WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:51 AM   #1  

Default Weight Watcher - Smart Ones

Hi there! Today was my 2nd weigh in and I feel so good!! I just wanted to ask a question. I am super busy between my fulltime job and fulltime school schedules..so my meals are typically, special k for breakfast, smart ones for lunch, and dinner. I am always on the go and so eating healthy choice, lean cuisine, and smart ones is much easier for me. I lost weight before I started with weight watchers eating these meals. I just wondered is that okay? Someone else wrote on here that its not good to have the frozen meals more than twice a week. Im having them twice a day! I love them though, and am not hungry after I eat.... Any suggestions?? My breakfast and snacks are good for sure, but I just wanted to get your opinion on the lunch and dinner frozen meals???
Old 04-07-2005, 08:26 AM   #2  

Those frozen meals not good to eat more than a few times a week. They are loaded with sodium and have little good nutrition for the price. If you must eat them, add veggies and salad and fruit. You could get bagged salad greens. Nuke some frozen veggies and have fruit for dessert.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

I agree 100% with Quilter. One thing I will add is that you can make your own frozen meals and get more food for the same or less points and much more healthy with out all the added sodium. You can also make them much morehearty so they stick with you longer.

If you jump to this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53934 I posted a bunch of easy recipes that freeze well to make your own.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #4  
BJ3

I use them when I'm in a hurry, but always keep fresh vegetables cooked to add with them for nutrition. Try some of the receipes on this web site. They are great. However, I would suggest that you use your points finder to figure the points out for yourself as I have found some mistakes. It may be due to different brands used, etc. My ww leader always gives us a new receipe to try every week. So helpful!
Quilter, how did you get your name? I started quilting in earnest when I retired recently and love it!
Also, how do yall get that cute weight loss tracker on your message?

Last edited by BJ3; 04-10-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #5  
becRN

Thumbs up

Thanks!! Love the recipes!!
Closed Thread