Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (April 27-29)

Happy Hump Day;

Is it me, or is this week draggggginggggg by?? Our weather has turned cold - it's only -4C right now. On Monday it was 23C - quite a difference, eh. It snowed a bit last night too. Wierd weather, but not unusal for the foothills. That's what we get for having a great mountain view!

Is anyone else on iron supplements? Mine don't bind me, but I do find that I get nausea for half a day after I take them....any suggestions? I do take with food, and OJ as vitamin C helps iron absorb...

Dr. Lori?? RU lurking??

Well, better head back to work. Have a fantastic OP day girls. BBL
Old 04-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone, really quick post here. Lost 2.8 pounds last week. I weigh myself on Saturdays, so I'm already half way through this week

As for the soap opera families, I don't have one. My parents are still happily married and I talk to them all the time. They are my best friends. While I never had any family problems or "soap opera" like conditions, my mom is Italian and cooks a LOT, and we were always expected to eat everything on our plates. She's the "Oh there's only one left, I don't want to have to put it in the fridge, someone eat it!" type of mom. Plus I started emotional eating when I was in middle school. I was always a little chubby, but I would get teased and I'd be upset and when I got home from school I would eat...a lot. Still getting over the emotional eating stuff.

OH OH and I bought pants in a size 16 yesterday! *yay*yay* A month ago I had to buy 18s, so this is a nice step for me I think this Saturday I will be in ONE-derland!

Anyways it looks like I have a lot of posts to catch up on!

Last edited by modkittn; 04-27-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Oh Belle in reply to your iron post, I take iron and I haven't had much problems, but I take it with food and I take it at night. I take all my other vitamins in the morning. I heard it was better to take the iron separate from the other vitamins, but who knows
Old 04-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Hey all!

I had a super WI today! Down 6 lbs from two weeks ago! I knew last week was all water. Damn TOM! Oh well. I'm in a party mood! Too bad parties mean food! LOL. I was super tired when I got up this AM and didn't want to exercise. The weather here is miserable today. It light fluriies today! Boo. Anyway I gave myself an hour to wake up (Not a morning person at all) & then I kicked my own butt to do my Bellydance DVD. Now I feel good. Amazing how that works! Yay!

Belle, Your description of your emotional eating is exactly me too. Feeling proud right now that I've lost a total of 14lbs in the last 6 weeks and you know there is that cake left in the fridge... Not gonna do it don't worry!

Lori, Congrats on your loss! You're doing great! I dream about a 16. Only 10 sizes to go Slowly but surely...

BTW glad to hear that there are still some normal families out there.

As for the iron thing I find if I take mine with my meal it helps. I try to take it alone. Also I take my Calcium alone. Iron can leach the Calcium right out so its not good to have them too close together. I also take a multivitamin & fish oil capsules. I take one thing at each meal and then one before bedtime. So far no ill side affects.

Well the weather is yucky today so I'm thinking it calls for some yummy homemade soup & a tasty sandwich/wrap. When I make soup I always double it & then freeze the leftovers in single size portions. Perfect for a day like today. Plus soup is generally good for you - lots of veggies and not too much bad stuff - unless of course you make cream soups with real cream - I cheat & use skim milk & a bit of cornstarch or something to thicken it up. Yummy!

Anyway hope you're all having a great day! Take care & eat well!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Oh my goodness Belle! You sound like a really strong person now. My mom and dad always made me feel bad about my weight as well. Prom was not so much fun. I remember one night, my dad apologized for calling me fat and I started crying and gave me a hug but he still proceeded to look me up and down. Till this day I only eat salads in front of him and clothes that make me slimmer.. I can watch his eyes when I walk into the door to look at my stomach. He is not a bad guy but I think he wants me to pretty and feel good aobut myself. He has gained a little bit of weight since his accident so he should focus on himself. Is your dad skinny?? Well at least we know you will be a very good parent to your baby because of all this stuff you learned not to do.

Mokittn and Rhubarb- You guys are doing super. I am so happy for you. Keep the good work up.

Oh yeah, my doctor told me to take my iron at night with food, so I take me multivitamin and oher stuff in the morning and my iron at night. I don't ever feel any side affects.

Well I have one final and one presentation down today and I am wiped. I really want to have a big fat margarita..lol. I am doing really good on eating this week so I might just have one. But my exercise not so good because of my stupid foot. I think I am going to go back to the doctor, but I probably haven't been doing what I am suppose to be doing. I mean I go to the uNiversity of TN and there are hills everywhere so I am constantly carrying my heavy backpack and walking everhwere. Oh well, maybe he will help speed up recovery.

Anyway, Have a good day girls. It is hump day!
Old 04-28-2005, 01:51 PM   #6  

Hi all!

Do you remember me?? Life has been busy with 3 kids, a DH, full time work, and finishing my master's program this semester. But, I am still working on my weight loss. I have about 10 pounds til my goal.

So, what have I missed in the last 6 months? Belle ~ I see your pregnant!!! Excellent!!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 02:17 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hey all,

Hope you're all having a great day. I had a busy morning & so had no time to exercise. Work all afternoon & evening means no time today. Oh well. I'm eating great & can hopefully make up for it tomorrow when I have the day off. The weather here is still yucky. Hopefully it will warm up soon.

Tonya, Glad to hear you're doing great! Is your semester almost over? What's your plan once your masters is finished?

JK, My DH finishes his last final exam today for this semester. He is ready for a break too. For spring semester he's going to only do one class & its one where instead of going to class you watch videos & only have to go there to write the exams. Should be interesting. His work is making some major changes this week too so he's majorally stressed. It will all be over with by Saturday afternoon though. Luckily we've been invited to go play paintball that night so that should help him release some tension! LOL. Maybe you should go see a massage therapist or a physical therapist about that foot. They can give you exercises to help strengthen it back into shape.

Anyway I should go eat my lunch & then get my butt to work. Have great day peoples!
Old 04-28-2005, 02:20 PM   #8  

Rina ~ I am actually applying this week for a position at the University I work for as a marketing professor. We will see if I get an interview.....
Old 04-29-2005, 09:46 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Hey Tonya! Welcome back! Congrats on finishing your Masters!!!

Hey guys, did you read this?

U2 fans boo Martin at sold-out show
CTV.ca News Staff

Thousands of U2 fans booed beleaguered Prime Minister Paul Martin at a sold-out concert in Vancouver. Prompted by U2 front man Bono, they were reminded Martin broke a promise by not raising Canada's spending on foreign aid.

But that doesn't mean Martin is off the hook. Bono, a long-time activist for Third World debt relief, says he's not giving up on Martin. He asked the crowds not to give up on him either.

"I think we're going to figure this thing out. I think he's a great leader for Canada and that he can do what we want him to do, to lead the world out of despair and poverty, this year."

Bono went on to challenge Martin, asking him to deliver on the commitment to raise Canada's foreign aid spending to 0.7 per cent of the country's GDP by 2015. He even went on to flash a phone number on screens above the stage, asking fans to call Martin to remind him of his promise.

"If you people believe in it, I believe Paul Martin is the kind of person who will listen to you," Bono said. "Get out your phones. Dangerous little devices, these cell phones."

As the glow of dialing cell phones lit Vancouver's GM Place, Bono stayed on message. "We want to make poverty history," he screamed. "This is the year!"

U2 fan Kieran Kennedy, who watched the show from the floor, agreed Martin should follow through on his promises. "Paul Martin should give more money to the Third World, not because Bono says so, but because he himself promised to."

Fans also showed their support for more foreign aid by buying white rubber bracelets being sold at the concert. Printed on them is the message 'Make Poverty History.'

The bracelets are part of a larger campaign being backed by Bono and other celebrities including Sarah McLachlan, Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz and Jamie Foxx. The campaign will officially kick off in Canada Friday, when a downtown Vancouver church will be wrapped in a white band.

Bono also took the chance to praise Vancouver. "I first came here in a building that's knocked down now," he said. "Just watched the city grow and grow. From the first, I always liked walking the streets of Vancouver."

With files from Canadian Press
Yikes. Rock and politics...honestly. YOu'd think that Bono would have enough to crusade for with the fighting in Ireland that he'd keep his nose out of Canada. It would be interesting to see if he cound influence the upcoming election.

Well, finally Friday. Dad gets married tomorrow...supposed to be crap weather, high of 0C and snow! I have only short skirts/dresses to wear, so I'll freeze my butt off.

Anyone with exciting weekend plans?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:16 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Morning all, Not too much on the go for me today. There is snow on the ground I am going to the chiropractor this morning & other than that I have a ton of work laundry to do. Its a very good day to curl up with a book and some tea. I am going to do my bellydance dvd before I head out for my appointment. Then when I come home its relax time

Belle, thanks for sharing that article. I hadn't seen that one. I can't see why Bono thinks Martin will change anything. I don't think it bothers Martin's conscience to break promises - I mean hasn't that been the federal Liberals' way for the past how many years? Plus I don't think he can change the budget now b/c of the agreement with the NDP. Of course he has broken deals before. Plus the NDP deal will be a good excuse for when he talks to Bono & tells hime that he can't increase spending on foreign aid. I know there is lots of poverty in the world & its sad but shouldn't we take care of the poverty in our own country first? On another note, did you see that poll from Quebec where separatism is up to its highest in like ten years? Kinda ironic that the intent (supposedly) of the whole sponsership thing was to decrease the separatist movement and now the scandal is making it backfire. Interesting. Of course Quebec couldn't hold a refferendum for at least 3 years b/c the Parti Quebecois would have to be in power provincially and they have to wait that long for a new election. I'm sure it will have died down by then. If it hasn't surely Ottawa will have offered them something to placate them. What a mess our politics are in! I think it is going to stay that way until a new great leader emerges. Right now there is no one that the whole country can get behind. If we have an election now they are predicting that the Liberals, PC & BQ will all have around the same number of seats and so the reall power would be the NDP b/c their measly few votes could do some damage. Votes for sale are always a scary thing. I don't like the Liberals in power but I don't see how an election is going to help. Of course maybe all the political forecasters are wrong & someone will win with a clear majority. HA! Anyway enough of this political crap - it just gets me worked up.

As for the weekend, I have to work tomorrow until 2 pm & then we're supposed to be going paintballing for a friend's birthday but I think if its supposed to be outdoors we're going to have to find something else to do. WIth this weather those paintballs would be awfully hard & painful! DH's store is having a grand re-opening this weekend. They didn't close just changed their name to the name of their parent company that's owned them for the last 10 years. Anyway he has put in so much overtime this week & today is going to be a good 15 hour day for him. Tomorrow doesn't look to be any better. Poor guy. The upside is that his next cheque will be huge! Hopefully he doesn't get too rundown. He finished his last final last night so at least that is one worry off his mind. I'm hoping he will be off early enought o come paintballing (or whatever). Probably needs to blow off a littel steam. Sometimes being a responsible adult isn't the most fun. Oh well. Anyway off to workout before I head to the chiro. Take care girls. Eat well!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Belle- good luck on your weekend. I will be praying for you.

Rhubarb- I hope your DH has a peaceful weekend. I know it is hard to be in his shoes, but he sounds like he is kicking butt.

Tonya- That is awesome that you are finishing your Masters, go luck on your interview. Hopefully I will be there one day.

Well this weekend I am studying for good old finals and we have to celebrate an early mothers' day for my husband step mom. we are not thrilled about it at all. My dh does not claim her as a mother figure at all so he is kind of mad that is father is making him do this. This woman is queen of drama! But he aunt just had a baby so we might be able to see the little one if drama queen doesn't take over. NOt a fun weekend but we will live and the next will be better. I hope everyone has a good one.
Closed Thread