Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-02-2005, 08:11 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Aug 2 2005

Morning everyone!

Working a day shift today.......joining the land of the living.

Got lots done yesterday............after the BBQ came home and the four of us put the kitchen back together .........many hands makes light work. So most of my cupboards in the kitchen have been washed out and rearranged.

Have any of you from BC heard anything about the telus strke?

It has been hot and beautiful.

Have a great day everyone!

Liz

P.S. Cindy I am not sure exactly why you had the surgery you had but I know that depending on what has been going on with you........it could take up to a year to feel like your self again.......so go easy on yourself and take it one day at a time!
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

wow lots of posts from yesterday! that's great!

Liz - hope you have a good day! it must feel so much better to be working a day shift! and congrats to dd 13 for losing 8 lbs. That is a lot of weight loss for a 13 year old. I hope she is proud of her accomplishments! Your new range must be really nice! We have Build a Bear down here too - the girls seem to love it!

Marble - I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you are feeling better in general today.

Cin - I can't imagine that you are feeling like yourself yet. That was some MAJOR SURGERY you had done!!!! I am amazed that you are doing as much as you are doing. I hope the tiredness starts lifting but please remember you have been thru something MAJOR. Hey - I love chimes and sun catchers too. Just love that kind of stuff. Sounds like you had a good time at Walgreens. hehe They will make great little gifts for you to whip out as needed.

MMarie - hey there girlie! we have been missing you! I would imagine it took an hour to read up on all those posts - even if you skimmed quickly. Sounds like the cruise was really nice - I'm with you tho that the scenery would be the best part to me. All I hear about cruises is the 24 hour access to amazing food. That would be really hard for me. CONGRATS on only gaining 3 lbs! I think that is a major accomplishment and you should be proud that you were that disciplined!!!! Thanks for asking about my son. He is fine. Of course, he feels bad that he couldn't work thru the panic attack - it makes him feel "weak", but he has not been down about it or too hard on himself so I am really glad about that. He is working with dad now. DH has a lawn service and it worked out fine. Dad needed the help, and DS needs the work/money. We will use this time (while he is not working with the public like that) to reduce one or two of his meds and see if we can get him feeling better. He was placed on psychotropic drugs before finding out that he actually had a low thyroid problem, and now that he is better on the Armour Thyroid I am just not convinced that he needs these meds. So we will find out but we will be going very slowly. The side effects of coming off of some of these meds can be terrible.

Leenie - whassssssup girlie?

April - I pray that all goes well with your DIL and your grandbaby! keep us posted.

Meagan - belly dancing classes sound like fun! 2 hours will be some kind of work out! let us know how it goes.

Hey Buddly - enjoyed chatting with you on Saturday night. Glad the movies were good! I was wondering with the drive in movies starting at 10 pm - does it get dark really late up there?

SueMarie - where are you girlie? did the guys show up to do your drive way?

Ok well I got up early and did 2 miles with perky Leslie Sansone this morning. She just seemed really perky for 5:30 in the morning

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
August Miles = 2
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

chixy, look up Obagi Peel and find a reputable salon or derm.

Hi everyone, I'm still a bit *off* but back on track and I slept well.....thanks for support.

several folks are MIA???? or just on vaaaacaaaaaa?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Boo !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

*walks in slowly peeping around corner*

Hi everyone! I’ve been out of it for about a week or two. I was hiding away in the library or in the bedroom trying to get back on course before finals hit me. I had my finals yesterday. Both my physics and Calculus final were on the same day. I’m kinda worried about my calculus tho you know when you study so much things start to get fuzzy… well I’ve never had that problem before, until yesterday It was like I knew the material but the minute I looked at the final, the material flew outta my ears. I don’t even want to think about what I’ve gained or lost or maintained… I really haven’t focused too much on it, but I did try to watch what I ate. I didn’t log anything tho. So I was sorta flying blind on the calorie intake. I also caught a nasty chest cold so I’ve been taking it easy. No water aerobics and no gym. My asthma is really kicking into gear too. I also managed to put a kink into my neck. Must have slept wrong… sheesh when it rain it pours.

I met someone from the board I post on the 300lbs and ready to start again forum. One of the ladies lives somewhat close to me and we met up at the Ontario Mills mall and had lunch and walked the mall for about 4 hours. It was really nice to be able to meet someone from here and put a face and voice to the name. It makes things a little more personal knowing there really is a flesh and blood person behind all these names. Almost reassuring.

Liz – Welcome back to daytime How often do your shifts rotate like they do? (between day and night)

Cathy – Hi!! Yes the guys did come for the driveway this Saturday. They did a BEAUTIFUL job! The only thing is I didn’t take and before and after pictures The after pictures are easy to do heheh but the before pictures I’ll have to rely on what I took while we had the tractor here. Hopefully there are some good shots of the dirt mess that it was before we put the cement in. I will take pics when I can and post them up on my webpage I’m really excited now because the driveway is done we can get the rest of the yard done. Our next project is prepping the other side of our house for drainage and a shed. Then after that, I’m going to map out where I want to put my raised gardens at and order the bricks for it. James wants to put a Gazeebo and Jacuzzi in the backyard now too… so if he still really wants that, I may have to hold off on my raised gardens, re-calculate the finance situation and see if we have enough money to do that. That just means I might have to get rid of my water feature. But if you think about it… I’m getting a bigger water feature it’s just not for the fishies I was hoping to put in the water feature hehehe. Gotta love Leslie, she’s definitely got way to much energy no matter what time of the ya hehhee…

Well guys I’m outta here. I feel strange, like I should be doing homework I am hoping to get my grades soon… I hope I did good!

Take care everyone!
Sue…

Last edited by SueMarie301; 08-02-2005 at 01:41 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone.
Gosh our coffee maker packed it in Sat morning, so I had to dig out an old drip type maker and is it ever hard to get use to. After 17 years of just pushing that button or setting a timer, now I have to remember to actually <gasp> pour water!!! Coffee is a little slow this am!
Sounds like everyone is off to a running start here.
Cathy - chat was fun, that was only my second time in a chat room. I'm glad to hear that your son is doing better, thats good that you had a "quiet" job for him to go to, especially if he's adjusting medication. We are fairly "north" and in the summer we have lots of light. Its worse if you go to the drive-in the end of June beginning of July as it doesn't get dark till after 11 and by 3-4am the sky is already lightening up. But we pay for that during the winter where you have to have your lights on by 5pm. But get a full moon on a clear winters night and you think its daylight out there! I love going for midnight walks on those kinds of winter nigts!
Liz - enjoy your day shift and nice weather. I didn't realize the Telus strike was in AB as well until my dh told me. We have guys with their placards sitting infront of their buildings in town and in other communities there have been cables cut ect. But they say that was done by outside sources and not the union.
April - I have family in East Sooke as well as Mill Bay on the island and we moved here from Pitt Meadows. I haven't been on the Island since my gradfather died in 1989. Its nice that you can get down there and enjoy it. Keep us posted on you DIL, I'm sure she will be so relieved to hold her baby and know everything is fine and to be able to go home again!

Anyway I should go and get something done here today, so take care everyone.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #7  
CIN

BOO...alive and well
Just not in the mood to post..but did read what everyone wrote
Bye for now taters!

(P.S. Hope you know when I refer to you all as taters.it is affectionatley cause I love taters )
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #8  

I'm prograstinating(sp?). I know that I should be typing out the minutes I took last week at the planning council meeting but I hatehatehate doing that! I know, I know....get them over and done with.

Also, I must have regular brain farts. After I get the minutes into My Documents, I forget how to get them into the right folder. Roger must have shown me 6 or 7 tmes, but "pooff" I forget.

It's terribly HOT here today. I got the kitchen chores all done early and sraightened the house so now I can sit in front of the AC! Even Goldie the doggie is in the house.

Sorry I didn't make the chat. Usually, Roger and I spend our evenings together and we were watching "East of Eden" with James Dean.

I do come here every day and catch up on what everyone is doing.

CIN, I thought I 'd warn you about after surgery depression. It sometimes happens and, I think, perfectly normal. Your body has had a big shock and sometimes the mind takes a hit too. So, if you're down in the dumps and getting discouraged, you're normal!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:42 PM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, I'm home all alone. DH went back to work and the DS that lives with us is on a date (1st one with this girl). So I'm with the puppies and am enjoying listening to my music. I put together a web page with some of my cruise pictures. It's at www.mariesdogs.info/cruise/index.htm if you want to look.

I've had a good day and should get up and exercise, but I'm not in the mood. I will however do some weightlifting since I've wanted to restart doing that. I just don't want to ride the exercycle.

That's about it. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm starting to feel old. 44 just seems too old when I'm such a kid still. DH made me a lo-cal fudge cake and I have to wait till tomorrow to have any. I already got most of my presents. DH got me a dark purple leather jacket, parents gave me peridot earrings, and the money I knew I'd get from MIL was spent on hair clips in Victoria, BC - they are literally pieces of art. DSs still have presents to give to me and I haven't tried on the jacket so it will still be nice.

I will chat with you later.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:03 PM   #10  

Now that I have my two furry alarm clocks waking me up early every morning, I finally this morning remembered Cin's (??) motto: DIN and DIA. Against all odds, I went out and joined a local gym (a tiny one in a hotel a block away), so I have access to treadmill, elliptical, stairclimber, rowing machine, weight machine, and tiny hotel pool (indoor, and often full of yelling kids). I haven't been using my rebounder, which I'm not really crazy about and which squeaks way too much. My Bigboy thinks it's a pretty neat toy to play on, around, and under. (When he's not beating up poor Lily, that is.)

A few hours ago an Air France passenger jet was hit by lightning in Toronto right after landing. For a while there was no news on survivors, and fears that all aboard were gone in the fire that ensued. But someone was watching over that plane for sure: no deaths and only a few minor injuries. The plane came to a stop right near Toronto's busiest highway during rush hour. If the pilot had not done a brilliant job it could have veered onto the highway or into a terminal building. I love stories with a happy ending!

Marble, I was sorry to hear you had lost a family member.

Cin, give it time: my mother progressed very quickly after a bowel resection, and then got discouraged when her progress slowed. That was 2 years ago, and she's doing much better now. And she's 82! So don't be too impatient. Just enjoy the time off and let dh etc spoil you rotten.

Marble, my little Lily's URI is improving. She never did lose her appetite, she's getting peppier every day, and her blue eyes are looking bright again. I don't know how I managed without cats for so long! The only downside is the litter box. (My condo is not all that big...)

Marie, a cruise AND a birthday? Great fun, but a diet double whammy. Enjoy the cake and think of me: I'm off chocolate for a 21-day challenge, and am very jealous.

SueMarie, I'm betting on you getting good marks. And congrats on the new driveway!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:13 PM   #11  

Hi everyone.....we are having a nice day today & I am feeling good. DH & I went to the movies today....a matinee....we saw Charlie & the Chocolate Factory....it was good.

Yesterday was weighin day....I am down 22.2 lbs now....slow but steady.

Liz....DH & I have 2 sons who work at Telus....so they are out on strike....haven't heard much of what is going lately on though.

Cathy....I just talked to DIL about an hour ago....she will have another ultrasound on Thursday.....then they will see what happens. Right now the baby is lying sideways....if she would give birth today....she would have to have a C-Section.

Sue....it turns out that Buddly & I live in the same city.

Buddly....Sooke was nice....they have this yellow plant growing there....it's called broom....my asthma kicked in every night we were there.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:18 PM   #12  

April - did you eat Sooke trout in Sooke? I had some once in Victoria, and it was SOOO good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your DIL and the baby. (If she does have a C-section, at least the baby will have a nice un-squished head...) Are you ever in Van? I'll be working there for a few days later this month. Also Edmonton. I haven't seen Charlie and the C factory, but any movie with Johnny Depp can't be all bad...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:25 PM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

April - kewl now you have someone you can work with!

Carla - I found something called Headon that works like that roll on migraine stuff you mentioned. I haven't bought it yet... kinda iffy on it heheheh... I don't like to put stuff on my face, I don't even like using lotion lol. But I might break down and give it a try... the migraines can really get painful at times. Just thought I'd update you on that from out chat a while back

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:27 PM   #14  

Marie nice pics

HI everyone!

LIz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote