Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Monday & Tuesday (March 7/8)

No post yet today? What is UP??

Tonight is Duran Duran!! Wow, I am so lame...but it'll be a blast!!
Old 03-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle I WANNA GO!!!!
this weekend was hectic errands and computer repairs bleh! we went to the racetrack saturday night ( we wanted to do something different) we won $13 But i don't think I want to go back there. There is such an air of desperation about the place. Sunday we had a cozy Dinner at a Thai Restaurant. I have to find out points. Today I'm pretty wiped
OH! I found a really good bread that is 1 pt for 2 slices Beefsteak light Rye
Come out and play ladies!
Old 03-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!

Good evening, ladies! I'm just sitting here in my cubicle, drinking some of that Cambell's Soup At Hand. It's what I've been living on lately. That, and microwave popcorn. Either way, I'm doing something right--every time I weigh myself, I'm down a lb or more! I'm glad it's coming off so fast, but I sort of wish it wasn't, because I'm afraid that I won't be able to maintain it. I'm also feeling much more confident, which I think shows.

Not much has been happening. Top-Secret Work Boy and I were supposed to do something on Saturday, but he didn't call me until 8 and I was already out shopping with my best friend, Brandi. We actually had a great time, so I didn't mind TSWB not calling.. I wasn't going to call him (because I don't think he's that into me), but I'm weak and called him tonight. But I didn't let him get away with his bad behavior. I told him that I was getting the impression that he's not that into me and that I won't tolerate boys not calling when they're supposed to. He says he's totally in to me, and that he worked 87 hours last week, so I let it slide this time. He actually brought up what's going to happen when he leaves (which could be as early as Saturday) and how we're going to try to make this work. He was very nice and I was totally impressed, I just hope he's not just saying what he thinks I want to hear. I've read "He's Just Not That Into You" and I'm trying to implement the standards the authors encourage you to expect boys to live up to. I'm not quite there yet, but I think I'm making great progress.

Anyway, that's about all that's been going on lately for me. I worked a 12-hour shift last night that was so boring it was almost lethal. Tonight, I'm back to 10-hour shifts (at least until Saturday, which will be a 12-hour night). I can't believe that I'm going to have to do this until almost May. Yuck.

Belle--I don't think you're lame--I'd love to go see Duran Duran. Hope you have fun, and be careful!

Kieriekins--I've never been to the race track, but I know exactly what you mean about that feeling of desperation. It's all a little bit sad.

OK, sugarplums, I gotta get some more work done. I'll try to pop in again tomorrow night.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Jess - in my humble opinion, if he brought it up, then he's into you (haven't read the book, just from experience) so that is totally good. In re: to your other post a while back about trusting him, and being burned before...I know it's hard, and this guy might not be the one...but he might! So at some point you have to let yourself be vulnerable again. I know it's hard. My dad is Mr. Cheat himself (he's going on wife #3) and I have dated liars and cheaters...but I almost lost DH b/c I was suspicious of him all the time. I finally had to let myself be vulnerable, b/c although you might end up hurt, you also might find true love - and you can't do that if you shut yourself off. You deserve to be loved Jess!!! You deserve happiness!!

On that note, I certainly wouldn't kick Simon Le Bon out of bed for aging! THe concert was FABULOUS!!! I'll write more later....
Old 03-08-2005, 10:52 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hello My Gorgeous Chicklets
(I'm caffienated can you tell?)

JESS YOU CALLED ME KIERIEKINS! awww A big Bravo for you lady on being down various Pounds esp when eating soup at hand (This Chick has to stay away from Salt or I'm two ton tessie) you'll tweak back to a more normal regime when you're back on days but you know what for right now it works and thats great.
As for TSWB thats awesome that he is thinking of a romance contigency plan! I agree with Belle at some point you have to be vulnerable
I always prided myself on keeping guys at a distance and I always ended up burnt. You can be Vulnerable and still keep him on his toes.
Belle I always loved the redhead but SImon is HOT! sigh I want to see if I can get U2 tix for october I'm goign to call my sis and see if she can do the callign for the tix

I feel thinner I don't know if the scale reflects it BUT I put on a pair of pants last night that I bought but could squeeze into (Button didn't reach hole) BUT! I tried them on last night and although it was Snug it buttoned!
Now I can fasten most of my bras on the tightest setting So I'm rounding the corner from 40 to 38 yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You guys are one of the highlights of my day. I couldn't see getting through without you!
Love
Kier
Old 03-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Kier! I just saw this on the CBC news. So, our Prime Minister can swangle U2 into playing our capital, but they aren't coming to Calgary (at least, not on this leg of the tour). GAH! U2 and politics!!?? Somehow I doubt our premier could get them out here...

Ali you could go!!

U2 coming to Ottawa after call from Martin
Last Updated Tue, 08 Mar 2005 09:51:26 EST
CBC Arts

OTTAWA - Irish rockers U2 have added a stop in Ottawa to their upcoming Vertigo world tour after getting a persuasive phone call from Prime Minister Paul Martin.

The conversation took place last month, when radio station BOB-FM was calling on Martin to use his friendship with U2 lead singer Bono to the city's advantage.

Bono and Paul Martin appear at last year's Liberal convention. (CP file photo)
As coincidence would have it, Bono just happened to call Martin right before the station started lobbying him. The two have worked together to alleviate Third World debt since Martin was finance minister.

By the time Martin returned Bono's call, the campaign was in full swing and Martin told the vocalist about it.

According to Martin spokesperson Melanie Gruer, Bono said he was eager to add Ottawa to the tour.

"Another promise made, another promise kept," Gruer jokingly told the Canadian Press on Monday, repeating the Liberal slogan used during the unveiling of the federal budget.

U2 is known for hits like Beautiful Day and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, although Bono's work on behalf of numerous causes now threatens to eclipse the band's musical legacy.

In fact, in November 2003 Bono was the keynote speaker at the Liberal convention that saw Martin assume the party's leadership.

U2 has added 33 cities to the fall leg of the Vertigo tour, including Ottawa on Nov. 25.

The band will also play two dates in Toronto and one in Montreal, as well as a previously announced Vancouver show.

The group is currently rehearsing at Vancouver's GM Place to prepare for the tour, which kicks off at the end of the month in San Diego.

The Prime Minister's Office says Martin hopes to attend the Ottawa gig.

BOB-FM will temporarily rename itself PAUL-FM in Martin's honour on Nov. 25 to acknowledge his help.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:41 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Congrats on your non-scale victories Kierie!! That is so awesome - you go girl!!
Old 03-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Help girls. I need some encouragment. I got really sick this weekend, I guess I had a stomach virus. Now I can't get myself back to the gym....I need some motivation. I am trying to think that I can do it, i can do it. I didn't even lose any weight this weekend. blah. Hope you are guys are doing well.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals, Eating was crap yesterday. Today will hopefully be better. Its hard to cut sodium from the diet. I love soup and during the week would eat lots of canned for lunches. Unfortunately now that my BP is up I'm trying not to eat them. Its hard finding a quick easy replacement. Any suggestions? Seems like all quick stuff is high in sodium. Even bagels

Super excited b/c tonight I'm leaving work early so I can go see the fabuous Mr. Billy Klippert in concert with Soul Decision. Its going to rock!! I can't wait. He is sooo talented and super nice. If you haven't yet checked him out I highly reccommend it. (www.billyklippertonline.com)

I heard that about our PM yesterday too. Nice to know he has such important things to do. Change the world? Nah let's just get U2 to our capital city. LOL

Not time to respond to everyone today. Take care girls!
Old 03-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

JK - are you well enough? If you lack energy you might still be fighting it off and a fever is still present, you shouldn't be exercising at all.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Belle- I still feel a little queazy, I guess. But I am so afraid I am going to lose everything I have been working on, and once I stop I tend to stop for a while.. ARgh...I just have to see tomorrow. I don't want to pass out at the gym so I will wait. thanks for the reply.

JKB
Old 03-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Belle: Well they haven't come to Ottawa since 1985. A radio station here did a huge petition and got Paul Martin in on the action. Tomorrow the station will be called Paul FM to thank him. But it sucks it isn't coming to Calgary...

Blue Rodeo is coming in May yah!

I am also going ring shopping on Friday so double yah.

My eating has sucked over the last couple of days... I am stressing over a few things.

Take care!

Ali
Closed Thread