Old 05-17-2005, 08:36 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 5/17

Well, another day another start. GRRRR. I'm going to "bet" my DH that I can stay OP until July 4th. Maybe THAT will be incentive enough for me to stay on track!! We both keep stating we NEED to stay OP....but then we both don't. So maybe a bet would work!!!
Hope you all did better than I did yesterday!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:37 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

BOO !!!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:45 AM   #3  

Good morning

I stayed home from work yesterday...was up all night Sunday night coughing due to my allergies....GEEZ I usually do pretty well in the spring
We did babysit my mom's dog though...her fur must have gotten to me. AND SHE IS A BED HOG....and only weighs about 13 pounds!

Back to work today. Just logged all my food into Fit Day. The V-8 and the cottage cheese I had for breakfast will put me a little high today...not going to worry too much about it. I am making DH a meatloaf tonight..I will have to go and get some low carb bread for the binder...he has to have bread crumbs in it.

Brenda: I'm with you on the no cheats until July 4th.....lets see if we can do it. I see you tried the Q-Smart bars...aren't they yummy?

Leenie: How are you?

Well, I need to go and catch up on what I didn't get done yesterday!

I will try to check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:45 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning

Another day, another start Had lasagna, garlic bread and dessert!!!! It was good, but boy Im paying for it today. My face feels like a balloon. So today its sloppy joes for everyone else, and chicken ceasar salad for me!!

Things are settling down here a bit. Im going to go for my walk today. I havent done that in weeks because of my knee. So I'll see today how it holds up. Ive dusted off my pilates dvds, and cleaned off the workout bench (again) I have to get serious or Im going to be 300lbs again. Ive sworn to NEVER EVER get to that state again. I didnt like it there, and Im not liking where I am now. So.....here I go again!! Someone turn off my sugar monsters and duct tape my mouth shut!!!

Have a good day everyone
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:04 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Bets are a fun incentive. Good luck! Beat your DH!

Leenie:

Jane: Hope your allergies don't bother you too much. I've got a bed-hog of a dog -- only she's 40 pounds and hard to move out of the way.

Robin: Good for you for realizing it's time to get serious. I had one of those realizations recently, and it scared me into trying harder to lose this weight. I definitely don't want to go back to my highest weight, either, and if I'm not constantly doing something about it, I'll end up there. Yikes!

Well, things are going good here. I lost two pounds this past week! Yay! Finally, the scale dropped. I have been in the 170s forever! I can't wait to finally make it to the 160s. Hopefully, it will happen soon.

Exercising is still going well. I'm still attempting to run. I've been slowly adding minutes, but I still feel like I have a long way to go.

Well, I hope you all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:18 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Good going on the 2lb loss!! I know what you mean....you know we are always told that we didnt gain it over night....well you know what? I gain a whole lot faster than I loose it!

Here's to a great op day!!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:14 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Leenie:

Jane: You think THAT dog is a bed hog?? Hmm...try having a 100+ yellow lab sleep with you. Now THAT is a hog! lol You'll have to help keep me on the straight and narrow for this new challenge we're doing!! No cheats for either of us!!

Robin: Welcome to our wagon!! Glad things are getting better for you! And it isn't fair that losing weight isn't as easy as gaining it, is it?!?!

Jina: Congrats on the 2 pound loss. I would love to run. How'd you start out? I've read the...forgot what you call it. It's where you walk for a certain amount of time and then run for a certain time and keep going. Is that what you're doing?

Well, the bet is on. Starting tomorrow DH and I are on total Atkins with NO cheats. not sure what the cost for the person that slips. I'm not about to find out So tomorrow I have to make a sign to remind me of this bet! lol. Once the 4th of July is here I'm hoping to be where I was before Halloween. I figure it'll take at least a month to start dropping weight. Doing the yo-yo eating screwed everything up so if it doesn't take a month for the metabolism to shift into high again I'll be happy...but I'll be happy to not feel like a fat blob also!! Anyone know how to get rid of inner thigh flab?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:58 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

I made it no cheats, op all day, and a 30 min walk!! Today is done Im off to bed

Brenda~ Id never bet something like this with my dh....I know exactly what he would bet cuz he only gets that maybe once a year!! Guess that would be pretty good incentive but good luck to you both...I like the sign idea....I should have them all over the house reminding me Im on a diet