Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-09-2005, 11:59 AM   #1  
Jen

Question How Many Calories Do You Think I Burn?

I'm a framer. I usually spend about 1 hour in total doing work which requires me to stretch and bend forward about 3 feet and back and I lift around large but not heavy items (most of the time I stand fairly still, but over a 6 hr shift I am doing the bending and lifting about an hour in total). Then when I'm home I rarely sit down. I am always cleaning and doing laundry...general housework stuff.

Do you think I burn at least 150 calories just doing these things everyday?

Jen
beaglefanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #2  

Jen- I'm not sure on your total calorie used number. BUT, it is atleast double of what you have mentioned and probably more than 300......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #3  

Jen,
I can about bet your are way higher than that. Yesterday I went to our local Walmart and bought one of those step calculator things which also tells me how many calories I burn while I am walking, today I walked on the treadmill 1 mile and did 1 mile of "Walk away the pounds" not all at the same time, I had to take a break on the treadmill, (I have an 8 week old baby who woke up),then just your average walking to get a bottle,putting the pacifier back in ( haha ) doing laundry etc, and I didn't put it on my ankle until I was 1/2 way done with the DVD (I forgot I had it), anyways to make a long story short, I burned a whopping 1,362 calories in 2007 steps, so you probably do way more than what I did so far today with all your bending and stretching. If you get a chance buy yourself one of these cool little things, I only paid $3.88 ( I think that's how much it was, it was 3 something) for it, it is such a motivator for me today, I keep doing things to watch the numbers go up. LOL... Good Luck.
jamy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #4  

OH MY GOSH,
WHAT A BLONDE MOMENT I just had ( literally I am a natural blonde),
I totally read my gadget wrong, it was 136.2 calories, not 1,362 calories. I was soooooo excited thinking wow this is easy this time around to exercise, hahahaha.
Sorry............
God Bless,
Jamy
jamy3 is offline   Reply With Quote