Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #1  
Losin' It!

Angry Completly fell off the wagon today!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!! I completly fell off the wagon today. I had a horrible day today. It started at 7am with a Dr. appt regarding the torn meniscus in my knee (from working out). The Dr. offered no info other than surgery. So, what did I do? I drove through McDonald's and got an Egg McMuffin on my way to work. Then I realized that I was running low on a medication so I called in to get a refill. When I went to pick it up on my lunch hour, I was told that I had to see my other Dr. before they would refill it. So, what did I do? I went home and ate a boat load of food. Then, (oh yes...there is more!) I got back to work, called the Dr. about my prescription, mind you, I have to have this medication to control my Crohn's disease. The nurse told me that when they relocated to their new offices, my file was lost!!!!! Once home from work for the day, thinking that I could relax and possibly work off some of the utter junk I had eaten, I find my lovely Jack Russell Terrier had gotten bored during the day, and eaten my brand new sofa. Not just chewed on the corner, literally ATE the cushions and pillows. I would have beaten him within an inch of his life, but he is so darn cute (with parts of my sofa hanging out of his mouth), all I could do is sit down and cry, and of course, eat!!!!

sigh.....thanks for listening folks! I needed to vent. I think now (since I don't drink alcohol) I am going to go to bed. Wish me luck that tomorrow will be a much better day, and that I will stay on track!!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #2  

put it behind you, bad, evil, nasty day, get back on program tomorrow and don't worry about it. Now about that dog.... guess he needs some more stimulation.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:55 AM   #3  

Default Holly, Holly, Holly

I admire your restraint! So, you had a bad day and ate more than you should. Believe it or not, skinny people often do the same thing. The difference with them is that they put it behind them and move on. Maybe they'll exercise a little more or cut out a night time snack, but they don't worry about it. They just move on. That's what you will do.
Forgive me, though, but when you got to the part about your Jack Russell, I really giggled. I could just picture the little stinker with a mouthful of Broyhill, ecstatic at your homecoming. You are a good doggie mom.
Brush yourself off, and pat yourself on the back. God's Blessings, Lori
Old 05-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #4  

Count it ALL as a vegetable and move on... )
Old 05-13-2005, 09:46 PM   #5  
Losin' It!

Thanks Guys!
I am so thankful that I had this BB to vent. My day went much better today, and I am back on track, just like you all said. DragonflyRivers...I love your idea of counting my day of eating utter crap as all veggies. If I do that, I think I have taken care of the next mo of fiber!!! Lori...I know, that cute little pooper-snoop was so excited to see me, he about shook his little stubby tail off his behind. I took all of the cushions to my saint of a mother. She is repairing the damage. My DH has not talked to the dog yet. Poor little pup has been pouting everytime DH walks in the room.

Again, thank you all for the support. Lord knows I needed it!!!!!
Holly
Old 05-15-2005, 10:28 AM   #6  

Holly, do you have a kong toy filled with goodies and other things to keep your little guy busy during the day? Jack Russellls are so smart, they really do need a LOT of mental and physical stimulation. I'd let you borrow my Einstein of a cat Kato to keep your pup company, but my other cat Lily would miss him........and even though Kato is terribly naughty, I adore him.
I'm glad your next day went much better. We are always going to have days like that. We just need to count on it.
Closed Thread