Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #1  
Alis Volat Propriis

Default God, I feel awful

Soooo bloated and ugh-y. My weigh-in is tomorrow. I sense a disaster. Yes. I'm whining again. I'm sorry. What the heck happened to that wonderful ight feeling I had last week, my first week on program? My stomach actually hurts. It's not menstrual or anything. I just feel like I ate a huge, huge meal, and I didn't. I've felt like this all week. Can't wait to get the weigh-in over with.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #2  
banned

youve got company....sigh....

ive got my 2nd official wi tomm also and i sense total disater like the kind that will blow the ww weighers minds. i can lose fast but i also gain phenomenally fast as well. im guessing a 10 lb gain yes i said 10. its so depressing. im a binge eater who is searching for a way to make core a bit more liveable for me.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:04 AM   #3  
Alis Volat Propriis

Oh, Andrea.... I'll pull for you and you for me, OK! Gaining 10 pounds in a week would be pretty hard. I do so hope it's not that bad. If you have an acknowledged problem with binge eating, maybe core isn't for you -- too easy to overdo it, even on "acceptable" foods. If this was a bad week for you, maybe you should consider flex. Whatever the outcome for both of us, let's check back in tomorrow and account to each other. Also, we can't let a bad week throw us off track. Promise?! I do! Good luck tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:31 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

It is relatively impossible to gain an extreme amount of fat in 1 week. It takes 3500 calories above your needed caloric intake to gain 1 pound of fat. Usually we tend to have large water retention gains.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:11 AM   #5  
Alis Volat Propriis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_S
It is relatively impossible to gain an extreme amount of fat in 1 week. It takes 3500 calories above your needed caloric intake to gain 1 pound of fat. Usually we tend to have large water retention gains.
My fear was that I ate way too much sodium and processed foods this past week. But I must have stayed on track because, as it turns out, I lost 1.6 pounds. I am amazed! God was good, even though I wasn't! LOL
Old 07-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Did I not tell you yesterday that my weeks where I felt the worst were ones I did the best on. See......
Old 07-09-2005, 03:08 PM   #7  
banned

thanks guys..esp. quite. that was very very sweet, ty! 1.6? that rocks!!!! well, unfortunately, as suspected i gained 7 3/4 the last time i saw anything l;ike that was when i vowed to do ww after a binge and my results were 16 lbs lost in 4 weeks so like someone said im hoping lots was just water. i actually was doin really really well until last weeks wi showed killing myself w no result and somehow it got away from me so i think i will continue to see how i can make core work for me. thanks for all the help! congrats!!
Old 07-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #8  
Alis Volat Propriis

So sorry for the gain, Andrea. But what's important is that you went, even though you knew you were going to gain. Truth is, when we gain we gain, whether we go to a meeting and actually see it on the scale or not... it's still there. The problem is when people get so afraid of actually seeing it on the scale that they don't go, then one week slips into to two and then into three and so on. So you were a success today because you went to your meeting, took ownership of what went wrong last week and are ready to start fresh. And I say congratulations to you!
Old 07-09-2005, 05:10 PM   #9  
Alis Volat Propriis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_S
Did I not tell you yesterday that my weeks where I felt the worst were ones I did the best on. See......

Hmmmm.... where's that "I told you so" smiley? LOL... and yes you did, Kel! Next time I'll listen to you and stop my whining, oh wise and wonderful grasshopper.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #10  
banned

hi quite and ty!
truth be told, i have someone to thank for dragging me there today bc i know w/o my sis, i wouldnve gone and yea it was humiliating..... the only thing i grabbed too was that i still have an 8 lb loss so im not starting from scratch
Old 07-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quite, not trying to say I told you so but.........LOL! Well I have been there many, many times.
Closed Thread