Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default March 29 & 30 (Tues/Wed)

GOOD MORNING!

Anyone back from the Easter break now? Or are you all still enjoying "Spring Break"? No rest for me! I am still busy with work, though I am back in the office for 2 weeks (but not really, as I am conducting training daily from 8-4 all next week!).

My weekend was OK - everyone around me is SICK. It's gross and I am avoiding them like the plague to not get sick myself! Since I can't take cold meds or immodium, it's not optimal for me to expose myself. Bad enough at work! Yuck.

Lots happening in the world, eh? So was the finger in the Wendy's Chili enough to turn you all off of fast food for the next decade? Worked for me. I am not going to be having anything like that again. Ground beef was already turning me off enough, but now this!! Yikes.

Well, I am now 25 weeks (as per my sig today). 15 to go. I am HUGE I tell you it's like it popped and wouldn't stop! DH took a pic last night and I'll post it for you to see. You'll freak out. Def all my weight has been gained in the belly. It's like I swallowed a basketball. I am also carrying really low so I hope that it just moves up over the next three months so I am a little more even!

We still can't decide on names...if you have any name faves please feel free to post. Any new ideas will be good. I have a few faves but they don't align with DH!!!

OK come out and play. And newbies, come join the every-other-day thread!! If it's support you want, it's support you've got!!
Old 03-29-2005, 12:35 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle I didn't hear about a finger in chili OMG!
I can't believe you're so far along!! I'm so excited!! names hmmm most of the names I like are Ethnic irish names
James is at home with a migraine today I wish I was at home feeling massively crappy
easter was insane and I was surrounded by smokers so my leftover bronchitis isn't doing too well
I think I'm goign to catch a cat nap @ lunch I will bbl!
Kier
Old 03-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Yeah, I am getting a little frustrated with the world today...first the whole thing with the feeding tube and then a finger at Wendy's. What is going on? I am doing my best to do good in this world but sometimes I get so darn depressed with this kind of stuff.
I had a really hard run today, maybe it is because I had easter candy for breakfast . I am trying to getting this eating thing back on track. I am exercising at least. I am back from spring break and ready to get back on track.
Belle- I can't remember if it is going to be a boy or girl. But um how about Emma, Annabelle, Emily, Bradley, Ryan, Megan, Xavier, Grace just to name a few. I always pick out this really great name and forget it, hehe. What are the names you guys are already thinking of?

Well I have to get back to work. I am still trying to get back in work mode from spring break. This past weekend was a little hard because my husband's brother committed suicide in July and Easter wasn't too great with his fam. Just trying to keep a good attitude but I just want to mope. hehe

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

JKB
Old 03-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Those are all good suggestions (Kier, send your ethnic names! I love Liam) - DH wants Mortimer (if it's a boy - we don't know and aren't finding out). You can see where we differ...yikes!! He did want Ash for a boy...but our last name is....Hall. So he'd be Ash Hall. Say that fast. @*******!! Hee hee. He obviously hadn't thought of that. I can see the baby name book will likely accompany us to the hospital.

Yeah, with the feeding tube thing, my 6 year old neice slept over on the weekend and helped herself to TV in the wee hours before we were up and watched the news on that. Well, when I got up she had many a question. They were really hard to answer. "Why would anyone starve another person"? "How can they let her die"? Etc... I just wanted to say - cuz they're idiots! But that isn't good enough for her. That's a lot for a 6 year old to digest. I am 29 and it's a lot.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:47 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey gals!

Well this weekend was kind of rough, but I managed to get through it ok. Back to work, and I have to start concentrating more.

Belle - I like Madison, Madeline, Abagail, and Hannah for girls names and Wesley, Christopher, Connor, and Tucker (Tuck) as boys names. My friend has a son named Orion and they call him "O" all the time. I didn't like the name at first, but now I really love it. Its really different and it fits him perfectly. DH and I have already decided if we ever have a boy, we will name him Wesley Lowell (Lowell is DH's middle name). I'm pushing for Madeline if we ever have a girl

Kier - Ugh I know how you feel about being around smoke. I can't even breathe after aeven an hour of being around it. I hope you feel better!

JKB - way to go with the exercise. I'm having trouble finding any motivation for that lately.

Well, I'm sick too. It sucks. I've been sick for a week. I slept until 11am today, called in sick, got here around 2. Been here for almost 4 hours, I'm going to go home soon, but I have school work to do too... argh! I need a vacation

I only lost .8 last week, but I let my emotions get the better of me on more than one occasion. However, since the wake I've been finding it hard to even get in all my points. I just don't feel like eating at all. Some of that probably has to do with the fact that I'm sick too.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #6  

modkitten- be careful with eating. After my brother-in-law committed suicide in July by husband and I just started binging. We didn't even care about the consequences. It just seemed like all that was good and comforting was food. I always thought I wouldn't eat in distress, I guess I was wrong. But you don't need to be starving yourself either. Just watch out for extreme eating or not eating. I am so sorry again.

Belle- How can you guys wait to know the sex? It would kill me. Are you decorating the baby room and how are you doing it. You dh needs to rethink that mortimer and ash thing..lol. I started laughing out loud at the ash hall thing...hehe. If you really want different names maybe look up historic greek names or Irish names, I am sure they have tons of stuff on the web. And by the way, why can't we all think like a six year old? Even though she is six she is smart enough yet innocent enough to understand why in the heck people would starve anyone. I don't really understand anything. It is really hard to digest.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:21 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

I take it that your line "it's really hard to digest" was no pun intended! Yeah, I know. Julie just didn't get why anyone would do that. I guess the pope is now on a feeding tube. Perhaps he should speak out (again, no pun intended since he can't actually speak) for Terri. After all, should they pull his feeding tube and life support? Who decides if his life is more important than hers?

We did decorate the baby's room. I wanted a light robin egg blue regardless of which gender. Blue is the most relaxing colour (proven!). I wouldnt' have done a pink room if it was a girl either way. And I am not crazy about green, as our entire condo was green! I am greened out. Yellow stimulates baby. My room was blue growing up, and I loved it. Anyway, the bedding has funky animals on it and some spirals and stars in browns and yellows, which we're going to paint along the walls (stamps, actually). It has some girraffes and imaginary animals as well. It's really cute - baby but not too "cutsie". The wood on our crib and change table is light coloured (it's a "sleigh" crib). We just need a rocking chair now!! I love to rock the kids. I used to wake Julie up in the night, about 1 hour after she was asleep, and cuddle her in the rocker. That was the only time she would cuddle me!! She wasn' much of a cuddler. Now she is a leach and too big for me to carry around. Carmen is not cuddly unless her mother isn't around, then she is cuddly. And baby Genevieve (who turns one on April 11) is TOTALLY cuddly. She snuggles in a lot. It's very cute.

WEll, enough about my neices!!

Lori - down .8 is down .8!! Good for you. That's like half of what my baby weighs!! Wesley is a family name for us. We use it as first and middle names. Grampa was Henry Wesley, uncle Ron Wesley, cousin Darren Wesley and Garrett Wesley, 2 unlcles are just Wesley (no middle names). It's a good strong name and not too popular!! I like Madeline too.

JKB - I really like Xavier but my DH is firmly against it. As his name has four syllables, he wants a shorter name for his kids (feels it was difficult to have a four syllable name). I pointed out that Mortimer has three. Morty Hall. Yuck.

I have sooooo much work to do and I am completely unmotivated. Plus I have to give a speech at an event on the weekend, so it's not like I'll get any reprieve.

So I have this acquantance that works here and I've mentioned her before, she is always competeing with me about weight. WEll, I was walking yesterday and she wanted to come. First thing she asked was how much weight I gained. She was trying to tell me I can still watch my weight and lose weight when pg. I was so pissed off. She's never been pg, or known anyone pg. I freaked on her and told her to go read a book on pg so she wasn't so ignorant. I dont' think that went over very well, but I've had it with her and I don't mind cutting her out. It's just harder to do with someone in the office, you know? Mat leave will help with that!!

Anyway, must go. BBL
Old 03-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey Gals,

Well Easter was a bust for us. My idiot bro was being an idiot and we all got in a huge fight with him. Spent half of the day crying and the other half of the day mad. Couldn't wait for them to go home. Fortunately we had our big Easter meal on Saturday. I ate way too much and have been eating Easter candy ever since. Argh. Since my brother was here I've just been drained and not sleeping well (again). Oh well. The sun is finally shining here today. It has been so cloudy lately. Work is insane this week. A good thing since the winter was so slow.

Belle, I love thinking about names. I even have a list saved on www.babynames.com There is also a cool site where you can see how popular a name has been in the last 100 years. The addy for it is: http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html
I used to have a duck named Mortimer - I named him that b/c I thought he was ugly and I din't like the name -LOL! I think there are too many Madison's/Madelyn's in the world now so i would go with Madigan - You can still call her Maddy but its still unique. Also I love the names Amedee or Amalie - kinda like Emily but unique or Eimile which is pronounced Em-ee-la. For ethinic names a great site is:
http://www.20000-names.com/ They break them down into ethinicites and give origins etc. Another cool site is: http://www.namenerds.com/ They are against common names. The site is sometimes hard to navigate but interesting. I really love the names Blythe and Sawyer right now - Blythe female and Sawyer could be either. Of course my DH says he hates the name sawyer and loves the name Pascal! Also my Great Grandmother's middle name was Sophya (not sophia but with the Y being pronounced) which I love too. I know I'm a loser! I have no idea when we're having kids but I dream about it alot. When ourturn comes to pick a name it will be interesting b/c dh & I have completely different taste. He generally ikes conservative common names and I like names like mine - different but not weird and known but not really common. Anyway there's my two cents! LOL

Lori congrats on the loss!

I spent all my time talking about names and now I've no time to respond to you all. I hope you're having a great OP day!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:56 PM   #9  

rhubarb- you seem so stressed out. I wish life was better and you can chill out. I understand about the family stuff. This was the first Easter I spent away from my family which was a little wierd but guess what I ended up having a good day with my husband and his family and I didn't feel bad at all. That is what usually happens with me as well. My husband and I can't take it anymore. I am so sorry. It has taken severe counseling to realize that my family needs to help me and not tear me down.

Belle- lol..there was definetly no pun intended. I have been thinking about all of this a lot, I guess you can't help it because it is on the news anymore. I don't understand what is playing God, is a feeding tube a miracle from God or are we playing God by putting it in. I know this is not philosophical website but I just don't know what is going on in the world anymore.
I love my niece too! She is 1 1/2 and the cutest little girl in the world. Her name is Emma. She doesn't cuddle too much either but I can catch her on a good mood I eat it up. I am her favorite aunt..hehe. She just loves me because she likes my dog. She goes around the house saying woof woof..hehe. Okay enough about that..hehe.

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday. Allergies are kicking my butt and I had a stupid ladies doctors appt today. So i had wendy's...i know so bad and oh my gosh, it just hit me, but they found that finger at Wendy's didn't they....lol...woops. That teaches me not to eat junk. Crap!
Closed Thread