WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 09:07 PM   #1  

Default I need some help please!!

This is my third week on WW and my first official meeting after the first 2 intro. meetings.
Well, last week I lost .4 and this week I lost .2 pounds. Note that it is a point before the numbers!
I am nursing and have to add the 10 more pounds each day. Sometimes I find it hard to get my points in and when I'm finding it hard to get my points in, I find myself eating the quickest thing that I've got. Well, this past week it was Kudos bars and the Quaker Oatmeal bars.
I have not been getting in my water like I should and I don't use butter, I use the Earth's Balance spread. I can't stand real butter now! LOL
Anyhow, what am I doing wrong? What do I need to change to help me lose even one pound a week?!
I hear all these stories about the first week you can lose 4-6 pounds and here I am in my third week and not even lost a total of a pound!
I am not exercising and find it hard to find the time. I know that is an excuse. But I have a daycare and 3 kids of my own.
I need something that I can do from home that will help me lose the weight.
Any suggestions there as well?
I just went shopping and got tons of stuff for salad, veggies, fruit and Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones entrees.
Anyways, sorry for the book, but I need some help here!
What type of questions can I ask at the next meeting? When it comes to question time, I have some, but don't want to ask them all in front of the class, I have quite a few questions as you can see!
So, anyone care to take these questions on?!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:48 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Try eating more healthy foods. When you are struggling for points usage go for milk or juice or fruit.

Analyze the program:

1) Where in your points are you eating? Most people find they lose better when eating above their TPs by using APs and FPs to give a higher or moderate day. Especially if you are exercising you need to eat toward the high end and not the low end. The reason is because your body thinks it is starving and slows down your metabolism and holds on to the calories you intake.

2) What are you spending your points on? Review POINTS PIES Also make sure you get in some REAL fat (preferably in healthy fats but also butter, margarine, mayo, real salad dressing, etc). I had subconsciously removed almost all fat from my diet and had plateaued for SIX (count them 6) months. Make sure you get in some fat.

3) Are you drinking your water?

4) Are you eating alot of processed foods (canned, frozen, etc.) which contain alot of sodium which causes water retention. What about diet sodas? They can cause bloating and water rentention.

5) Are you exercising? Have you taken your measurements to see if you are building muscle while losing? Remember muscle weighs 2.2 times more than fat for the same amount of space (that does not mean muscle weighs more than fat pound for pound but volume for volume it will be heavier) however remember it takes many months to build muscle. If you just started exercise or have made a major change to your routine you can be retaining water. If you are exercising remember to eat high in your point range.

6) Are you journaling? This includes every BLT (bite, lick and taste). Those BLTs can add up in 'hidden' points.

7) Are you calculating points correctly? Ninety percent of new members don't count points correctly. I have a favorite muffin and until last week (I've been on program for almost 2 years) I just realized my 3 point muffin is really 6 points because it is 2 servings. Make sure you use the nutritional information rather than the 'generic' list W/W puts out. You'll find alot of differences.

Once you have analyzed these things then you need to start playing with the program to adapt it to you and your body. Like reducing the carbs and increasing the protien and stuff like that.

Kel

Points Pies

Balanced (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 8-9 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 6-7 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 0-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-3 points a day
Milk and Milk Products – 4-6 points a day

20-28 points a day

Higher Protein (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 5-6 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 9-11 points a day