Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday Chat, July 25th

Good Morning

Well how was everyone's weekend ?

Here we are, another Moanday

Whats shakin today?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:15 AM   #2  
Walking by faith

Default Hi Leenie!

I must have started my thread as you were hitting the "post" button!

It really is MONDAY
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Honestly - I'm really tired and have lots to do.

I hope everyone has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

I've got too much going on simultaneously too....wish I had help!

I did manage to stay focused over the weekend....I wanted several times to RUN to a fast-food rest. and scarf down something fatty(as I was too pooped out from cleaning and movign furniture)....but I restrained myself by going to a real grocery store, buying a piece of fish and eating fresh veggies from my mom's garden. My *indulgence* was a small baked potato with dinner, topped with Molly-McButter and 1/2 wedge of laughing cow lite....and Sunday night I had a very small portion of REAL ice-cream and 2 glasses of wine.

I'm determined to see progress this month!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:32 AM   #5  
CIN

Good Morning Y'All!
It is supposed to be very hot here in Ky. today !
I walked all the way around the block ( which isnt too far) but I made it!

I have paid a few hospital bills$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Man O Man.....the deductable is enough to wipe out our check book! Glad they have not all come in at once!

Marbles.good for you! I am proud you are so determined.that is what it takes. Wanting change more than wanting junk food! You can do it!

To be perfectly honest......I started eating my healthy way again today...thruout this recovery time I have eaten any and everything.especially since so many people from our church brought meals. I have not gained any weight from eating this way but KNOW it is not healthy and I have artery problems so I simply MUST get right back to what I have done for years the majority of the time! So you see..............anyone can BACKSLIDE! But the party is over!

See you all later!
Hope this is the beginning of a great week for all of you!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:15 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning all!
Congrats to everyones weight losses! And congrats with sticking to your programs. I really do need to get my butt in gear, I have been trying to watch my portions and change my thinking, babysteps.
I can not believe we are nearing the end of July all ready, Wow what has happened to summer? Thankfully we have some sun today and they are forecasting sun for the next couple of days, I'll have to get out and enjoy it while its here.
Weekend was rather quiet for us, I did manage to clean my stove finally and pulled out the fridge and stove and cleaned behind them as well. I don't think I've ever left it as long before, but my goodness there were dust colonies back there, scary!!! Today I get to finish washing the floor. (another job I've been putting off)
Oh well best get to it, take care all and have a wonderful day.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #7  

Thanks for the encouragement and pats on the back, it really does help me feel more positive.

I read something great on another thread where the poster said, if she exercised just one hour out of 24, she got to feel a great sense of accomplishment for the other 23 hours of the day. so I'm almost 1/2 way to that point......I think I need the drill master from Celebrity Fit Club to come to my house and yell me into shape...

cathy, I work out cardio on the mini-tramp because I can go faster, get my HR up to the high 130s, there is less stress on my knees and I can go longer...hopefully to burn more fat....

another small victory.....this is the first 8 days I have gone without sleeping meds and been getting good natural sleep! my anxiety level is greatly reduced and my head feels more organized.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:44 PM   #8  
CIN

Cathy
Get some rest after work tonight!
I am the queen of rest!

Later tater
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Happy Monday All...

I was able to get out of the house today..it was only to Walmart though. The heat index in our part of Indiana was 107 today!!! I took some stuff we had bought but ended up not needing to the return desk and used the money towards buying a scale. I figure that it was a good investment if it ends up keeping me accounable and/or motivated. I also bought some salad greens and some various fruits and veggies. I drooled at the cheesecake and icecream but managed to resist the tempation..especially when my 6 yr old reminded me that I was on a diet and needed to leave that aisle, LOL. (WHY it was right by the bread isle..who knows??)

I started to get light headed as I was leaving..so I headed off the munchy monster and bought some bananas and some peaches to snack on while driving home. I ate 4 pieces of fruit..but I figure that it is better than a hamburger and fries supersized, ya know? Besides..it is HOT here..a lil fruit will help keep me hydrated.

Later Gals,
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:05 AM   #10  

I'm a mother! of two cats, that is. My sweet little blue-eyed snowshoe mix girl, and a 2 year old giant blue (dark grey) tom (fixed). I was going to call the boy Zen because he seemed so calm and together, but of course that was before he managed to chew his way out of the cardboard carrier while I was driving a stick shift with the windows open. Actually, that should count as a whole bunch of exercise... They settled in immediately, although the big guy wishes he didn't have such cute competition. I was supposed to keep them apart and introduce them gradually, but they made it clear that was not an option. Somehow they took up the whole day, so I didn't accomplish anything else.

I had a bit of a surprise while at the Humane Society: I ran into my younger stepson and his girlfriend, who I haven't seen since my ex took a powder. And it didn't upset me at all, no doubt because they were both so sweet and glad to see me. So it looks like my little grey cloud has pretty much gone for now. And I was glad to see K who has turned into a terrific young man.

It's hot again here, and still humid. Maybe I should get up earlier to benefit from the cooler mornings... Time for sleep.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:08 PM   #11  

Congrats....*Mom*! I have 2 Maine Coones, both male, "Slim" is 22 lbs. and Wylie Coyote is 16 lbs......Wylie is much smarter and chews holes in my sheets, Slim picks the wallpaper off the wall in the bathroom...and is president of the clean plate club.