South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 12:10 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Start - Monday, August 1

For all us newbies and retreads. I am considering doing Phase I again to see if some of this fluff will start to budge. It's been a rough two months but August is looking settled.
Come and join in.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #2  
Kyemom

You go Ruth!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:49 AM   #3  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Hope August stays calm for you Ruth. I started yesterday and I am starving for carbs today. Obviously my blood sugar is not regulated yet. I'm glad I've got my food for today already planned out. Otherwise I might be tempted to cheat!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

N ittany, use lots of legumes like kidney beans, chick peas and others and the carb cravings will disappear. This is a SLOW carb, not a low carb plan. I have some chili in the crockpot right now.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Nittany, yes totally agree with Ruth, eat those beans!

I'm a huge fan of those legumes. The first few times I tried SBD I didnt eat them at all, and could never get past about Day 7 of P1.

This time, I've eaten them at both lunch and dinner and it made all the difference. I ate things like Taco Bake and Chili, and also made sure that I had a 3 bean salad in a tupperware dish in the fridge at all times. Then I would just take a serving out to have at lunch time or with my grilled salmon or whatever.

Nittany, remember not to let yourself get hungry on P1 - keep eating your snacks and veggies, but I am loving those legumes and recommend them highly!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #6  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Thanks for the advice girls. I did bring a salad from home, but I'll have to supplement from our cafeteria with some chick peas. I love them but I didn't realize I could eat them. I don't have all of the differnces with the Atkins rules worked out yet. On Atkins, chick peas were not allowed in the first phase. I'll have to study the food list that's posted here so I don't cut out foods I don't need to. Thanks Again!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #7  

hey ruth my roomie and i are revisiting it too starting aug 1 so we can do it together! i have done the sb diet before, she has not so its semi fun and motivating having each other doing it together. we cook for each other and what not and its kinda fun. my motivation: going to california on aug 31 and want to look HOT! seeing this man im semi obsessed with so that always helps too. he is freaking goregous.. wow
GO GO GO. we can do it!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #8  

I just started today (Tuesday)! I posted an intro post just a second ago. I'm glad to find other in Phase 1 w/ me!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Speaking of beans, I made the crockpot chili today and just had some for dinner over shredded spinach. I feel so virtuous!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:12 PM   #10  

I started again yesterday as well!
Old 08-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #11  
I will be-SEXY mom of 6!

I'm starting today as well. My first time. So happy to have everyones support here!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #12  

How is everyone doing? Day 3 for me...so far so good, although I feel like I ate too much yesterday. (Nothing I shouldn't have...well, except I think I lost count on my snack of pistachios, and maybe ate 35-ish I'll have to pre-count them out and put them in baggies or something.)

Ruth, thanks for the tip on eating beans...I've been throwing them in salads, etc. I think I'm going to try the baked/seasoned chick peas today.

Nittany, I've done Atkins before (and WW Cores plan) and it has been a little confusing for me at first, too...I know SB is quite different, but there are enough similarities to confuse me!

I have someone working in my kitchen this morning, I may not get to cook breakfast (I've been making a cheese omlet w/ salsa - yum!). I might need to grab a breakfast on the go, hmmm...that's tricky. Maybe breakfast will be string cheese? I'd normally drive through some place

Oh, meant to ask - is there a recipe somewhere for Three Bean Salad? I used to love that when I was a kid, but haven't eaten it in ages! I'll go check the recipes...

Last edited by socaltexan; 08-04-2005 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #13  

Okay, I actually started on Tuesday the 2nd. I am on day 3 and feeling much better. I had a headache all day yesterday and it just wouldn't go away. I see that I can use legumes in my favor and it seemed to help last night.

I am a junk food junkie! I love sodas, candy and fast food. I have a long way to go. I feel like I have accomplished something really big to have stayed on target for as long as I have! I have been checking out the recipes to get ideas for different stuff. I would say at the moment my biggest challenge is getting in the veggies. I am not a veggie eater, so I am going to have to do some experimenting.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:59 PM   #14  

djett626 - You are my eating twin. I, too love sodas (fortunately I'm ok w/ a Diet Coke - I'm liking the new DC w/ Splenda), junk, and fast food. And I'm not much of a veggie eater. I'm trying to work them in. I do like salads, so I'm trying to add more in that way. (Like cucumbers, celery, etc. not just lettuce and tomato...)

I started on Tues., too. We can do it!!
Old 08-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi to all the new people I havent had a chance to say hello to yet!

Count me back on P1 from tomorrow - I've had a disastrous 2 days and cravings are back with a vengeance. I *think* it was the oatbran I added on top of my oatmeal that set the cravings off.

I plan to do a week P1 and see if that gets me back to being craving free.

Good luck everyone - keep 0n Keeping On (KOKO!)
Closed Thread