Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2005, 05:18 PM   #1  
No more tears!

Unhappy I'm so sad

ok i just measure my waist and it went up 4 inches from 49' to 51' inches and i being eating my calories and doing exercise 3 time a day. is the normal? i lost 5lbs in my first week and im being dieting for 1 1/2 month. i feel like poo now.
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:08 PM   #2  

How very discouraging!! I can imagine how frustrated you must feel right now.

While many people feel that measuring works well for them, one of the problems with measurements is that if you squeeze you can knock off an inch and get an inaccurate measurement, also if you don't measure in the EXACT same spot (particularly an issue with hips) you won't get an accurate measurement. I've had it happen that I lose pounds and see an extra inch but at the same time my clothing size is shrinking. So, you may not be measuring right, particularly if you haven't gained anything. Also keep in mind a bloated day will throw your measurements off as well. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Instead look at other indicators of success: how are your clothes fitting these days? How is your health? How is your fitness level? You may have just hit an early plateau. Are you logging your calories accurately? Review your food diary for any inaccuracies or for any splurges.

That being said, if you are doing it all and are not losing you may want to discuss your situation with your doctor or enlist the help of a dietitian.

5lbs may not seem like much of a loss but it's a loss, so you are on the right track. Don't let the numbers get you too discouraged and do seek out professional help if you feel like you need it!

Good luck! Don't give up! Every pound counts!
BellaLumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

49 to 51 is only 2 inches . I know that is still upsetting since it's a gain instead of a loss, but at least it's only 2. That could really be explained away just by not having the measuring tape in the same place both times, too. Hang in there. You've got a lot to work against in your diet, so 5 pounds is very good and something to be proud of.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:33 PM   #4  

Oh, BBW, please don't feel like poo! You've lost 18 months if I've subtracted correctly and that is a lot to be proud of!

It's very important to keep your spirits up. So make a list of all the good things you do for yourself every day and also make a list of all the blessings you have.

Keep on trying one day at a time!

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:30 PM   #5  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

You have just begun dont give up.. Lets get that word diet out of your vocabulary.
Maybe a life style change so you get in the habit of making changes to help better your life and live a longer and more healthy life.
Diets come and go. But changing your life is never changing and is always a good thing. Remember you are making changes and your body will adjust and start to catch up but give it time and continue with making the right choices and trying to get more movement in your daily activities. I know your wheel chair bound so right now you are doing the best you can.
Keep working on it keep making changes and dropping things from your eating habits and dont give in. Make sure your telling yourself these things as well because you are always your first line of defense when it comes to giving in. Make yourself understand why you are changing your life and why you need to make the choices you need to make.
Keep going we all had to start out like this and we all understand what your going thru. It will be okay hang in there.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:03 PM   #6  
No more tears!

ty all! my clothes fit loose. i can get in clothes that i couldnt 2 months ago and maybe yall right maybe i misread my measurements. the doctor said i cant up my calories so i gotta stay at 1200 or a lil less because i cant move like everybody else. he said just make sure i eat 3 times a day so ill try that. ty all!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:15 AM   #7  
Haley

You're getting in clothes you couldn't get in 2 months ago? That is AWESOME! Even if you did have a gain of 2 inches, so what? You've lost a lot of weight and you're so committed to doing it, you're just going to keep going. Chances are, like others said, that you didn't measure in the same spot, so perhaps you've lost more inches than you think! Congrats on your huge accomplishments, keep it up!!!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:15 AM   #8  
No more tears!

ty all
Old 07-26-2005, 01:30 AM   #9  

Put that tape measure away my dear...your clothes are telling the real story. Your doing great. Cindi
Flower Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:49 AM   #10  
No more tears!

ty cindi gurly
Old 07-26-2005, 10:11 AM   #11  

If you want to measure accurately always make the tape meet at your belly button. And when you want to measure your hips poke your thumb in your waistline and extend your fingers as wide and open as you can get them then measure from your pinky. That way you will always measure in the same place. I would love to be in your shoes and have lost 20 lbs. WAY TOO GO ! KOKO

Last edited by hgmg9889; 07-26-2005 at 10:13 AM.
hgmg9889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #12  
No more tears!

ty hqmq, its being hard......lol
Old 07-26-2005, 04:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Was it your TOM? if so that could explain the gain. My waist measurment would go up anwhere between 2 and 6 inches during that time. Somehow my measurement week managed to hit during that time so I had to readjust when I measured so I wouldn't be measuring during that then.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:30 AM   #14  
No more tears!

ok ill let my clothes tell me ty you 2. I think my TOM was going off or went off a day or two b4.