South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 06:12 AM   #1  
K@t
Babywaby

Default Friday - July 15, 2005

Nahh nahh, I'm here first! Hope every one is doing ok this morning, it's almost lunch time here and I have a HUGE headache The customers are pouring in and they hate waiting in line I feel like telling them all to f#$k off. Ohh well, thats what they get for waiting until the last day. Busy busy, I think we will make our biggest day today, over 20,000€ in movement. Our previous record was 17,000€ but I think we will break that.

I have a feeling I'm going to head up to the boardwalk tonight. We have dinner plans with some friends to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe in Lisbon. Since they serve yummy american food like burgers and fries and chicken fried steak I think I'm goign to indulge. Maybe a margarita as well. Then I'll just have to exercise extra hard tomorrow and we won't tell my scale what I did Hopefully she won't notice and all will be well by Sunday (weigh in day)

Well hope every one has a great day on the beach! Be back later, after I strangle a few customers

Thought of the Day: Men, chocolate, and coffee are all better rich.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:01 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! The wolves were howling in the woods again last night and my Girls joined in along with all the other dogs in the Village. It's so strange to hear them all woo-wooing at once. It sounds like Russia in the middle of winter and I'm in a sleigh with Omar Sharif! "Lara, my love....."

Busy day ahead of me. My friend Sue from Rochester will be here before eight for coffee and a chat. After that I'll take Lucy in to town to visit Harry. Then I need to figure out what to pack for the weekend after I unpack my small suitcase that still has a costume in it from last fall's "last of the Red Hot Lovers"! Duh! I completely forgot about it after the show! Sometimes I wonder if I'm going senile.

K@t, where do you work in Almada and what do you do? I can't imagine eating American food in Lisboa but I guess I'd want it if I was there all the time.

Sorry to dash in and out but I have tons to do this morning! Have a super TGIF!
Old 07-15-2005, 07:26 AM   #3  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Hey K@t.......... And strangle away. Just rmbr, you can't cure stupid.
Hey Ruth, I will trade you! You can sit in a slow office all day.
And I work with a nut (she is just a trip) so you will have fun. I can't wait till business picks up.

Me: Work today. I hope to make to have the battery in my watch changed.
And, might go out with the fella tonight. Who knows.....

PLUS!!!! I lost 2 more lbs!

How's everyones day on the beach????

Last edited by wenchybritches; 07-15-2005 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:43 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

grrrrr I just had a great big long post that I lost.
Anyway hope you all have a great day.
Wenchy- have fun on the date
soon- do you scrapbook online and if so do you know any good sites?
Ruth- have fun with your gardening friends and hope you have a good visit with Harry.
kiko- glad to hear the baby is gaining and that you have a fun day with your dd.
Ellis- have a great day.

Well have to dash. Try to get back in later again today. I have to work all week end so not sure how much I will be in. Take care chicks
Old 07-15-2005, 07:48 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Yay, Wenchy!! Two more pounds!!

Ruth, "Russia in winter..."
Enjoy your visit with Sue! And Harry.

Kat, I hope that headache goes soon.

It's a little cooler here. It only went up to 94F yesterday. Practically sweater weather. Almost had to turn the furnace on.

Just taking DD to summer school... back later...
Old 07-15-2005, 07:48 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick... missed your post... big hugs!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:04 AM   #7  

It's FABU FRIDAY!!!!
EGADS: It's already 76, humid and close... had the furchildruns out for their walk... and now I am out for my walk to commune with nature as soccermoms in their bloody minivans wiz passed ..One these days I fear I will loose an arm...oh well add to the nickname list..just call me lefty

K@T.. Burgers and Frenchfries and steak OH MY! Try to be good..or at least half good and feel better baby chick!

Ruth: have a lovely visit with Sue and Harry too... Lara's Theme, one of my favorites!

Wenchy: Sending you good flirty vibes.. Hope your date tonight is the start of something wunnerful for you! And way to go on loosing 2 pounds, ya won't miss em

LC: Have a greaaaaaaaaaaat DAY!!

Ellis: Good Morning Love! I hope the weather breaks for you up north..I know how I get.. ONE BIG GIANT SLUG on a couch.Bleah.

And to all you GROOVY chicks out there!!!!!!...HAVE A FAR OUT DAY........

peace out
Old 07-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #8  
Gryffindor Pride

K@t, as an employee in the Network and Information Tech services field, I completely feel for you in dealing with stupid people. We call them "I D 10 T errors." (Idiot errors, ) So when they are standing there with coffee spilled into their laptops wondering why it won't turn on, saying "I've only dropped it a few times.." we can say "Looks like an I-D 10-T error," to whoever is working with us and we feel better.

For me, I woke up today with THE WORST cramp behind my knee. I thought I was going to pass out. I yelled at my poor BF to get me ice "RIGHT NOW" but I think he realized I was in pain because he jumped up. I apologized so much after my leg had returned to the "Not in agony" state.

Also! Harry Potter release tonight. I'm heading out to a bookstore with a bunch of friends from school to wait for the book. Should be fun, if I can avoid all the free snacks geared towards little kids!

Have a lovely (and cramp free) morning girls,
Gryff
Old 07-15-2005, 08:10 AM   #9  

Gryffie... SIGH! Where have you been little chick?! ...and

"Accio" Book!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:13 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Chiicks

I can't believe I'm up this early .Gee!! I really believe I going to start losing weight again,now that I added the caloriers back. My nights are not for snacking anymore,as I don't feel Hungry anymore.

K@T=thanks for starting the thread,and don't stress over those customers,reflect on being with you friends this evening and the fun time you'll have.

Ruth-It could be their mating season. We have cayotes howling in our woods,but we don't here them as we have the windows closed with the A/C on.

Wenchy=Big congrat on your 2 lbs off.

Little chick- Sorry you lost your post have a great day at work

Ellis=Your funny,94 to me is this hot

Schatzi & Gryffie=posted at the same time,

Schatzi,I know what you mean some moms don't know how to handle or drive a big SUV.

Gryffie- Sending some healing vibes: for your knee.

Have a nice day and Hello to all that follow this post.

Last edited by beach bum; 07-15-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:14 AM   #11  
K@t
Babywaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
K@t, where do you work in Almada and what do you do? I can't imagine eating American food in Lisboa but I guess I'd want it if I was there all the time.
Ruth, my father in law is the owner of a family business that has 5 branches, I manage one of the branches near the beach. Imagine wanting to each Chinese or Italian there in the US. That's how I feel about american. There are hardly any restraunts that serve typical american stuff like chicken fried steak and stuff like that (I mean apart from the fast food stuff we have burger king and mc donalds and kfc and all that) I miss grilled veggies and u know mashed potatoes and stuff. They make it here but its diffrent (they put white pepper in mashed potatoes..ick) This is the first time I'll eat dinner in the Hard Rock Cafe here but I walked by there last week and saw the menu posted outside, so I talked hubby into goign to night with some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchybritches
Hey K@t.......... And strangle away. Just rmbr, you can't cure stupid
God your soooooooooooooooooooo right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryffgirl
K@t, as an employee in the Network and Information Tech services field, I completely feel for you in dealing with stupid people. We call them "I D 10 T errors." (Idiot errors, ) So when they are standing there with coffee spilled into their laptops wondering why it won't turn on, saying "I've only dropped it a few times.." we can say "Looks like an I-D 10-T error," to whoever is working with us and we feel better.
That is a great idea!!! I usually vent to hubby but he gets tired of hearing it. I just gotta let it go and stop being so bothered by it. Sometimes our lottery maching goes down and people think it was us and start calling us stupid and things like that. Most of them think just because I'm at the counter I must be some high school drop out and treat me like such. They don't know have a BS in business....but who cares...I make more money then them any way

Thanks for the concern about my headache. I seem to get them all the time, and sometimes I take up to like 6 500 miligram tylonals per day. I have seen doctors, had cat scans, been through diffrent diets, taken diffrent vitimins. They just never really seem to go away. My hubby says its stress....he says I worry to much and stress out and cause myself pain. He's probably right, but I have a hard time relaxing sometimes. Its work, or its home, or its always somethign. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talkin about. Ohh well, one of these days I'm going to retire to a secluded island and be a beach bum.

Last edited by K@t; 07-15-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:16 AM   #12  

T.

G.

I.

F.

I swear, if I wake up before 2 p.m. tomorrow it'll be too soon. I have to get used to getting up early I suppose, since I'll have 8:00 class a couple days a week once I'm back at school.

But annnyway, woke up to limbs of rubber. That's what it feels like! My body is in complete shock from the weight training...doesn't know what to do! I'll continue on Saturday though and hopefully it'll be more of a GOOD feeling after the next few times.

Today is going to be tough PH1-wise, we have very little appropriate food in the house. We have a giant shopping list that's been sitting ont he counter, but no one has yet decided to use it. I'll have to improvise today (lots of eggs, that's about all we have), but it'll make me appreciate the yummy turkey and broccoli and green beans we're getting all the more.

Have a fantastic day, chickies, and I'm sure I'll check in later!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:20 AM   #13  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning! Another humid sticky day here. I took the dog to the vet again yesterday and she's A-OK!! Got her shots a little early so I won't have to go back again in two weeks! She's 5 1/2 and must be mellowing out in her old age because she didn't even try to bite the doctors once, no growls, ugly teeth or anything....but it was open season on all the other dogs there! I'm always telling her, "Share the world, Lila". She thinks she owns everything and no other dogs are allowed to exist.

I'm officially not mad at my bf and anymore ( lucky him ) and am getting excited....in a few weeks I'll be going to CA to visit him and some of my family out there! It sucks having a long distance thing, but it's all in the name of higher education.

I've been good and OP but am not weighing until Monday when hopefully most of my TOM water weight will be gone. At least I'm not PMSing anymore...that's the worst part of it. I've been eating those mock french toast and adding summer squash or zucchinni for past 3 or 4 days ever since regular eggs almost made me puke. Do you gals think that's too much and I should go back to...gulp... just eggs and veggies again? I don't want to be sabotaging myself but just can't stomach the thought of an omlete or scrambled eggs right now.

K@t: i used to work retail and know the headache that people can give ya. hang in there!

Ruth: Lucky you to get to live where wolves roam!! I'm jealous! "Red Hot Lovers" eh?? You go girl!! :LOL:

Wenchy: Good Luck on the date! knock 'em dead then give details, girl!!

Littlechick: Yep, I had a nice long post that disappeared yesterday, I feel ya! Have a great day!

Ellis: Try to stay warm in your 94 degree weather. A big cozy blanket and some hot tea and hot soup 'otta warm ya up!! hehe!!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:25 AM   #14  
RNMOM

Default Morning!

Hey! Wow, so many posts already! You guys are busy this morning!

Sitting here in the ER waiting for the sick and afflicted.

Ate tons of vegetables yesterday and was a good girl and drank my water. Do you ever notice how good your skin looks when you drink lots of water?
In this weather we all better be drinking tons.

Ya'll have a great Friday!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:25 AM   #15  

I dont think it is possible for me to be any more tired then I already am.....I literally got 3 hours of sleep last night..and I dont know why..... but I got up and worked out anyways and now I am sitting here at work..trying not to drop my head on the desk and pass out.

Anyways....good morning....TGIF huh!! tomorrow i am sleeping in till noon! then off to camp ....

lots of love and hope your day goes by fast...!!
Closed Thread