South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #1  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Default Healthy weight......?

My question is .....how do you know what is a healthy weight for you? I say I'd like to be 130-135lbs but I'm not sure if that would look okay with my build and height. I'm 5'4 or 5'5 and "big boned". I started at 180. Do you just go by how you feel or is there a "healthy weight limit"?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:14 AM   #2  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I'm also 5'4" and weigh 179lbs at the moment, my goal is to reach 135lbs.

The information that I have checked out recommends the normal weight range for women who are 5'4" is between 118lbs-148lbs, this obviously depends on your frame size. I'm of medium build so I've opted for somewhere in the middle. But my final goal will depend on how I feel when I get there. Everyone is different so what suits one person may not suit another, I'm sure you'll know yourself what's right for you when you get there.

Hope this helps and good luck with your weight loss.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm not doing South Beach, but i thought I'd respond to your question on healthy weight anyway lol.

I'm abou 5'6 (167cms) and medium build and mystart weight was about 170pds (78kgs). I dropped down to 112 pds (51kgs) which was actually under the "healthy" range for my height and I looked AWFUL. All stick thin with bones poking out and no curves. *shudders at memory*. I regained a few pounds and am now at what I feel is my "comfortable" weight which is around 124-126 pds (56/57kgs). Thats still at the lower end of the range, but i'm happy here. I can maintain it easily and my headspace is a lot better...no more obsessing and stressing and fanatical exercise!

I guess it's just a matter of trial and error, but i'd definitely say go by how YOU feel. Use the ranges as a rough guide, but its YOUR body and only you know how you feel in it.

Livi
Old 04-05-2005, 09:58 AM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

Don't forget to consider age in there, also. What was a healthy weight in your 20s is too thin for your 50s.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #5  

I believe when you register at www.fitday.com you enter your age, height, etc. and in the charts area you enter your current weight and it will show you the range you are in, healthy, moderately obese, etc.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #6  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Yeah, I had gone to fit day a long time ago and tried that and they told me I was overweight and my husband was obese! Ugh! Well, thank you all so much for your input! I think that's a good idea.......go by how I feel. So far I'm feeling a lot better than when I started SB! I haven't weighed myself since my 3rd day into it but I feel a big difference already! It's really changed my whole attitude here lately! I'm much more fun to be around,lol! I was on my period when I started SB and when I weighed myself so 180 probably isn't an accurate weight(water weight,bloating,etc.) Anyways, thanks again, I love this board. Tara
Closed Thread