UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #1  

Default New round these parts

Hi,

My name is Tracey, am 29 and live in Corby, northamptonshire. I have approximately 126lbs to lose and am starting the Cambridge Diet on 21st August. Would be glad to make new friends and of any support you guys can give....

Tracey
x
slinkypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #2  

Hi Tracey

Welcome to the forum,

Not long until you start your amazing weight loss journey. I am a CD Counsellor and i have lost a lot of weight in a short space of time.

Stick with it, first few days are tough but after that it gets easier and the weight loss is well worth the effort.

Mary
Mary_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #3  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Hi Tracey, good luck and keep on coming back!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:36 AM   #4  

Welcome Tracey
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #5  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hello! And good luck!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:37 AM   #6  
In over my head

Hi Tracey, welcome aboard!
miranoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:21 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Tracey

Mary how long has it taken you to lose all that weight? I'm going to do a search on the CD to find out if it would be right for me
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:44 AM   #8  

Hi Cathy

I lost just over 2 stone on slimming world in a year and it was too slow for me. So in the last 5.5months i have lost 5 stone 7lbs.
Which is what the average weight loss is for CD, 1 stone a month.

If you would like more information here is the web site www.cambridge-health-plan.co.uk

Mary
Old 08-16-2005, 07:49 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Thanks Mary I did'nt realise it was a meal replacement plan..you've had great results with it Well Done.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:29 AM   #10  

Thank you Cathy, Thats why i became a counsellor for cambridge as i was so impressed with the results.

The diet is meal replacement, you can do different programs where you are eating food as well as having the packs.

Average weight loss on just the packs is 1 stone a month.

Mary
Old 08-19-2005, 04:42 PM   #11  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Mary i've been studying the Cambridge diet and you must have the willpower of a saint especially if you did the Sole Source bit I can't imagine having to prepare 'proper' meals for my hubby whilst i'm only having shakes I just don't think that I could do it or anything like it it must be a real incentive to carry on though when you see weight dropping off you like that this is a bit personal but did you have any problems with flabby bits or excess skin? you look like you were lucky and everything snapped back into place. I'd like to lose 3sts but i'm older and I don't want the flabby bits well..nobody does do they?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #12  

Hey Slinky, How is cambrdge going? I have read that if you can get through the first 4 days that you should be able to stick to it... I have just bought a week of shakes but can't start until the 29th because I have family from the states visiting and felt the temptation would be to great to start whilst they are here...I am really exited!!! I have a ton to lose so I am hoping I have the will power to stick to it...
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:05 PM   #13  
Gym'll fix it!!

Melissa Let us know how you get on

Giving up the booze would be a problem for me I could do it Monday to Friday but come Friday night i'd have to have a tipple I've got to decide whether to do W.W...Slimming World or Lindora again I lost 30lbs in 3mths on W.W. but I WAS STARVING I've never stuck with Slimming World long enough to give it a chance because I missed the bread ( I think ) but the week I did it..it definitely worked and now they've got the mix to match or whatever its called so I think it must be even better...and then there is Lindora which is high protein decisions..decisions they ALL WORK I just don't have the willpower to be bothered
Old 08-30-2005, 03:30 PM   #14  

Just finished day one...Tough but so far manageable...We will see what the next few days are like...Hopefully, my next message won't come from prison following a midnight burger robbery at McDonalds...LOL
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:48 PM   #15  
Gym'll fix it!!

Keep at it Melissa I don't want to read the headline "BURGER BANDIT AT LARGE IN KENT"