Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 11:20 AM   #1  

Arrow Flex chat / Week of June 6th

Good Monday Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a good weekend! It was sooo hot here (Ohio) over the weekend I didn't go outside until the evening. Did manage to get the last of my living room done though...I have over the course of the last couple of weeks painted the downstairs portion of my house and wallpapered one long wall in my living room. I have to say it looks really good, me and hubby are so proud of ourselves!
Sunday I had a Tastefully Simple party....if you are not familiar with these it is kinda on the lines of a Tupperware party, except instead of Tupperware, they sell food!! I booked this party before I started on WW. Most of the dips are made with sour cream and mayo, and you also have things like beer bread, pound cake and brownies. We tried 25 products! But I saved 17 points for the party and everything was cut into small bite sized pieces. Then I brought the rest of it to work today so it would be out of my house!

I also ate at Ruby Tuesdays on Friday and did really well: Petite Sirloin (6pts), stemmed broccoli (0 pts) and sauteed mushrooms (4pts) YUM!!

Weigh in tommorrow!! Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Good morning!

Sounds like a fun party Sherri!

I got some gardening done on Sunday morning (about 3 hours worth ) but the beds are dug and my tomato plants are in - just in time for a huge thunderstorm last night

My backyard is still pretty bad as the house we bought was a rental property and the yard had been neglected for some time as well as a lot of junk was left in it

I did pretty good food wise this weekend so I am hoping weigh in tomorrow will be good.

DH is breaking out the BBQ tonight so we will be having burgers, salad and corn on the cob for supper
Old 06-06-2005, 03:11 PM   #3  
Eat well, Live well

Default repeat...

Hey everyone...this is a bit of a repeat...I posted on the old thread before realizing a new one had been started. So sorry if you read most of this already.

I haven't heard of tastefully simple before. Sounds interesting.

We finally had a good weekend for working in the garden. And, wouldn't you know it, the night after putting a bunch of potted plants out, we had a tremendous wind storm that knocked over 1/2 the pots, so I was furiously repotting before leaving for work today to keep the plants alive.

I've miraculously been doing o.k. with the cookies in the house. Had relatives over about 2 weeks ago, and the bag of cookies, although emptier, is still there. I get Voortman's Low-sugar Zeerrooo's, which are basically Oreos, 1 point per cookie. Used to be that the bag would be gone in a couple of days.

My hubby met his "haircut goal" this week. Actually, he was couple of pounds away, but with hot weather this weekend, he decided it was time for the shag rug to go. He now has a flattop, and he shaved his beard and moustache off too. The hairdresser was having great old time. He's lost 27 pounds, and it was awesome to watch his thin face emerging from under all the hair he'd been using to hide his (no longer existing) extra chins.

When I was younger, I used to say I would get a bellybutton ring if I lost enough weight, but I don't know if I still have the guts to do that. At the moment, I don't want anyone looking at my belly.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #4  

How cute that your DH had a haircut goal

Sounds like you are doing well with your lifestyle changes (the cookies).

We got that thunderstorm here last night too - and it looks like another is on its way.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #5  

Well, I had a good WI, down 3 1/2 lbs!!
Also had a very good meeting (much better then last weeks poker topic) We tried the Chocolate WW smoothies --has anyone tried these yet? Pretty good and they count as 1 milk when you add water to them, or two milks if you mix it with a milk instead of water. May have to pick up a box of them next week.
We are badly in need of rain here, although I think tommorrow we are supposed to get some. And it will probably rain all weekend, that is the kind of luck we have around here.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:44 AM   #6  
Eat well, Live well

I haven't had a WW smoothie...maybe it's one of those things that they don't sell in Canada? How many points was it?

My strawberries are out in full force right now. YUM YUM YUM. Natures most perfect food. Unfortunately, some of my fave ways to enjoy strawberries are rather high points...i.e. on cheescake. So far this year, I have had them with LF cool whip, FF yogurt, and Light ice cream. I also had a banana-strawberry smoothie. So far, so good. Any other ideas?

I put up bird-scaring tape and slug traps in my berry patch, and so far I have lost few berries to critters. I got them out of the Lee Valley catalogue, and they usually only sell things that they are quite certain will work. I will put up the tape around my raspberries and gooseberries as well. Last year, birds got pretty much ALL my gooseberries.

WI is tomorrow...I just might be able to reach my 10% goal this week!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #7  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hi guys,

Been a bit of a bad week for me. I think I may be up this week but I will do better for next week. Been so stressed out trying to get the last minute things done at school with the DS. Last minute tests and finals and he's only in grade 7. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Anyway I'm looking forward for the summer break. Well for the first week anyway and then I'll be wishing for him to be back in school . How is everyone else doing with being OP this week. Anyone else in the dogpound like me!!!!!

Kim
Old 06-08-2005, 12:17 PM   #8  

Yes, I haven't been doing very well either Nibs. Despite making huge efforts to stay OP on the weekend the scale has not gone down

We'll both just have to get back to it this week
Old 06-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #9  

Tried out a loose version of the Wendie Plan this week, I ended up weighing in this morning and had a 5 POUND LOSS (reached my 10% goal!)! I was very shocked. I think I'll try it for another week and see what happens. I've been slacking on the exercise, so I plan on upping that, atleast walking more.

Good job everyone and keep up your hard work, it does pay off!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 AM   #10  

Way to go Rachel!! I think sometime we need to try something a little different, just so we don't get into a slump with it.
Allie--here is an idea for your strawberries......box them up very carefully and send them to me!! I LOVE strawberries!! I have been eating strawberries as often as possible with the ff Boston Creme Pie yogurt....so good!
Kimmy and Mauvaisroux--just keep up with it! You both have been doing well....don't let a bad couple of days (or a week) keep you down.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:33 AM   #11  

Okay fellow "flexers" I have a confession to make, I am THINKING about trying Core next week (after my tuesday WI). There are a couple of people in my meeting who are making it sound pretty good. Plus, my leader said she has seen good weight loss from people who go back and forth between the programs (on a weekly or bi-weekly basis--I know you can not change mid-week).
My questions for you are:
1.) Have any of you tried Core?
2.) Will you still let me post in the "Flex Chat" if I do core sometimes?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #12  

Way to go Rachel!

Sherri- I have not done core but have done a combo of South Beach Diet and WW which I am going back to this next week. I feel like I need a shake up too My DH has agreed to do this too and he actually asked if I would help him exercise Miracles do happen

And of course you can post here whenever you want
Old 06-09-2005, 12:54 PM   #13  

The thing is I have been doing very well on Flex, I am on my 11th week and have lost 23 lbs (to me, that is good). But, I want to try something different...but I am afraid I will mess myself up if I go to Core for 1 or 2 weeks. You know how it is sometimes if we have one bad week, it can really mess you up, or keep you from keeping up with the program. Ugh, decisions, decisions...

Last edited by sherry1215; 06-09-2005 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 AM   #14  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Just try it for the one week Sherry and see how it works. If you haven't lost or god forbid if you gain just jump back on the flex wagon. We'll be here to pull you back on . I wouldn't be able to do core I don't think. Most foods I like aren't on the core plan so.....but never know, one of these days I may try it. I am going to go for my walk shortly and get it started for the day. I can't wait until I am truely back OP. I'm not feeling the dedication yet. Maybe after today! Talk to you guys in a bit.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:48 AM   #15  
Eat well, Live well

I haven't tried core, but it's one of those things I might try if I hit plateau. For me and my DH, we didn't really want to go with it, b/c we want to learn how to eat normally with the foods we like, and most of what we like is not on the core plan. So far, we have discovered lots of low-point ways to enjoy our favorites.

I am feeling GREAT this morning, b/c I was down 3.2 at WI last night!
O.K. Now I admit that it was the first time I wore shorts instead of long pants to WI, but the difference between them would not be all that much. This also means that I reached my 10% goal!

I have to buy a dress this weekend. I am going to my brother's wedding next weekend, and all my really nice dresses are either from before I gained weight and are too small, or from my plus size days, and look like potato sacks now. I don't want to spend too much, since I don't plan to fit in this dress very long. I will probably go to a Value Village or something to see what they have.
Closed Thread