Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 10:38 PM   #1  

Smile Question about WW. Need help

Hi, I am deciding whether or not to try WW and don't know whether Core or Flex would be right for me. I have tried just about every other diet and cant seem to stick to anything for more than a couple of days because I am always so hungry. the low carb expecially doesnt last long with me. I am wondering which plan you generally will lose the weight the fastest on? I read on anothe WW board some of the ladies had lost about 30 pounds in about 3 months. What advice do any of you have on Core vs Flex? Any info would be gretaly appriciated.
Karey
Old 07-28-2005, 12:08 PM   #2  
Melissa

Hi there Karey, and welcome to our little corner of the world.
I have done both flex and core rather casually. Some of these other ladies have had tremendous success on Core! I have had greater success on Core than on Flex, simply because of what you are saying--I can eat whenever I want/need to! It makes a big difference. I am not so consumed with counting points or measuring portions, but rather just eat when I'm hungry and not worry about it. If being hungry is a big issue for you, I would probably recommend core. But then again, I'm biased!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:01 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Karey, I vote Core! I've done Flex fairly successfully in years way past, but like you was always hungry. I made bad choices on Flex and never really learned how to eat in a healty manner. I got all caught up in the "you can eat anything you want" stuff. I know it's true if you demonstrate portion control, but honestly that portion of my brain doesn' work with goodies. I wouldn't spend points for milk or fruit and if I measured it out and weighed it...by God, I'd eat it whether I was still hungry or not.

I'm 49 and have a very slow metabolism from age and from dieting all my life. I've followed Core since the end of September and have lost 43 pounds fairly painlessly. I walk on the treadmill at 3.0 for at least 30 minutes 5-6 days a week because I really have a sedentary life (early retirement) and because my metabolism is so slow. I drink my water very religiously, which I think is more important on Core than even on Flex.

I hope you give Core a try. We have some great recipes here. I'd say give it a month and try not to switch around within a week for from week to week. I think people need to give Core a good month for a fair evaluation.

Good Luck! If you decided to try it you can always hang out with us here. We are a great bunch of ladies who really motivate and help each other. No sniping or nastiness here!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:24 PM   #4  
banned

i am on core the protein and fiber combo really makes a diff
Old 07-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #5  

Hi, I love Core! I have also done flex points and core. I lost to goal on points before, but I agree with Vickie, I didn't learn to eat healthy. I started ww this time because my triglycerides were outrageously high, my doctor thinks the core plan is fabulous. Low fat, low simple sugars, high in fruits, veggies (fiber). I am losing on avg about 2 lbs a week. Some weeks I have not lost, but then the next I will have a good loss. My husband has lost 15 lbs, just eating what I eat. It doesn't really seem like a diet. Weight watchers is not a "quick fix", it helps you change your lifestyle and in my opinion the core plan does this best.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #6  

Karey,

This is my second week of weight watchers. I do it at home. I did Core the first week Wednesday July 20th - Wed. July 27th and had a 4.5 pound weightloss at my first weigh in. I started Core on July 27th and weighed this morning and I've lost another 3 pounds. I went from 203-198.5 in a week, and here 2 days later I'm at 195.5.

I love Core. I'm not hungry at all these last 2 days and I don't have to worry about counting the points or forgetting to put something down. I would say try one and then try the other to see which you like. It is a great program. Good Luck

Terry
Closed Thread