South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default Previous success playing with my mind...

I have just been so off kilter lately I don't know what is up. Yesterday, I had three choc chip cookies and a can of pop and some peanut butter crackery things that have who knows how many crappy carbs in them. Previous days it has been equally as poor or poorer choices. I think my success is getting to me. I have lost 25 lbs and for awhile there it seemed like even though I had these off days here adn there, I was still losing a pound a week. I think it went to my head.

Thankfully, I have not gained any weight back. Today, I have gotten back on Ph 1. Tonight I wanted chocolate, so I have a piece of gum in my mouth. DH is supposed to buy SF fudgesicles for me on the way home from his meeting tonight.

I feel like I am in labor--push through the pain.

Anyway, my goal was to be down 30 lbs total by July 28 and I have just been sitting around, screwing around with this. What is up with that? So, here I am now hoping I can lose 5 lbs in 10 days back straightened up.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:42 PM   #2  

Red face

I know how you feel about that mindset. I was there last week! I had been so good on P1 for a week that I decided some extra bean dip and nuts wouldn't kill me. Of course it didn't, but the next day I just decided I would toss all rationale out the window and feast on every bad carb in the house. I knew if I gained I could lose it back, but it just put me in a vicious binge-punish cycle for three days that repeated itself and only left me feeling miserable.
I'm happy to say I'm doing much better. I'm on day 6 of a restarted P1 and I've ditched the cravings. It's nice to feel good about myself and know I'm doing the right things for my body to care for it.

Push through the pain, indeed- "forbidden foods" (be it chocolate or crackers) don't make good epidurals!
Old 07-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Disneymom, sometimes we just get tired of restricting ourselves and we forget how bad that stuff makes us feel when we eat it. Try to remember that as you 'push through the pain' (great analogy! ) and set a new special goal and prize for yourself. Originally I had three mini goals. I met the first two easily, but the last one, goal weight, is taking longer than the first two combined! So I set a goal for 100 pounds lost, then I set another goal for ONEderland...with the prize being a trip to Disneyland with my best friend in October. It's helping me stay on track.

Good luck, hon...once you get the crap out of your system, you'll feel much better, I bet!
Old 07-20-2005, 04:36 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Disneymom, when you're feeling that low, why don't you try going on Phase III for a few days. You'll still be eating well, but you can allow yourself a few more "treats" without completely screwing up.
Big hugs, sweetie...
Old 07-20-2005, 09:25 PM   #5  
RNMOM

Default You are sooooo NORMAL!

Maybe you aren't normal, but you sound so much like me! Are you sure we aren't related?????

Ya, I do that too. I don't know why I start with that mindset, I don't know why I start or what gets me going I just know how hard it is for me to get back on track.

#1 Rule: DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP!!!!

You are OK and you CAN do this, you already come so far. Breath deeply! Breath again.................................there, now give yourself a hug

You will win!
Old 07-21-2005, 08:35 AM   #6  

DisneyMom, U R Not weird... I've done the same thing in the past.. In my case I would be feeling "thin" after loosing 10-20 pounds, and think I could use food as a reward for being good..I'm learning to a new reward system... because, my 1 Food reward would lead to another and another until I was totally off plan.. and the weight would of course come back... Perhaps just being aware that you sabotage your good efforts like that, you can come up with non food rewards for yourself too?
Old 07-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I do it all the time. When I hit 155 something clicks and my brain or body thinks that I'm done or something even though I'm far from done. Slowly eat a little of this and that because I've been so good and then it's a little more often, may skip an exercise session then wake up and realize that it's been a month since I've done anything physical.

You'll succeed, just keep on trying. It's an uphill struggle and you have all of us for support.
Sarah
Old 07-22-2005, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'm losing again, back down to 156...I've been here many times. This time I want to make it down past 155 and not re-gain it.

I've been tracking my eating on fitday the last week, and I've noticed several things, after I realize I'm losing weight I tend to eat a bigger breakfast of cereal. Then I get hungry earlier, then I'm thinking about food all day, then I get home and munch. I think that I need to skip the everyday cereal, add more protein and see where that gets me.

I was invited to a BBQ this weekend and the host asked me to bring chips and dip, I emailed back "No, that's not good for me. What about a nice veggie tray with low fat dip?" I haven't heard back yet hopefully she'll go for it.

Sarah
Old 07-22-2005, 04:23 PM   #9  

Thanks for the encouragement. I am still not doing real well. I have a totally OP day, followed by a totally OFF prog day. I know that right now my thyroid is messed up and I am trying trying to hold out until we have health ins (which we really hope will be Aug 1) to get the blood test I need. In the meantime, I have decided to give myself a break and just try to stay balanced in my choices and not totally go back to bad habits.

This board is great! Thanks everyone. Hoping that soon I can be strong and help out others.
Closed Thread