Old 05-04-2005, 10:41 PM   #1  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

Talking Hey, long-time WW dieter here, but new to this forum!

Hey! I'm Sarah Jane... I'm new to this forum, and just returning to 3FC for the first time in quite a bit. I'm actually 17... I know this is the 20-something forum, but I felt that I would probably relate better to women in this forum than those in the "Teens Only," as most teens on this site are 13 or 14. I'm a writer and a student... I'll be going to Johns Hopkins University to study creative writing in September, and I'm so psyched. My life has really taken off in the direction I have always dreamed it would.

As far as my weight-loss journey goes, I have always struggled with my weight... bad gene pool, I suppose, as my mother and grandmother always did too. At my heaviest, I was 180 pounds during my freshman year, which was a really miserable time for me. Since then, I have lost about 45 pounds... my goal weight is 125, and I reached 127 right before Christmas, but of course then the holidays came, and since then I have been unable to get back down. My short-term goal is to reach 130 in time to wear a bikini in Florida for my graduation trip with my friends, and my long term goal is to reach lifetime at WW, (achieve my weight goal and stay within 2 pounds of it for 6 weeks, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the program), before I leave for college on September 2. It's tough losing the last 10 pounds, because in some outfits I am completely satisfied with my body, but sometimes I really want to lose those last 10 pounds.

But enough about me, I want to hear something about you guys! You can post a reply if you'd like, or you can contact me on AIM, my username is McCrew The Jew.

Hope to talk to you soon, and happy dieting!
mccrew_the_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to 3FC. It looks like you are on the right track by trying to catch yourself before you slip to far off from your maintenance weight. This will probably be particularly useful with starting college. I know that is when is put all my weight on because I wasn't paying attention. Starting college is an easy time to pick up new habits because everything in your life changes all at once. So take advantage of it and make them healthy habits!

Enjoy your summer! Think about how much better you look now then almost 50lbs ago.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Congratulations on getting to do exactly what you want in college, and on losing all that weight! Like skinnyjeans said, catching yourself before you slip too far is great.

College is a really hard time to maintain your weight (I'm sure you've heard about the "freshman fifteen" that can turn into way more than 15 quickly!), because of eating in dining halls (if you don't have an apartment), social events, parties, etc, in addition to being stressed a lot. During college, I gained 35lbs, lost 30, then put 35 back on! I can only imagine how huge I would have gotten had I not gone on a diet that one summer. Anyway, I'm not trying to scare you or anything, just warning you that it's REALLY hard to watch what you eat and find time to exercise in college, so it's great that you're going to be thinking about maintaining on your way in!

I think it's so great that you are going to college for something you always wanted to do. I only decided what I was going to major in during my last year or two of high school, and now that I'm in graduate school, I'm starting to think I made a mistake! Oh well, live and learn, right?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:23 PM   #4  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

Thumbs up

Thanks for your responses! It's great motivation while I'm trying to get through my stressfull day and avoid the Hostess cupcakes that there are so many others out there who are struggling with their weight, and knowing that I can log onto 3FC and talk to you guys is great inspiration.

And I agree, it's important to catch the weight gain early, so that you don't have to work to take off all those pounds all over again...

I'm hoping that I won't gain the freshman 15... or 25... or 35... haha, but I feel confident that I won't. I feel prepared to handle all the college has to offer, both challenging and fun, and I actually just selected my eating plan for while I'm at Hopkins, and I chose the one with the fewest meals in the cafeteria and the most "points" to spend in the supermarkets, so that I can cook my own food and count my WW points. I know I'll be discouraged to overeat if I have to pay for a cafeteria meal, hahaha!

So anyway... speaking of getting through the day (that was a while back, sorry for rambling guys), any suggestions on that topic? I can't seem to stay full on the number of points that WW gives me, and once I overeat a little, I'm gone!

Sarah Jane
mccrew_the_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:43 AM   #5  

Welcome to the site I'm 19 (so not exactly a twenty-something either) but all the ladies on this forum are so nice and helpful!

My freshman year of college I gained 30 pounds!!! The same 30 pounds Im working on losing now so as the other posters have mentioned it's great that you're being vigilant of your weight already. I wish someone had told me at 17 that working out is as much as a stress reliever as over eating lol.

Anyways congrats on starting college and losing all the weight you have thus far- very big accomplishments!
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:02 PM   #6  

i think its funny cause i went to post in the teen group and realized oopps .... haha oh wel. WELCOME TO THE GROUP! even though im new too
channonenvy is offline   Reply With Quote