South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #1  

Default Phase I yogurt question

Hello all - I'm new to 3FC and SBD! I have read a few things about yogurt on this board and know it needs to be low in fat and sugar. I have some low carb yogurts from my previous forray into low carb, and wonder if they are OK to eat on SBD in Phase I? The fat is 3 grams, 1 gram sugar. They are the Dannon low carb type. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, Connie! On Phase 1 we're allowed plain fat-free yogurt only. Your low carb yogurts would be Ok once your on Phase 2. Check the updated food lists for Phase 1 and 2 in the Most Frequently Asked Questions section for more info.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:27 PM   #3  

Lightbulb

I know that the low fat plain yogut does not have much taste, but I found if I had a sweetner to it and other flavors like no sugar added vanilla extract and decaf instant coffee it actually taste good.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #4  

Thank you both!! I'll have to pitch the yogurt I have, then, it will be way past expiration by the time I'm on Phase II!
Old 04-04-2005, 10:27 PM   #5  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I put some DaVinci coffee syrup and chop walnuts in my ff yogurt. Tastes so good that when I am on PII I just keep doing that rather than buying the flavored yogurt.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I've been having fat free vanilla yogurt. It's sweetened with fruit. I know it's bad bad bad for phase 1, but I was finding my tummy was going INSANE.. I have issues with my tummy and should invest in some acidophilis, but since I'm poor.. yogurt helped. I was still losing, and I only did that for the last week of phase 1. Unfortunately for me, I'm allergic to aspartame, and splenda tends to make me ill as well.

-Aimee
Closed Thread