Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:11 AM   #1  
THICK and tired of it

Default Short term goals and challenges

Hello dahlings... This is my first time posting, though I've been reading this board for some time now and I feel as though I know many of you already. I love this site!!

So anyway, I wanted to share with you some of my short term goals and to ask what some of yours are. My very first goal is to notice that by eating right, exercising and taking a daily vitamin (not to mention drinking plenty of H2O!) I am healthier. I think I'm close to this one already- I'm 4 weeks into the program and my skin looks better, I have more energy, I am sleeping better... Another goal that may be longer in the coming is to enjoy exercise- but I believe it will happen! I can't wait for the day to come when I look forward to my exercise time as time for myself, and something that I enjoy rather than do because I must.

As for challenges, well, I am a full time grad student and it is summer, so I'm challenging myself to lose as much as I can by the time classes resume at the end of August. I have no idea what to estimate- can I lose another 10? Another 20? I have no idea. But this time I'm not letting numbers be my only guide, that's why this one is a challenge, not a numerical goal.

How about y'all? What are some short term goals that you've set or that you've already accomplished?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #2  

My first goal is to be in a size 8 by the end of the summer!!

I am also learning to love healthy foods, and love water !!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:10 PM   #3  
Alis Volat Propriis

My absolute first goal was to take charge of my health and feel better. I was run down and lethargic all the time; my whole body ached all the time; my hair was falling out; and I looked like crap. In less than a year, I had seen a radiologist, a cardiologist, a neurologist, an endocrinologist, two gynos and 3 GPs and I had had 8 mammograms, one breast biopsy, a heart ultrasound, a thyroid scan and neck and back xrays. Aside from the discovery and removal of a benign breast lump and starting on meds for my underactive thyroid, there was nothing anyone could do for me. Waiting in the cardiologist's office, I had a glimpse of myself in the not-so-distant future as one of those old people whose lives revolve around doctor's appointments. I was terrified.

That day, I vowed to fix myself. I started going to a chiropractor and taking vitamin supplements that included omega-3s. I also accepted how bad stress is for your health and vowed to find time and ways to cut down on some of the stress in my life. Then I started WW two weeks ago and am doing well so far. I've decided not to look at it as a diet, but as a lifestyle change, a healthy part of my new self-prescribed regime.

LOL But on a less grand scale, my weigh-loss goals are what I call the XX0's, like 260, 250, etc. I kissed my first one (260) goodbye last week and am hoping to bid the 250s farewell soon. My next goal is to have less than 100 pounds to lose; after that, my goal will be to weigh under 200 (enter one-derland, as they say). Then to be less than the weight I was the last time I felt I was of normal weight (169, in college, 23 years ago.) Then, on to my final goal: 140.

Wow, didn't mean to write so much! Sorry. But this is the first time I am actually excited about losing weight and taking care of myself.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:25 PM   #4  
Downsizing Dee!

I'm a newbie here too! Congrats to everyone on the losses so far - keep up the great work!

Short term: (some I've posted in EOS challenge)
1. get down to 210 (that's 17 pounds)
2. Exercise for 45 minutes per day - 6 days a week
3. Eat out less

Long term:
1. Be healthy
2. Reach final goal weight of 138
3. Enjoy working out enough to continue after I have reached my weight goal
4. Wear a size 8/10
5. Cross my legs
6. Redefine my wardrobe
7. Take one of the ultimate caving tours at Mammoth caves (I visited there once before but wasn't able to do what I wanted to the most because of my size)
8. Be able to wear my wedding rings
9. I want my husband to carry me across the threshold. He didn't when we were married because I was just too big. (I never asked, and he didn't offer, lol!)
10. Wrap a towel around me and not have a gaping slit in one side where it doesn't reach

I know some may sound trivial but it's all a part of the big picture for me.

Way to go everyone!

Dee
Old 07-07-2005, 09:58 PM   #5  

HEY - looks like we all registered for this board about the same time?!!!

I've been at this a month - well just over a month and it's the longest I have done ONE plan - so that's a BONUS for me.

I have lots of goals, but I should probably display them here for all to see :-)

Short Term:

Learning to make proper food choices
Learning to eat proper food portions (huge for me)
Drinking lots of water
....those above I am coming along nicely on

....here's what I'm working on:

Overcoming cravings
Excersizing regularly and not making excuses not to
End of Summer Weight Loss Goal

LONG TERM:

Being IN SHAPE! Physically Fit, described as "Athletic" - ha!
Shop a regular clothing stores
Bend over a tie shoes without breaking a sweat
Crossing my legs
Riding comfortably on rollercoasters
Goal Weight
Good Health
Good Example to my children

I think we are going to go on a Cruise next June - so i'll have a BIG GOAL for sure!

Looking forward to getting to know you, "CLass of June 2005" :-)

......Mara
Closed Thread