Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 09:06 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 8/8 - 8/14

Starting the topic - be right back.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #2  

Default Happy Birthday Carla!!!!

I'll be back later this afternoon to catch up on posts and post more but I just wanted to stay:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to your healthiest, happiest yet!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:20 AM   #3  
Back on Program!

Well, I thought this week was going to be a big loss, what with my exercising more and all.................BUT, the scale is only down half a pound. I am trying to keep a positive attitude. Maybe I am retaining water or something.
I just have to keep the faith and know that I am trying as hard as I can, staying OP, and we'll see what happens next week. I know I have been working hard because all my muscles are so achy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLA!!!!
Have a good time and don't stress about what you are eating (just for your bday that is ). Have a wonderful day!!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:04 PM   #4  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies...just popping in to say hello...I am still in PA at my folks house but the funeral food went down hill....but I dusted off and started anew on friday. I have gone over in points every day but they tend to be fruit so I am not holding myself responsible lol. No, I am but I am using flex points. I started my new week as of Friday and did well so far. I am using in my head the excuse that I am getting my TOM (which happens to be two day late but I am also contributing that to stress from being home for we use protection) and I cant weigh in cause I dont have MY scale. My SIL did get one like mine yesterday for her birthday and I weighed in at 205.5 at 4pm fully clothed minus shoes so HIP HIP HORRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY So far so good. I guess I will take that as my weigh in? Actually I will keep last weeks and go from here. I have been journalling and walking as well. EVEN got my butt up yesterday and did a half an hour. Waiting for my mom to get home so I can walk while Jordan is down for his nap and Nathan is playing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU CARLA!!!! Eat a pc of cake for me?!!!!! I HOPE IT IS A GREAT ONE!!

Rachel, looks like you are doing well. And remember that muscle weighs more than fat. How are the clothes fitting? Keep up the good work!

I am so stoked about this though....my parents say that my body is alot smaller than before...(my mom says that my arms have lost alot and my legs look GREAT!) If that isnt incentive to walk then I dont know what is.
Ok ladies.....Judy, have a great day and all you stay OP! I am so proud of you all! Lets keep those losses coming!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:31 PM   #5  

Carla - Happy Birthday again, girlfriend! Enjoy the cale and then freeze or throw out the rest ;-) Yes, I'm sure you'll feel better once Ana starts school and you see her adjusting. I surely can understand. Yes, it is very tricky ground I'm walking on and I'm really cognizant of that and at the same time I sooooooo want to help Anthony! I hope you gave yourself a birthday gift of health and got on the bike and/or walked to the mall. I hope you have enjoyed your birthday - food and all. I've found that it's a really good strategy for special occassions to have a little indulgence - and keep it reasonable as you are planning to do. It helps me feel less deprived and I'm less likely to come home and then go nuts. Sorry about that dryer - that is just the worst. I hope the repairman can come soon and fix your dryer. I remember after we moved into the house and the dryer finally died (of course, it was from the 50's or 60's). I remember growing up so many people dried their clothes on clotheslines - now when the dryer is broken, you just feel so helpless! Hmmm, gazpacho sounds great. I'm going to break out my South Beach recipe (it was yummy and very point friendly) and try to make some tomorrow.

Rachel - Half a pound is still a good loss. I'll bet all the good exercising and all will catch up on the scale eventually. I agree with Kelly Jo - doing strength training can possibley (at first) slow down the loss on the scale but it does so many good things for your body and your metabolism.

Kelly Jo - Good for you for dusting yourself off and forgetting about the food - nothing you can do about it now and it's so understandable it being the funeral and all. Isn't it great when people notice your progress?? That's great about what your parents said. I'm hoping to lose enough by the beginning of September so that people at work might notice a change. Oh and way to go on getting up and moving even when you are away from home!

I had a so-so weekend. I did reasonably well at the Chinese restaurant but got very snacky when we came home and used a bunch of weekly points. I did OK at the bar-b-que - turns out there wasn't sausage and peppers, Carla, but mostly grilled chicken and flank steak and I ate a whole bunch of raw veggies before dinner and a whole bunch of fruit after dinner (instead of cake). I snacked a little late last night though so I have to get back to my cut-off point in the evening - that really makes a difference to how well I do because it's the evenings that can be my downfall. I was consistent with the exercise, giving myself a rest day yesterday. I went into the city today to the dentist and did a 30 minute step workout when I got home. I have a ton of work to do but may just give myself the night off and spend the whole day working tomorrow.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-09-2005, 09:29 AM   #6  
kellyjoiii

Ok, the TOM hit me hard last night when I gorged on some cinnamon buns, nutter butters, oatmeal cookies and a bowl of granola cereal. I need to figure out my points and I will be working out EXTRA hard today...I talked my mom into taking the boys to breakfast so I can work out. I had a great one yesterday....doing a 14 min mile and then went shopping for some new shorts....18's!!!!!!! That is 3 sizes down. I even fit into some 16s here at my mom's house. Granted they are "cut big" but none the lessssss...still 16s. I cant wait to get home Friday so I can get back to my way... and not worry about what there is to eat and such. Then who knows when I can exercise because my DH is getting up at 345 three times a week for work. I guess I will just have to do my walk aways and gazelle on those days. Oh well. I am also hoping not to have gained any weight here but if I have...oh well I will get back to the drawing board when I get home. DH told me that the Khaki ball is on September 7th so I have almost exactly 2 mos to lose more weight. I am hoping to get down at least 15 more lbs. That puts me at 188 which is where I was when I got married (almost but with 8 more lbs.) That was 7yrs ago. I want to be at goal by the time we transfer in DEC. when we come home again. 165-170 and that is TOTALLY feasible. Ok, I am done rambling......I will check in later.........Have a great day GIRLS!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #7  
kellyjoiii

I am OFF to exercise! Be back later...I plan on trying to get three miles in by an hour....we'll see how that goes!! Update later!!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #8  
Back on Program!

Default Good for you Kelly!

Way to go with the exercise!!
Last night a friend and I took the "Latin Impact" aerobics class at the gym. i just about killed us but it was SO FUN!!! Salsa aerobics to Ricky Martin and such,very fun! But man, my hips are huring today!
Just thought I'd share. Gotta get back to work!
Old 08-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #9  
kellyjoiii

Ok I am back and I just wanted to say Iiiiiiiii WWWaaaaannntttttt aaaaaa treadmillllllllllll and I will be telling DH when we get that first payraise that is what I want. I just paid 4 bucks to work out at the YMCA across the road but every bit worth it. I did 3 miles in less than 55 mins and RAN yes, RAN on the TM, I sweated like I havent in years. I burned 400 cals! Ok can you tell I am proud of myself? I will be going to the gym in the am with my dad (5am) just so I can run on the treadmill. I am off to shower........have an AWESOME day girls!

PS...RACHEL....that latin aerobics sounds fun! You go girl!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #10  

KellyJo - Congratulations on dealing with the food by exercising! I know what you mean about a treadmill - I got mine during better financial times and while I don't love to run (and can't do it too often with my knees) it is great to have it in my basement for when it is soooo hot and humid here. I don't knkow if you ever explained what the Khaki Ball is - is your husband in the military?

Rachel - that Latin Aerobics sounds like fun and there's nothing like having fun when you exercise to get you to keep doing it!

I had a snacky night last night. I'm sure it was related to school work and working with my grandson. Don't get me wrong - I love him and I'm glad to be helping him but he is pretty reluctant to read although he was pretty good for pre-reading activities (with phonics). Anyway, I'm determined to stick with cutoff time tonight. I didn't get done all the work I wanted to do today but I did finish and send the draft of the case report to my professor. I didn't finish writing up (and doing the planning of post-reading activities) the lesson I started with Anthony yesterday but I figure I can work on it tomorrow and Saturday. I'm going to my parents' pool tomorrow and am planning on doing some research tonight and bringing my laptop with e so I can get a few hours of work in - and then kick back and relax! I didn't manage to do formal exercise yesterday but after Anthony and Tony came back from from Anthony's first game at Yankee Stadium, we all "played baseball" in the backyard and I did run around a bit. Today I did some aerobics, weights and abs and plan on doing something in the morning before heading over to my parents'.

Carla - how are you you ??? Check-in and say hi!

Have a great one,
Judy
Closed Thread