South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 05:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - May 7 and 8

Yesterday was a jam-packed day and my body feels it this morning. Why on earth did Lucy have to bark at four and wake me up? She's back asleep now as all is quiet downstairs. It must have been those darn terrorists!

Sarah and I put in a good morning's work yesterday. The porch is ready for the wicker, all the outdoor Christmas decorations are stored in the barn. (I did take them down earlier but my knee wouldn't allow me to lug them to the barn.)

I'm off to the Greenhouse this morning. I'm expecting it to be really busy with the Mother's Day rush which will be nice.

I really need coffee so I'm going to go downstairs and bark at Lucy now! I need to make clam chowder for Harry's lunch before I go to the Greeenhouse so I may as well get at it after coffee and cuddles with my furkids.

What are your weekend plans?
Old 05-07-2005, 05:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Ruth!
I was woken around 4:30 by some wacko yelling on the street.
Have a lovely day at the greenhouse!

Little DS curled up in bed with me last night, and we fell asleep reading our books. I found DH sleeping in our son's bed this morning.

My sister and I are taking our mom out for breakfast tomorrow morning.
And if I don't get some coffee soon...
Old 05-07-2005, 08:01 AM   #3  
Darrell's Girl

Good morning, Ladies!

I'm up rather early on a Saturday..I'm trying to make some changes in my life, including not sleeping til noon on Saturday. Since we moved last week, though, I have not had any problem getting up early. My internal clock kicks in and up I get. I had set the alarm for 8, but got up at 7:30 on my own. I got dressed and am enjoying the peace and quiet of having the house to myself for a bit while dh, ds and dd sleep peacefully.

Do any of you meditate? I have been wanting to learn for quite a while now and I just bought an awesome cd on ebay to learn how. I can't wait to use it. I'm going to tackle unpacking and organizing my bedroom today and then I will set up a little meditation corner. I hate being so stressed out all the time. It's so not my personality as I am one of the most laid back people you will ever meet.

I also discovered a line under my eyes the other night. Color me mortified! I guess it is to be expected as I'm going to be 40 this year (which I am REALLY looking forward to, ironically enough)....

Ruth, I hope you have an awesome day at the greenhouse!

Ellis, I love it when the little ones curl up and read... I have a picture of my ex husband and my son (now 19), both passed out from reading in his bed... I love that picture...

Today I'm going to focus on getting my bedroom unpacked and my scraptable organized so I can get back to scrapbooking. I'm also going to walk up to Union Street with my daughter later on to spend some quality time with her, and to get some good exercise in.

I hope you all have lovely days! I'll be checking in later with my water count!

HUGS!
Old 05-07-2005, 08:47 AM   #4  

I woke up early after staying up half the night waiting for my son to return from his senior prom. He came home and had chinese fodd with him...nothing I can eat
It is raining here in Massachusetts all this weekend and it is my first mother's day without mother and my mother inlaw died a week and a half ago so both of us are having a rough time dealing with the fact that our moms are gone. I have to start planning a little high school graduation party for my son. It is at night and I hope the weather is nice so I can cook out on the grill and have people outside and inside the house.

Since it is raining it will be a great day to clean the house, head to the gym and then curl up with a good book.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #5  

Chilichick, bigs hugs for you, sweetie. Think about the good times with your dear Moms. We don't always want to "go there", but the weeping is necessary, and very healing. I'll be saying prayers for you and your DH this weekend.

Aileen, 40 isn't bad at all. It's a bit of a shocker to see a new wrinkle, isn't it?
Meditating is a wonderful idea! I love that you're actually reserving space for it.
I always want to do it, and did some when I took yoga. What an wonderful experience!
I'd like to do it again, but it seems such an effort at the moment.
I hope you enjoy the cd... let us know how you like it!

It's SO beautiful out! After 3 coffees and 2 hours on the computer, I decided to head outside, and I've been out there for an hour mucking about in the garden. I'm filthy! Had to come in because my nose was running, but I'm heading back out...
Old 05-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Wow!! we're have a bad no'easter today on the Cape with winds gusting up to 50 MPH. No walking outside I'm afraid. Have to do my excerising indoors with my bike .

The mice problem is slow going way,we haven't seen any running around or in our traps. YikesHopefully the mice will be gone as I'm having a Canster Card Party on Tuesday.

WANT TO WISH YOU LADIES A HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-07-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #7  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

a normal saturday morn here. Slept in and it was nice! (Well, slept until 8:00 - stayed in bed until 9:00!)

Got kitchen cleaned and everyone ready for the day. Soccer is in an hour, so we are almost out the door.

HAVE A GREAT MOTHER'S DAY! Hugs to those who are away from their moms or children and a EXTRA HUG to anyone mourning a lost loved one. Use the day to enjoy their memory. Plant some flowers for them, meditate and talk to them, write in a journal or a letter.

For all the women - it's your day to celebrate who you are!!!

Christy
Old 05-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #8  
Workin' it!!

I was bad and slept in until almost 9:30 this morning! Well, actually... I got up at 5:30am to let the dog out (her internal alarm clock is something else - that's exactly the time I get up on weekday mornings!!).. then I put her food down and sat with her for a few minutes. Then I decided that I wanted to go back to bed, so I probably went back to sleep somewhere around 6am and slept off and on until 9:00 then laid there until 9:30.

I've decided that I LOVE going to the gym on Saturdays. There probably weren't more than a dozen people in the whole place - love it!! I worked out hard because I probably won't be exercising much again until Tuesday.

It's an absolutely gorgeous day outside - sunny skies and probably around 80 degrees. So, I'm going to get up from here in a couple minutes, take the dog outside with me and clean my car. Inside and out. I bet I'll be pooped after that!!
Old 05-07-2005, 10:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

I have been such a slug today. But a busy slug...I feel like I was running more than half the day!!! I got up around 8:00 and fixed breakfast. We had to be at the band room at school for a meeting about dance line, my youngest dd is on the band's dance line. then it was off to the university for free physicals for 3 of our kids! after that I had to take my oldest dd out to look for a dress for a banquet that is TONITE! it didn't take us long, she found one that was very pretty, then we had to go hunting for some shoes...that took a little while. By the time I got home I was soooo sleepy. I still feel sleepy, I guess the only cure for that is just going back to bed! Now it's actually bed time!

Thanks to all the Happy mother's day wishes
and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of the MOMs out there!
Old 05-08-2005, 05:44 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

It's Mother's Day and I'm expecting......

......the hummingbirds to arrive at the feeder! I'll probably get phone calls from my two offspring and cuddles and licks from The Girls.

A gorgeous day is coming up. I'm off to Church and then may do some gardening before I start the pre-Gail tidy.

Not much to say this morning. I guess I'm feeling a little down over the ongoing Harry situation.

Coffee may help.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:38 AM   #11  

Ruthie, sending you big hugs, sweetie.
I need a helicopter so I can buzz right over to you.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:13 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Hop in your copter, Ellis, and come on up! You can land in the tilled part of the back field. (Actually we have had a landing out there - one of my sister's rich friends & her DH.)

I've decided to be really nice to myself today and take it easy. I am even skipping Church! I just made a BBQ spice rub from a recipe in last week's paper and that's the cooking for today! (Drat! I need to make dog food but that's a labour of love.)

I'm going to sit in the "parlour" with another coffee and a rather silly book - Emmeline by Judith Rossner. It reads like teen fiction or a bodice ripper! Then I'll get into my garden clothes and see if I can find some fun things to do outside. Lunch will be a pita pizza and dinner is a leftover orange chicken casserole frozen since Ellis visited.

What's happening with you chickies?
Old 05-08-2005, 08:21 AM   #13  

I'm so glad you're looking after yourself today, dear Ruth.
Oh, that casserole is WICKED! Don't forget to let me have the recipe sometime, please.

DH and the kids stayed up until 1:30 last night baking me a WW cake. Blueberry lemon. How sweet.

Gotta run ... back later... have a lovely day, gals and guys!
Old 05-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Hidy-Ho Chickies! I am feeling much better today. Wow is my knee sore but I can tell it is getting better. I am takin my pain meds pretty much as scheduled which is unusual for me. I usually try not to take them but I have coem to realize that they help you heal faster by not bein so tense and wound up with pain. My DS has been so good to his dear mom during all of this. I let him stay home from school on Fri. cause I was afraid to stay by myself. Glad I did he was a BIG help! He rolled me to the pottie a couple of times! It was toooo funny. We used the puter chair and i have wood floors. Beats those stinkin crutches! I watched my video of the scope....pretty funky! lol I drove today. The kids and I went up to the mexican rest. for lunch. DH had things to do so.....we went on our own. It's about 2 miles from the house so it was an easy drive. Well I better get goin. If I sit with my knee down to long it starts to hurt. Thanks again for all your well wishes. I appreciate you all very much!

Happy Mother's Day
Closed Thread