South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - July 9th and 10th

Quick post because storms are going through and I keep losing power every few minutes. I'm going into a trance over all the digital clocks flashing zeros!

Had a ball at the birthday party last night and went totally off programme! I even ate chips. I intend to ignore the scale until Monday but be very careful over the weekend.

What's happening with you chickies? We can't sit on the deck this morning because it's pouring rain. Let's sit on the wicker furniture on the front porch and visit a bit over coffee.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:45 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

My condolences re the party, Ruth.
I think it rained here all night. Seems to be over now. Just have to get a coffee...
Old 07-09-2005, 08:04 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Hey, it stopped here too, Ellis. Join me on the deck - I remembered to bring in the cushions overnight so they wouldn't get soaked. Let's sing and hoot and holler to get these Beach Chicks awake! The Girls will bark for us too!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:11 AM   #4  

Glamourgirl, I'm glad you're starting to feel better! Great advice from Laurie. (Laurie, you old smoothie, you)

Hey, fat and bloated Amy! Join the club, darling.
That's great that you're getting a trainer! And good for you for detoxing before you start working out. VERY smart.

Kiko, you are so full of energy! How your little love doing... is the weight going up?

GoFishin, you're MAINTAINING!! I didn't even notice! Geez, you skinny little thing, you!! Good for you, girl!! geez, SCREW the treadmill!

Soon2b, how are things with you, sweetie. Are you hanging in there? How's the wicked sister?

Kyemom, congratulations for staying OP with the dessert!!

Phinsup, it wouldn't hurt to go back on Phase I for a week. It might really get you back on track.
Dinner? I'd take a cold chicken salad and some veggies with me. If you keep some chicken/eggs/etc on hand, it's fast to whip up something, even though the last thing you want to think about is dinner.

Schatzi, how are things going for DH? Sending you good job and house vibes. Ah... professional packing. Feels good, eh? I remember the old days of moving when were "young". When friends were helping, and you weren't QUITE finished packing. (read: didn't get enough boxes) Throwing things into the middle of sheets and bundling them up and throwing them in the back of someone's car...

Pearshape, I love your avatar!

Fl_Mom, did Nathan have a good birthday? Did you manage to stay OP?

Jeanette, congratulations on the jeans, girl!

Sil, how are things with you, sweetie? What fabulous renovations are you doing now?

Bamie, enjoy your kid-free week!

Here comes DS. I can hear his little legs pounding across the attic floor rushing to the washroom.
I think I've got some energy back! Still not feeling good, but at least I'm getting some stuff done around the house. The laundry pile was almost as tall as me.
We've got a darned wedding to go to today. That means finding something to wear. All the slim girls will be there with their little summer frocks on, and I'll be wearing a long, lined skirt with some big old top to cover my butt and stomach. How did I get this fat!?!? aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:14 AM   #5  

You remembered to take in the cushions, eh? Well, I wish you'd brought my laundry in while you were at it!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:19 AM   #6  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Good Morning!

Ellis - We had a great time however, I did not stay OP NonOP I had a few tortilla chips & a reg dr. pepper. Maybe TMI but I got sick right after we left the restaurant. I think it was the dr pepper that did it, so much sugar in one sitting had to have been hard on my body. I hate taking the met but it seems to be doing it's job perfectly. I weighed myself this morning, still the same

Ruth - no standing in the rain in your undies today?

I finally put my site back up so there is a link to it with the sig tag below. It needs some updating but then again, it always does.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #7  

Angela, your website is great! The PCOS page is very good.
Your family is beautiful, and you are so cute! Thanks for sharing, hon.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #8  

Ruth, you've taken all the fun out of my weather reports.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

I just realized it's an external link and not allowed so I removed it. Now I'm having another coffee and a read in the tub. Too bad it's too wet to garden - NOT!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:41 AM   #10  

(Shatzi Sings )Oooooh It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day ifor a neighbor.. would you be mine? Could You be minnnnnnne!
TOP OF THE MORN TO ALL YOU BODACIOUS BEACHIN BROADS!

Ruth So glad you had a blast at the Bday shindig…. Ah we can only hope that the scale gods were not paying attention to your indiscretions.

Flmom: Hope you are adjusting to those meds... Sometimes if you jump up and down 3 times on the scale, then hop off and on again, you will see a loss... Always good to keep the scale god confused I say!

Ellis: So glad each day you feel a bit better...Oh PAH on those summer frocked frumps... you will look LOVERLY!

Me: It’s a cool breezy morn here … all the windows are open and I am having my coffee …Last night the lightening bugs were out in full force, it was like a beautiful light show .. I just sat out on the porch with a big smile watching them blink and wink..!
Ellis: Yesterday was a roller coaster ride. 2 out of the 3 houses DH was going to NC to look at cancelled..DH was in Maryland .. We cancelled the last house out and his hotel—and he turned around.. then I was able to get hold of a man that one of the cancellers gave me a lead on..He has 2 houses that seem to fit our needs and was willing to show them to DH this weekend… so I call to get him rebooked on the 1 house and reschedule his hotel. Poor man, had him going in circles on I95! Ruth... Never did start packing yesterday…Today I will start…after I take my 2 “Dingos” for their walk..

Where is everyone ... ??
Hey EVERYBODY UP! DAYLIGHTS A BURNIN'!!!

Last edited by Schatzi; 07-09-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:43 AM   #11  

Oh how sad 4 me.. Flmom, I can't seem to get to your family album, I keep getting sent to the weight tracker..
Old 07-09-2005, 08:53 AM   #12  

Schatzi, darling, click on the lovely little boys...
Old 07-09-2005, 08:55 AM   #13  

Schatzi, your poor DH! How far is the drive?

It's just not right that everyone is sleeping in like this...
Old 07-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

WAKE UP, YOU SLACKERS!

That should do it!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #15  

Thanx Ellis...it's my bloody computer.. DH has so many security thingies and firewall this and that and blocks on that we're safer than fort Knox.. (for example, I know that the little Smilies actually are Animated.. but on my puter they are static..Something about DH blocking Active X or something..I should be thankful that he takes such privacy protections..but quite frankly IMHO I think he is ANAL! ) Bummer.. but Flmom, I just KNOW they are both "Cuter than the Capital Q"!
Poor DH was about 150 miles into the trek... with about hmm maybe 400 to go... and it was Torrential downpour , the poor dear!
And I agree! RISE AND SHINE little chicadees!
Closed Thread