Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:08 PM   #1  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

Question Need input - anybody done this???

Has anybody out there done SB or Atkins etc for a short period eg: 2 wks or so.

I am going on holidays on Aug 4 and would really like to get a few more pounds off by then, of course I am starting to hit a point where it is coming off more slowly (not a bad thing overall)

I am a strong believer of WW and the whole lifestyle change but just wondered if anyone had any suggestions to speed up the loss just a bit for the next couple of weeks

Open to advice
Cindy
Old 07-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #2  
banned

try the core....
Old 07-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

SBD Phase II is very much like W/W Core.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:35 PM   #4  
banned

yup thats why i said core esp cuz many ppl in my group on flex use core as a plateau breaker
Old 07-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

However you still have to be mindful of the program and listen to your body. For me it just made me gain (4 weeks worth) because I truly did not feel satisified on it.

What I do is eat 90-95% of my points with Core foods and count points/portions and feel more satisified and rarely hit plateaus. If I do then it is usually a fault of mine because I am omitting one of the 8 Great Healthy Guidelines.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:56 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'm doing a combo of South Beach diet and WW just because I would like to do the lower carb but I don't care for the Core program.

I did this for a month or two last year (way before the new WW programs came out) and found it did give me a kickstart especially when I hit a plateau. It may not be everyone's cup of tea as it is a bit of work.

What I did was read the SBD book and make up menus following the plan but counted out the points for each meal. I did Phase I and 2 but never made it to 3. I am giving it another go now as my DH said he will do it faithfully too so I think I will be able to stick to it better.

Here is the link to the menus I made for SBD Phase I/WW in case you want to see what they look like:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39284

I've been using the recipes from the SBD main book, SBD cook book and the latest WW cookbooks that offer Core recipes.

Basically I'm cutting out all bread, potato, rice, pasta for 2 weeks plus fruit and whatever veggies aren't allowed on SBD (corn, carrots, peas etc..) On Phase 2 you get to slowly reintroduce fruit and "good carbs" back into your diet.

I like the combo of WW and SBD that's why I am going to do both again.
I found that WW helps me with portion control, accountability and all their info is awesome - SBD helps me kick my carb cravings and helped get rid of my chip addiction, I don't even like chips at all now
Closed Thread