Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #1  

Default Body's Natural Weight

Is there a certain weight that your body is supposed to be, that your body just feels healthy at, and wont want to budge from? I am really frusterated because i have been working so hard at weightwatchers for a long time, and my body just seemed to stop at this weight and feel comfortable here, no matter what i do? I'm really very strict with my points, dont use flexpoints, and dont use exercise points, just the points i am aloted per day, i have gone over and over my diet making sure what i am eating is points correct. I work out a rediculously large amount everyday, i generally run at least 3 miles, or burn 400-500 calories on the elliptical machine, and my body just seems comfortable at 152-155lbs and doesnt want to go down any more. any body know if sometimes some frames or people, arent meant to be really thin? thanks
Nancy
175/154/135
5'9
Old 06-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #2  

Most people find it does get harder as you get closer to your goal, I think. I'm not sure skipping out on your flex points is such a great idea, though. As people have said before, it takes a certain amount of calories to burn fat, too, and skimping on things like protein and dairy calcium is only going to make it harder. Strict control isn't always the answer.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #3  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Nancy,

The first thing I would suggest, and bear with me, it'll sound kinda nutty... is to actually EAT your Flex & Exercise Points. Yes, really

With your level of activity, and the "long time" you have been on WW, I would guess that your body has slowed down its metabolism. I've heard members (in my meetings in the past) say that eating all "extra" accumulated Points actually kicked their body back into fat-burning mode. I suspect you might be burning too many calories exercising for the amounts of Points you are eating... putting you into starvation mode.

I would think you can get below 152-155... you may just have to feed those hardworking muscles of yours a bit more!

Good luck! Tell us how it goes for you!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I third the notion of at least trying to eat your FPs...they are not 'emergency' points but part of the program. Especially if you are an active person you may just naturally need more food.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Is that your height at the bottom of your post? Because if you are 5'9 and weight 152 then you are at a good weight. I'm 5'7 and WW suggested my weight goal should be between 155 and 158. Perhaps you have reached a weight that is suitable for you.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi agree with the above post and just wanted to tell a story from my meeting. some one elese was in the same place, not losing and working out so hard they found that they needed to eat the excersise points in order to lose. They didn't eat junk food, but they god their extra points in with protein and fruit (the good kind of points). this kick started their loss back into motion.
I also think that maybe what mauvaisraos is also right, you might be at a good weight to be healthy.
If you really want to lose more, try eating a few extra points.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #7  

Thanks ladies for all your great advice. Looks like the consensus is to eat my flexpoints, and to focus on eating healthfully with alot of fruit, protein, and veggies, ill do my best, and try to encorporate that in to my diet this week.
Closed Thread