Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 12:42 AM   #1  

Angry Fibro #24

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Tootie - are you flooding out there? I read that there were mudslides etc. Hope that isn't affecting you. When you get a minute post and let us know you are ok.

Meme - What can I say, except I am right there with you! Takes sooooo long to take it off and only a little while to put it back on! What a yoyo!! I am my own worst enemy.

Candice - I now know you are back, but tell us how your trip was. I hope that you are not having a flare from it.

Mima and Joanna - How did you like the wholewheat pasta? You two don't sound like you are to much overweight - good for you. I might have to breakdown and go to weightwatchers. Didn't do it because it hadn't worked for me the last time I tried it. The program is totally different so I might have to give it a chance. My daughter has lost 58 pounds and looks absolutely wonderful.

Ally - Let those two sweat it out a bit. It won't hurt them. Also, it is good for them to see you cry. They need to know that you have feelings as well. Me, I take anything for quite a long time, and them look out. I just yell, get it out, get over it and get on with it. Works for me

So, we didn't get any rain until last week, and now the darn tap won't shut off. Not raining all the time, but so dull. I NEED THE SUN!!! The farmer's still want lots more. But a little sun in between would do me just fine.

My daughter and granddaughter were here for the weekend. Always enjoy that little one, and my daughter has recovered quite well from her surgery. She went back to work last week. I will post a picture of my little sweetheart soon.
Old 06-11-2001, 03:31 AM   #2  

I'm sooooo sick...gotta do SOMETHING!!! Can't stand this pain much longer!

Something cute: Daughter painted the little one's toes for the first time last night...bright red! (she's only 2) Said she put sandals on her for church this morning so Jenna goes in church and sticks her little foot out for everone she met and said, "See, petty toes!"

I'm going on a diet BIG TIME tomorrow!!!
Old 06-11-2001, 03:50 AM   #3  

Stupid...meme you are not..crazy, well ..we all know you are!

Mima..I'm doing WW..It's been a year now.

Anne...can't wait to see the pictures.

Ally..the sun bothers me too, I have to have my sunglasses on and a hat or visor.

Toots..ya got your lifejacket handy! Thought of you when I saw the news.

I have been in the yard again and low on energy..there is just so much to do, I never know when to rest!

Meme, my brother gave me PaintShopPro No time to use it yet!
Old 06-11-2001, 07:03 AM   #4  

Default pasta

I haven't tried the pasta yet because of my wheat allergy-I cheat on that when I am not stuffed up.Am still feeling good fibro wise. Going to a health fair today and getting bone density done.My mother had severe osteoporosis.And weighing in. I'll let you know.Have a great day.Mima
Old 06-11-2001, 10:07 AM   #5  

Default Hello

Hi and Goodmorning Everybody
Happy Canuk - I tried the pasta and it was ok . I did spend a little extra time in the bathroom the next day. I am not sure if that is a plus or minas??? Give WW a try . I went to WW 3 years ago and lost 57 lbs. I have maintained pretty well. I put on a few and have been in the process of trying to get back down to 145 for a couple years. I think my body likes where it is. But I think that at least I have stayed at my allowed wt for WW with the trying. It sure isn't easy.
Tootie- I feel for you,but if you want you can send some of that rain to Florida. We sure do need it. Stay safe!
Candicej Thanks for the pictures of your garden. It reminds me of what I need to do in mine. It is so hot though so I usually end up at my Quilt rack. instead.
Memetoo- Hope you feel better soon.
Bye for now--Joanne
Old 06-11-2001, 11:54 AM   #6  

Thanks Joanne...I started on a no calorie diet today so I should start to feel better soon.

I'm going out to eat lunch with my daughter in a little while...it is so hard to eat out when dieting. But we are going to a Tai place where I can just get a plate of chicken and rice...should be ok if I just eat half and then not much dinner. I'm going to stop somewhere on the way home and pick up some extra fruit, too. If I can eat fruits, salads, chicken, fish and rice for a couple of weeks (and drink water and green tea) I can drop about 10 pounds fast. It isn't easy though!

Candice...you'll love paint shop pro. That's what I use to make all my background sets and crop pictures, etc. I've been using it for a year and a half now and still don't know 1/2 of what it can do!!! I've been wanting to get into making my own animated gifs but don't have the time. Talk about so much to do. I'm keeping a 2 yr. old and 4 yr. old 10-11 hrs. a day, I have 12 piano students every week (3 students a night 4 nights a week) so that means I teach until nearly 8 because they don't pick the kids up until nearly 6. Then I have all the housework (full basement, too, where I teach), cooking, shopping, laundry, my mom (biggest pain of all!), the rest of my family (kids and 2 more grandkids and hubby, etc.) and my web sites take a lot of time, and of course there is Sammy...she takes a lot of my time, too. Her hair is soooo long...it takes forever to groom her now. And bathing her takes forever, too. For those of you who don't know...she is my golden retriever...I think I posted a pic. on the other thread. She just turned 1 yr. old last week so is bigger than the pic. now. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with stuff I just want to run away from home. My problem is, the whole family would have to go with me!!!

Oh well...I guess the alternative would be no life ... might be ok for awhile!
Old 06-11-2001, 01:17 PM   #7  

Default Hello

Meme, what can I say, that I haven't already said a thousand times. SLOW DOWN. You make me tired just reading your post I do hope that some of the pain is going away, so you can get on with your crazy life in the fast lane. It must be very difficult to do when you are seized up Take care, my friend.

Joanna - never thought about the pasta being that much more fiborous, but I guess it is. As I said, may give ww another try.

Candice - Your garden is beautiful. I am sure it is lots of work, and creates lots of pain for you, but like I told Meme, what can I say.

Mima - It is so great to hear from someone who is not having a bad fibro day. I,myself, have been a little worse, as the humidity has been so high. I did really well in the first part of the spring because it was dry here.

Ally - Try the wholewheat pasta. Joanna says she had a few extra trips to the bathroom after eating it

I guess Tootie must be busy. You that live in the US, can you tell me if it is still going on and how serious it was? We hear a bit about it, but not like you would.

I am going to try a new chiropractic procedure today. A couple of ladies from Clouds have been doing this and have had great results. The Chiro. specializes in Upper Cervical Procedures. They have lost a lot of the pain from shoulders, arms, ets. Will let you know how it turns out. You can go have a look at the website if you want to. It is www.uppercervical.org Go to About us and read it. It is interesting.

Hope you all have a great, painfree day.
Old 06-11-2001, 07:17 PM   #8  

http://www.brensplace.com/cards/lightinstorm.htm

Go and enjoy
Old 06-11-2001, 08:06 PM   #9  

Happy...What a nice poem, and the music is still playing.
I haven't had that "luck" with wheat pasta. My metabolism has to be the slowest there is. I need all that extra fruit and veggies thru out the day to just do a normal number two.
Add wheat pasta and I don't notice anything new.
Now I can't remember who posted about WW....Mima?
And then Meme and her ten pounds in a few weeks.
I don't know girls, I expected to be feeling really fine byt now and I thought I would be walking off ten pounds this summer.
No such luck. Lots of aches and pains.
Is it the rain, the nasty nasty winter, the fact that I'm getting old???
I still walk over an hour total a day. Twice at work on break, lunch and then after dinner. But, not all at once. I can only walk for 20 minutes and then poop out.
And not exactly power walking either.
I don't want to starve right now either. I feel like I am eating just enough. But no weight loss.
Boo hoo.
Old 06-12-2001, 07:38 AM   #10  

Default The good ,bad ,and the ugly

Hi everyone!The good news is that I lost 3.2 lbs at WW. Of course, I wore jeans and a sweatshirt LAST week!But I know that is good and I love the choices. At the meetings, we discuss low point desserts. Are we carb addicts or what!!!!!Also, I had my cholesterol done at the Health Fair and it went down 11 points and my good choesterol went up. It's already nice and high.
I do hurt today from my water exercise class-I guess I'll have to go to the easier one. The ugly is that my bone density test showed medium bone loss.I put a call into my gp. I know they have meds now-I am on 5mg prednisone -maybe I need to stop it. Like I said before-my mom had severe osteo and broke bones just brathing. Although she drank, smoked , and took high doses of pred. for rheumatoid arthritis. I take 1400 mg. of calcium but I do have the milk allergy so maybe it's not being absorbed. Also-HRT and vitamin D and walk. I'd like to walk today but my hips are killing me-maybe later. I AM WHINING!!!!!!which I do before I accept. I guess everyone has stuff to deal with.
Hope it stops raining in Texas. I guess some of it is coming up here. Talk soon. Mima
Old 06-12-2001, 08:41 AM   #11  

Default Tahank You

Happy Canuk-- What a nice way to start the day!!! Thank You for the card. I sent to my sister and daughter.
I ate my way through the day yesterday, Today I will do better. All you girls pray for me as I will you. Joanne
Old 06-12-2001, 10:56 PM   #12  

Default Hi. Do you all have a life

or are you just to busy to come chat on the board. Candice, where are you? Are you still sore or played out from your trip, or what. Come tell us what you did!

Meme - Where are you? Going to lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Without starving. Good for you. Hope you are feeling better.

Mima - Good for you with your weight loss. To about about the bone density test, however. I had one in January, and everything was fine. Sorry to hear that you are a hurting along with the rest of us.

Joanna - Had a little eating fit, did you Well, that happens to all of us. I have to pull my socks up and get back at it.

Ally - So what if you don't lose as long as you feel good, that is the main thing. I am not talking about the pain of fm, just general health.

Phyllis - Come out and talk to us. I am getting worried about you. HOpe you are doing ok.

I posted this great long message (Candice, you will probably be glad I LOST the whole thing).

I am going to tell you about my trip to this chiro that specializes in Upper Cervical Procedure. It is so great. I had my first treatment today. This is not like a regular chiro. No twisting, or manipulation at all. He only works on the first vertibra, where the brain stem goes into the spinal column. It is painless and just takes a few minutes. HOwever, yesterday, I spent an hour with him, while he did x-rays of that area, and measurements. No treatment yesterday because he needs to see the x-rays and be exact when he does the procedure. After the treatment he did more measurements and another x-ray. He did not touch my lower back and it feels the best it has felt in years. Hope it holds until Friday, when I go for another treatment. There will be 26 total. Also, the pain in my shoulders and arms has decreased immensely. If you want to read about it, it is in a post I did a couple of days ago. Just glad to feel no pain for awhile.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:15 AM   #13  

That picture made me hungry!!!

I'll have to ask my daughter about that chiro thing when she gets back from Baltimore...see if she knows anything about it. She goes to the chiro every week or so. I don't have time to go!!!

Still hurting...still haven't gotten my meds and still haven't gotten my shot. It has been 4 1/2 weeks now...supposed to get the shot every three. Dr. office put a trace on the med they ordered last Mon. and it has been sent...don't know where it is though!

Wild kids today and too much pain to deal with them!
Old 06-13-2001, 01:34 AM   #14  

Default Fatigue has set in!

So has the humidity and hot weather! I can't work outisde..Boo Hoo If my energy comes back I will try to do some work inside maybe the fish tank..it needs cleaning, new filter and stuff. Oh the kitchen floor needs scrubbed too! Maybe Meme will come clean my house in her spare time!

Anne....we shopped and shopped and shopped my mom just did not tire out this time! I'll have some pictures of family soon, maybe if they are good. I will post them! Loved the lighthouse and the poem! Thanks..you find such nice things to share..be gald when my email is working right again!

I quit going to the Chiro cause it hurt too much!

I'm trying Chondrotin right now.......

Meme..0 calories........wish all food had 0 calories! on WW there is 0 points food!

Ally...so you are full of S*** is that what you are saying!LOL

Joanne and Mima are you both on WW?

Tootie are you keeping your head above water?

Last edited by Candicej; 06-13-2001 at 02:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2001, 07:16 AM   #15  

Default Replies to postings

Hi-feeling a little better today. I'm going to ask my chiro about that cervical manipulation-that seems like it goes along with that surgery that was on the news a while back saying that some fibro was caused by a defect in that part of the spine.We are so desperate.Just when I think I've found a way to feel minimally pain free-it comes back. Like the water exercise. I still go but it always seem like I injure some part of my body.I hurt my shoulder doing Yoga ending in rotator cuff surgery.I did do some of the stretching last night and that seemed to help.Still haven't heard from my doctor about how to handle the bone loss.
Joanne-I am on Weight Watchers for the second week.
Going to Trader Joe's to find some low calorie foods that have calcium.Have a great day everyone and R-E-L-A-X. Mima
Closed Thread