
Welcome Manic!
Carla- I'm the benefiber queen Coffee is the only thing that does it for me.
bbiab
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning chickadees!

Monday already huh! boy the weekends fly by!

Do any of ya'll catch Joel Osteen from Lakewood Church in Houston on your cable tv? His sermons are sooooooooo positive. Last night's sermon was about positive vs. negative thinking - and certainly touched me! Anyway if you ever have the opportunity to catch him for 30 minutes I highly recommend it!

Kierie - so glad you found a dress for the wedding. Sorry my memory slips me this morning but whose wedding is this?

Welcome Mancibelle

Hope everybody had a great weekend and is ready for a new day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:37 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Cathy:
one of My good friends is getting married a week from Tuesday and it's black tie (it's a double blessing for Jews to get married on a Tuesday)
Sometimes I do Catch Joel Osteen, I'm not usually big on TV Preachers but he makes you feel good and has a lot of good Messages.
Alright back to work for this chickie!
Kierie
Old 08-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Mazeltov! Kier, the dress will probably be loose on you in a week! You will look wonderful, Nordies sometimes has good stuff and sometimes has awful stuff. I remember the shopping nightmares for a prom dress for my daughter....she is 5'10" and at the time was over 200 lbs.... OY! nothing fit the selection was for the slender, or she would have looked like grandma in what did come in her size....

After 3 days of frustration, dragging me to every mall in the state (and glaring at her mother who wore a size 8 at that time), we hit Nordstrom and she found a beautiful midnight blue with silver, bias-cut...size 14 and it looked great...the pricetag was 1/2 a mortgage payment..but I bought it for her along with "iron undergarments" recommended by the saleslady. I justified the cost by thinking I would have it altered and wear it myself! (she still has it and wears it to black-tie affairs 8 years later)

Here is another option if you are ever hunting for good size selection...click on Bluefly dot...they have very nice stuff.

I had a productive weekend and I can see some progress when I look in the mirror so I'm sticking with it....

BBL.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:23 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Marb you're always Productive you are my buff hero!
I'll definitely check out bluefly
I don't want to buy alot of Stuff till I can take W off my size
and then! > I'll shop!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:59 PM   #6  

If I'm so "buff" why do I have a thick padding where my waist should be? (nevermind answering, I'll just stick my fingers in my ears and sing like the arubian kid in jail--I know the answer)

just caught up on the weekend thread, ahem, Keir, I use the fiber caplets and a strong cup of starbucks....you can also add lentel soup, black beans to your diet...mix a few black beans and salsa into a cup of vegetable soup (unless that makes you say bleahk!) or black bean soup....tomatoes, more veggies...V-8 juice....

Welcome Mancibelle!

Hi Carla, Mmarie, Suemarie, Leenie, cathy (I've seen Joel Olsteen on TV, but not stopped to listen...the only one who caught my attention was Ed Young, but generally I tune them out) tippy, good for you, some people are quite narrow-visioned.....

What a sticky disgusting weekend.....I got a great haircut, but you'd never know it, because i refuse to blow and fluff only to look like Don King an hour later....

As I was racing from the car to the house (before my expensive groceries rotted) I was approached by a gorgeous man trickling sweat, walking through my neighborhood looking for directions....had the weather been BETTER, I might have turned on my blonde flirty charm....SIGH! I went searching for him later but thought I might kill the dog in the heat walking too much.....c'est la vie.....
Old 08-15-2005, 01:13 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Marb I'm rockign my D&D Coffee as we speak
and Making a 5 bean salad tonight to bring to work (my poor Cube neighbors) A week of Fiber Beans and Coffee and I should be in the running ahem!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #8  

yep, running being the relative term here, add in small doses to save yourself or you might have to stay home for the day..... Triscuits also help
Old 08-15-2005, 01:52 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies

Just ploppin in to say yello !!

Manicbelle, WELCOME !!!

Where had Liz been and Joann..... did they go on vacation and not tell us

Nothing new here, sosdd !!

Cathy yes, I saw that joel olsteen sermon yesterday and this morning I thougt about it and said to myself, I AM going to have a good day, yes sireee !!

Hugs to you all
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:40 PM   #10  
CIN

Hi Gals
Wow .lots of chatter...................some left me with ???? Like did I miss something? Probably reading the posts too quickly.

I am leading 3 meetings today.wish me luck! I have 2 more to go.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

I love Joel.when I catch him on the tube! He and his wife are awesome!

Later taters,
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone

Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend.

Welcome and hello Manicbelle

Not to much new here. Feel like I spent the weekend in my van. Dd17 was volunteering at the fair doing face painting for the four days so I was having to drive her there and pick her up again plus dd13 had a little get together that I had to get her to and from. For someone who is a real homebody thats a lot of running around!(after dd17 was born I was terrified to leave our apartment building alone so I'm always amazed when I manage to go out consecutive days)

Kiere and Marbles I know what you mean about finding a decent dress we ended up making my daughter's prom dress as there just wasn't anything in town unless we wanted to spend a fortune and special order. We lucked out and the fabric store was going out of business so we were able to get the fabric half price. (a beautiful green that went great with her auburn hair) The great thing about making it ourselves was that we could make changes for example my daughter is very busty and self conscience about it, so I made the little bolero jacket in the biggest size so she was nice and covered and comfortable.

Anyway I should get going, the house is a disaster and I should start shoveling it our!

Take care all, K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:40 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Manicbelle – yeah sometimes the mini goals help a lot. It’s motivating… it gets frustrating to see this huge lone goal of 200 and you aren’t getting anywhere. So if I set smaller goals and can reach them… it sorta releases some tension on the whole gotta get to 200lbs goal.

Marble – dresses… sigh… I’m trying to lose weight so I can get into a nice dress for my wedding. Which I keep putting off cause I wanna lose weight. It was March 2007, now I’m pushing it off to October 2007. But not just for weight, but also because it’s cooler than March. I don’t wanna be sweating like a pig ick….

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies…I just wanted to post some happy news for me…

Test Date: 07/16/2005

SUSAN * ***********
***** ******, CA 92***

Examination: 102 CSET Multiple Subjects Subtest II

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now all I have left is the BIG one… this is the English/History section of my state exam. I really suck at History and I’m afraid I’m gonna get nailed on the essay portion of the exam. WOOHOOO 2 down 1 to go!

I am thinking about going to the gym today. I skipped my water aerobics class today. So I might make up for that in gym time. We’ll see…

Take care everyone!
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #13  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies

Vacation?

We did get to see my sister and her husband, my cousin and her husband, and an old family friend and her husband a couple of weeks ago. They were staying on Hilton Head Island (SC)...about 100 miles up the road from us. What a place!

I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been really battling depression. I'm thinking about asking my Dr. to switch me from Lexapro, or add something else. The Lexapro is good for anxiety, but not so good for depression. I haven't had my ankle surgery yet...we're still paying on the first two (what insurance DIDN'T cover !). My son was sent to another correctional facility 125 miles from where we live ; we found out when we went to visit him at the county jail. He'll still be able to call us, and we can probably see him now and then. We're believing that God is going to work all of this for good

Tippy: You GO girl! People don't really think about being handicapped. I'm glad your church is going forward with this. You don't realize how important things like ramps and restroom stalls are until you've been there. And by the way, have you ever noticed that they always put the handicapped stall at the BACK of the rest area Why is that?

Kierie: Sounds like you're doing great on the Beach! I'd heard that getting 'bound up' was a side effect of the diet. Just drink a bunch of water, and get LOTS of fiber! I have some Powerful stuff here (I need it because of my muscle weakness)...but it's only available by prescription

Marble: Maybe that guy will show up when it gets cooler...and you can run after him

SueMarie: Congratulations on your exams!

ManicBelle: Welcome!

Buddly: I remember the running around here and there Would you believe I actually MISS it sometimes!

Cathy: I watch Joel Osteen now and then. His sermons are very postive

Leenie: How are you doing? When does DD start pre-K? You can do a nice long post when is at lunch

CIN: How are you feeling? I'm glad to hear you're back at your WW meetings

April: I never got a chance to congratulate you on your new grandbaby I hope she's doing well.

Liz: Please let us know how your job situation is going

I might not always post, but I'm out there lurking

Love to all of you
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:10 AM   #14  

Vacation ..........what Jo said!

Hi everyone!

Sorry busy last week................worked everyday............and then the weekend was busy with family time.......today I was helping my girlfriend pack.

Still waiting to hear about my job interview...........as soon as I know anything I will let you know........thanks for asking.

I'm going to go catch up on the posts..........my mood has been excellent the past several weeks........enjoying the upswing.......hope everyone is well!

See ya soon.

Liz

:wave
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote