Old 05-31-2005, 03:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Magazines

Which one's do you subscribe to? I've been getting O the Oprah magaine for a few years now, but I also just started getting Prevention. I'm really liking it so far. It has good info, articles, every issue has a few pages of different exercises, and even a couple pages of of pet health
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:17 PM   #2  
Chubbles

i love O magazine! I'm not subscribed but I pick it up at the store every now and then! I love that it isn't like Cosmo, or any of those magazines, because when I open it I don't feel daunted by stick thin models, and they have realistic advice for REAL women in there!
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

I get Shape and Fitness and like them both.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I love magazines, from the trashy ones to the, girly ones to the trendy ones...I love 'em. I have subscritions to Jane, Bust, ReadyMade, Complex, and a bunch of the teeny boper ones like Elle Girl and Cosmo girl. I pick others up all the time like Shape, Cooking Light, Comso, Elle, Star, In Touch, or anything with some one on the cover that I like. I get a lot of free ones because I have a clothing compnay and a lot of the alternative independent mags send me copys hopeing I'll advertise in them.

I'm obsessed I tell you obsessed.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

I love magazines too....I wish I could subscribe to about 50 different ones
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:45 PM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

The only one I subscribe to is InStyle, which I feel is the most down-to-earth of the fashion-y magazines. One time I picked up a copy of Vogue and I was horrified by the elitism in it! Ugh!! I will never read that magazine again. I also don't like the Cosmo-type magazines that are full of sex tips and how to attract guys and stuff. But I love InStyle, and I will occasionally pick up Cooking Light also. I haven't read O, but I've thought about it... I'm thinking about picking up a fitness magazine every so often, but I can't really afford to have more than one magazine subscription.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:07 PM   #7  

Being a little older than some of you chicks, my magazine of choice is "More". It has thoughtful, pertinent articles and features fabulous...and unfrumpy!...clothing and fashion. I like "O" too, but I like "More" more.

"Oxygen" is a good fitness magazine and I also enjoy "Runners World" simply because I soooo envy people who run and make it look effortless. Their stories are inspiring and you can learn a lot from the articles in RW, which can range from stretching to psychological assists.

I find that "Star", "Us" and "People" are the most fun to read while on the elliptical trainer. (My health club keeps a good supply of these magazines, so I don't subscribe to them.)

My girlfriend got 2 subscriptions for 1 to "Lucky", so she subscribed me. "Lucky" will appeal to the younger women, but I don't find much in it relevant for me. So I pass it along to my niece.
Gladdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:16 PM   #8  

For my first 10 pounds I got myself a subscription to Self which is decent as far as entertainment/health information goes, and I also have a subscription to...oh gosh this is embarassing...Martha Stewart Weddings! I cant help myself. lol. Im a bridezilla!
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:36 PM   #9  

I have subscriptions to Self, Cooking Light, and Cook's Illustrated. I'm thinking about subscribing to one more food magazine next year, so I've been looking at Gourmet, Bon Appetit, and Food & Wine lately to see which one I like the best.

I used to read Wine Spectator, but the subscription was my ex's, so I don't get it any more.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I love to cook, so while I dont subscribe to any magazines I do tend to frequently pick up Super Food Ideas and Good Taste, they always have such good recipes in them as well as good tips on general healthy living, info on different foods, plants, nutrients etc.

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:42 AM   #11  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

I have a subscription to Cooking Light, and I used to read Self religously, but after a year or so, it is all the same. I started picking up Glamour everynow and then, they arn't snooty - which I had expected!
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

InStyle subscriber for almost 4 years now. A girl can dream while flipping the pages.

I also enjoy Shape and Women's Health, but no subscription.

Most entertaining would be People and US--like the celeb photos
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:03 AM   #13  

My brother gets a lot of free magazines... from Teen Vogue, Latina, Maxim and many other more... I check them on once in a while...
Rossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #14  

I'm a SELF addict. I like the website better than the magazine though. I used to get Fitness and Shape as well but while I was pregnant I let all of my subscriptions run out. The only one I renewed is SELF. Hmmm. Maybe that is why I gained so much weight while pregnant...
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 8"

Cool Mega Magazines

Yah! I read and love in order Shape, Fitness & Self. I also love Women's World and sometimes I buy First For Women at the check out.

I also am an US Weekly addict... and will occasionally buy the InTouch or Star mags.

But my absolute favorite magazine is Muscle & Fitness HERS, but they stopped sending it out in subscriptions! That really sucks, but they've been having some problems with it the last year or so, so I guess I should've saw it coming. But I was able to pick up the Spring issue at Walmart.. I'm not sure how often they'll publish it now.

I've read so many health and fitness magazines I feel like I'm an expert, on how to eat right, exercise, strength training, and everything that I need to be doing, but don't! I know how to lose weight, I just have a hard time doing it!

So I'm getting off subject!

Oh I also like to read Cosmo, Vanity Fair, and Glamour... I usually only buy them when I see somebody I thinks cool on the covers. But I have a hard time throwing magazines away too. So I've got to sort em out before i move in August.
Sun_Flower2 is offline   Reply With Quote