Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #1  

Post Discouraged newbie

Hi all. I joined today hoping some company would help me out some. Background-I was a normal to slim weight person until I was 30 and had to have neck surgery. That left me with some physical limitations. I guess it's a combination of that,age(46),and emotional eating that has put 40 pounds on my big butt. I've concluded that I'm addicted to the feel good buzz that sugar gives me. I've tried about every diet out there and sometimes suceed in losing for a while. I think this time I'm going to try what has worked best for me in the past,which is counting calories,walking,and watching the fat and sugar.
Yo-yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:20 PM   #2  

Hi!! I have a suggestion, maybe just try changing one bad habit every month, or week or so.
Gitterdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #3  

Talking great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitterdone
Hi!! I have a suggestion, maybe just try changing one bad habit every month, or week or so.

That is a fantastic idea. This week I am going to say goodbye to brisket. Do you know how much fat is in brisket. Being a texas native this one is going to hurt but geez um peez that stuff is fattening.
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #4  
singletrack chick

cut down on sugar first. cutting down on sugar makes it so much easier to eat right and stay healthy. you'll do less crash eating (eating something sugary, then feeling hungry again in 45 minutes and pigging out. i'm sure you are farmiliar with this phenomenon ) you'll have less cravings, and you'll gain more energy in the long run. i find that the more sugar i consume, my diet just gets worse and worse until i cut back on my sugar intake again. then i start eating healthy again and craving more healthy foods. good luck.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Eat more often, 5-6 meals/day with a carb and a protein serving at each meal...

It could be cottage cheese with a fruit, 4oz chicken with brown rice and a large salad, eat food with lots of fiber they keep you fuller longer...

Go it one meal at a time, one minute at a time some days... but just do it!! Baby steps count...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:30 PM   #6  
Registered Loser

Hi: This my first post. I just joined today. I started dieting in December. I have suffered from depression and obesity for what seems like forever. I feel as if I have truly changed my mind this time. I feel immensely confident that I can really lose the weight and keep it off. What has changed for me this time is my own mind set. I am beginning to believe that the real battle starts there. For me it was a choice between committing suicide by my own eating habits and choosing to live. I choose life!! I know I am being all preachy but I feel like a completely changed woman!!

Jenny
Mornings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:24 PM   #7  

Wow, I cannot believe how many people out their are saying what I am feeling. I was always just on the edge of plump and fat until about 6 or 7 years ago, humm right around the time I started living with my now husband. lol This last year I went from 180 to 160 in about 2 months, but I just didnt keep it off. I stopped weighting myself and then realized a few weeks back my clothes were tight again! I stepped on the scale last sat night for the first time since aug and saw that I had put back on all but 5 of what I lost. Slap in the Face! well, this time I am going to do everything right. Before I lost the weight by diet alone, but now for the first time in 7 years I am going to get back into exercise! I once loved running, I ran twice a week before school. I was never fast but it felt good.
I wanna feel good again
palemoonnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #8  
Phil 4:8

hello ladies,
jenny i just read your post. i want to thank you for being so honest. you made yourself vey vunerable by sharing. i to was feeling like you were. i chose life. it is a great big wonderful world out there. we are just one tiny speck. but never the less we are out there to choose life can be a hard decision when you are in the darkness. being in the light is much more rewarding. taking the first step and coming here is great. i know you will suceed in your journey because of your mind set. one small step an a time. goood luck in your journey. it will be fabulous.

yo-yo
here i am. i'm out here. thanks for taking that first step. welcome. it took courage to step out of your comfort zone. i know it wasn't easy. but you did it HORAY girl. it didn't hurt to much did it? i hope not. i am not using a certain plan. i to have been on numerous plans and diets. only to gain the weight back plus more. it is all about smart and healthy food choices, portions, water, and exercise. things we all know but just don't follow. it starts out great and just falls by the way side. for me i just told myself this is the year i'm going to become healthy. i have spent the last 2 decades being unhealthy. now i will spend the rest of my life becoming healthy. I hope you have peace in your decision to get healthy. it's hard work but the pay off is fantastic. have a great evening and a better tomorrow.
kind regards,
mary m
craftymom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:15 AM   #9  
Beauty is within...

Hi Yo-yo

I've been told that the sugar craving is your energy level dropping. So I was taught that the key is to eat carbohydrates that are slow burning. For me it's worse in the afternoon. So I make sure to have something on hand when I do the after school run. I'm finding that if I watch what I eat, and keep regular meals, that I can get through those times a lot easier. I find WW meusli bars are really good. And fruit and nuts are good. Almonds and dates are great if you feel like snacking.

Good luck!
LoseForLife is offline   Reply With Quote