Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-22-2005, 08:31 AM   #1  

Question question about running

Is there an advantage, disadvantage or neutral result if one runs 1 mile in the morning and 1 mile in the evening rather than 2 miles at one setting?
MsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:51 AM   #2  

It depends what your goal is. If your goal is to burn calories then it's fine to do that. If you want to increase your endurance it doesn't quite work as well. You will have an increase in endurance over time, but your endurance would probably increase more if you tried to run the 2 miles at once.
Alisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #3  
Giving it a try (again)

Working out twice a day is great! Just don't hurt yourself. I usuall run once a day five days a week. I started with shorter distances but over the months I have been able to run further. Watch out though it's addictive. Check out www.runningroom.com or www.coolrunning.com these sites will provide you with a lot of information. Check out the cool runners thread there are quite a few runners around.

Good luck!
fannie~annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:52 PM   #4  

Thanks for the information. At this point I am just starting a regular program of exercise and running/jogging seems a good place to start. I will e a s e into it.

MsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 05:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Some people might say that it'll rev your metabolism at two separate points which is a good thing but net calories burned are the same and like the previous posters pointed out for endurance you might want to try two miles at once.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote