Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #1  

Default days off?

I'm in a bit of a pickle....I had my back slip last night, and can barely move. I'm hungry as a horse {due to the meds}, and really don't feel like cooking WW flex friendly.

Is it okay to take a day off now and then? Or in my case, porbably about 3 days in a row? I'm still trying to make good choices overall, but it's hard when I feel like this.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:01 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

well if it doesn't lead into more than that for you then the call is yours but personally I don't think taking days off helps overall. I even follow my program when I am on vacation......
Old 07-06-2005, 01:30 PM   #3  

I could not take a day off either, just me though
Old 07-06-2005, 02:05 PM   #4  

If you mean off like totally off, just be prepared to have a gain, but tell yourself that you are going to get right back on the wagon when you are better. If you prepare your mind for what the results may be, it will be better than beating yourself up after you have a gain and quitting because of it. I say, stick as close to program as you can.
Julie
Old 07-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #5  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

I've found that days off can be really easy to manage if you still journal everything- and yes, even count points. That way you're still working the program, but you are allowing yourself to not worry about cooking while you're getting better.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #6  

I agree with Freedom&Light. If you are going to go off, still count the points. I have had a few days when I went off for one reason or another and I used them as an excuse to eat and eat and eat. Well, I had one of these the other day and then counted the points. I was shocked to see that I had reached 43 points! (and was no more filled or satisfied than usual. . .) That is almost double my allowance. I am glad I kept track so that the rest of the week I could stick to minimums and work on bonus points to keep the week even. Just gives you a perspective and keeps you in the habit.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #7  

One other thing. . .if you can push yourself to make it through this tough time, think of the power you will have on "normal" days!
Closed Thread