Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #1  

Default Skinny co-workers making me sick..oh.and pms :0

Hi all...
Gosh..I am doing ok on WW, but it is soooo hard sometimes. I've worked the last three nights and have had to endure a night of pizza, a night of cup cakes for someone's birthday, and lastnight it was potato chips galore with mountain dew... Errrrrr....it's so unfair when some of my 'skinny' co-workers can gobble down 5 cup cakes and not gain a pound...I gain a pound or two..just looking at the darn things! It makes me feel good when I resist them in a way....but it also makes me feel so frustrated that I can't eat any of that stuff....(well..actually I could...but I don't need to blow all my points on that stuff).
My scale was actually up two pounds today....but it is my pms week and I always gain a ton of water weight right before....does anyone else have problems with this? I have pcos and endometriosis, so my periods are always terrible and very painful...hopefully I'll be able to get thru it without my "comfort food". I think the pcos is what's making me so resistant to weight loss....but I guess I'll just keep plugging away at it. Thanks for listening everyone...
Luv,
Round'
Old 03-02-2005, 06:49 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yep- I hear ya! I used to work in a place where they had a staff birthday party once per month which were mandatory to attend and of they course served huge cakes. There were always doughnuts in the kitchen and chocolates/candy dishes at everyone's desks.

It is so hard to say no, then if you do say no to birthday cake every asks why not?

My strategy was to tell them I was full from lunch, or that I could only have a teeny slice since I get headaches if I eat too much sugar - that one got me out of the doughnuts and candies too

I find it helps to think in a positive term too - instead of saying "I can't have that!" I tell my self "I can have that if I wan't but I don't really need it".

It is quite normal to have weight gain during PMS - you get bloated and it shows on the scale, but then the following week it will be gone.

If you need chocolate for your PMS then try a diet hot chocolate or a fat free chocolate pudding. I usually crave crunchy salty stuff so I have some lower salt triscuits with low fat cheese to get by - usually does the trick!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

While there are times I forego these items I will look at my day/week and see if I can fit one into my day. Depriving myself constantly makes me want it more. Or the other thing that I do is take a 3"x3" slice or 1 cup cake and have 1 or 2 bites and count that and toss the rest in my office.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:29 PM   #4  

I agree with the positive attitude and portion control! I do my worst when I find myself saying, "I want it, but I can't have it!" It's much better to take control over it and say, "It's my choice to only have a couple of bits." It takes will power, but that way, you can have your cake and eat it too!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah, there are times when I just have to have something and nothing else will do. The other night I had a craving and tried to ignore it for over an hour.

I finally decided that if I can't get it out of my head after that long I will go and have it. So I had about 3 bites and then said "I'm done" put it back in the fridge and walked away. It worked
Closed Thread