Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:13 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly How's Ya Doin Thread: June 6th - 12th

Ya think its okay to have a weekly thread here, just for everyone to pop in and say HEY, HO, HI

How's everyone's Monday ? Y'all got your menu's and exercise planned for the week?

Old 06-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, Leenie, girl!

I'm having a major snack attack. How are YOU!?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Doin' alright down here in the Lone Star State. I was just thinking that I need to do my exercise schedule for this week. My meal schedule usually changes, but everything I eat just about is low-cal, low-no fat, and I kinda watch the carbs. Hope you guys have an awesome week. After the weekend I had, I don't see how my life could get any better right now. *LOL* I weighed this morning and I have lost 3 pounds since this past Saturday morning Just watch it in about another 2-3 weeks, when that fried chicken craving comes my way. If ever once that I can go without giving in to that darn thing, I'll be really good.

Last edited by LesnarsTXF5Diva; 06-06-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #4  
Steph

Hi all, here and doing well. Resting up from the relay with MAJOR sun burn. Thank God for "after burn" gel or I'd be toast, quite literally.
Food is doing well, feel much better being back at work and with some structure (though I enjoyed my week off greatly and was trhwoing a temper tantrum when the alarm clock went off on Tuesday morning).
Exercise on the other hand is a dirty, dirty word! Did real well while off, now that I'm back at work I am finding it difficult to find time to do anything else.
I hope that everyone else is doing well this week!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #5  

Hi all. I'm new around here. I've been popping around different threads trying to see where I fit in. My biggest weight issue is binge eating. I haven't had a really bad binge for awhile now, but it is a constant struggle for me.

I plan all of my meals out in advance as well as my exercise. It's a little obsessive, but its been working for almost a year now so I will worry about that later!

I'm looking forward to getting to know a lot of the people around here. I'm so glad I found this forum!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #6  
Steph

Welcome Sherpamelissa!
Old 06-10-2005, 09:54 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

How's everyone today, got any good plans for the weekend ?

I'll be back later....
Old 06-10-2005, 11:11 AM   #8  

Melissa, welcome!

I'm sorry... I'm so hot and I have a wicked headache... I'll try to get back in later.

Hugs for everyone...
Old 06-11-2005, 07:51 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

How ya feeling Ellis ? any better.

Well I'm off to two b/day parties today, but first my kitchen needs cleaning.

Watcha all doing today?
Old 06-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #10  

Leenie, is it not hot there, hon? Lordy. It went up to 96F with the humidex yesterday. It's going to be the same today.
My kitchen is filthy, and I don't know if I can clean it without having to rip all my clothes off.

I just dropped DH off at Carleton U. He's going on his yearly bike tour... there are over a thousand people going. They bike from Ottawa to Kingston, which is 180km each way. And then back the next day. I hope there aren't too many casualties in this heat. I warned DH to just take it easy (he can be a bit of a show-off... you know men...) and stay hydrated.

Enjoy the birthday parties, Leenie!

What's everyone else up to?
Old 06-12-2005, 07:28 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Ellis its hot, humid and gross here, sticky as poop! I went to the store last night with DD and DH and b/c the weather here is so humid and HOT we had a wicked thunderstorm that made the lights go out in the store, it was kinda cool. The back up generators went on so it wasn't totally dark but the rain was pounding down for at least 1/2 hr. Kinda like flash flooding. We missed spring and went right into the armpits of summer.

The b/d party yesterday was so cute, it was held at a place called "Little Scoops" its kinda like a old fashion ice cream parlor w/little barstool chairs for kids. Cute !! They danced, played games, had pizza and ice cream.

Today is a cooking for the week day, cleaning and who know's what else lol.

How bout you ?
Old 06-12-2005, 09:33 AM   #12  

You must have air conditioning, Leenie. It's like, 85F in here. The only thing I'm going to be cleaning today is my body in a cool bath!
Yesterday it went up to 107F. I'm losing my mind.

The "Little Scoops" place sounds cute!

DH called from Kingston last night. It was so nice to hear his voice. He was exhausted from the heat. I'm praying he makes it back safely today. He said he won't hesitate to take one of the buses back if he needs to. (there are buses provided for those who can't make it/have accidents/get sick/etc)

What's everyone else up to? Is anyone else out there? Where is Cacky? And Stephanie?
Old 06-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #13  

Hey Ladies,

I haven't posted in a while but I must say that weekends are the worst. It doesn't help that I have a bf who binges. He's actually worse than I am. He went shopping for food and came back with a lot of junk. I have to plan my eating..I know that's the only way it will work. Why did he have to buy chips and powdered donuts?? Why does he do this? He keeps saying he wants to stop doing it, cause it makes him feel bloated but he just keeps doing it and then I give in as well. We both exercise a lot but still...UGH

So I ask him...why he doesn't want to eat good with me and just BAN all this junk...just stop cold turkey..keep it out of the house. He says that's going to "extremes" and he doesn't want to do that...he thinks it's unnecessary.

I'll tell ya...it's soooo difficult to eat right when your partner is a huge binger...it makes it 10 times harder on me. I always end up giving in and feeling sick later.

Last edited by WazzuGirl; 06-12-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:07 PM   #14  

Wazzu, I think you have to plan your food and just be tough and stick to it. I know a lot of people keep tempting foods out of the house or at least trigger foods. My husband does not have a weight problem, nor does my daughter so they can have all that bad food. We have bags and bags of chips, cookies, an entire drawer in the fridge filled with chocolate, so many things to binge on. I have found that having to resist the temptation on a daily basis has made me STRONGER. When I do give in and eat too much I agree it is easier because it is all in the house. But if you want to have a binge, you can always find too much to eat. Take care of yourself. When you don't give in and eat it won't be as much "fun" for the bf anyway.
Closed Thread