PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:58 AM   #1  
I'm Praying for a Miracle

S/C/G: 232/196/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default HELP! I need guidance please

HI

IM 31 trying to get pregnant
I need to lose 25 lbs right now and 25 later.. says doctor..

I have pcos.
They said best to follow 5 small meals a day..
I work full time with a 40 minute commute..

Any suggestions what to follow?
I need help. I tried doing low carb in the past.. It would make me want to vomit.. NO lie after 2 weeks on it. yes i lost weight. but that was becasue i was not eating..

Any suggestions on what i should follow? I NEED TO FOLLOW A PLAN!
or im never going to get pregnant. Im getting desperate..

Thanks so much..
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:19 PM   #2  

Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina but grew up in Savannah Ga

Hi Ameg,
I am in the same situation as you are. I am 26 and am trying to get pregnant. I started the Total Lean Diet from GNC with my doctors approval. It is an all natural pill that you take three times a day. There is a morning pill, afternoon pill and and evening pill. I also keep my caloric intake under 1500 calories a day. In just the past week and a half, I have lost 7 lbs. My goal is to lose 3 to 4 lbs a week, but this weekend was a little hard. I also do Ti Bo, walk every other day, Yoga, and Drink at least 64 oz. of water a day. I hope this has helped you in some way. Keep me posted on your success. This site has really been a Great help for me.

Good Luck,
Amy
AmyVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:31 PM   #3  

Hi Amy.
3 to 4 lbs a week. wow thats a lot!
IM shooting for 2lbs a week.. starting after week 2.. im hoping this first week, i lose at least 6! lol.. water weight i know. but hey i dont care as long as its not on me.

Im so happy 7 lbs. is AWESOME> Good for you!
Hey keep me posted. I would love to keep in touch.and have somene whos on the same track as me?
If your interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM going to drink 32oz of water a day this week and move up more next week..

my email is [email protected] if you want to email

Have a great day.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #4  

Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina but grew up in Savannah Ga

Good Morning Anne M.( I hope thisis your name) I got it from the IM adding.
I just wanted to keep you posted on my weight loss and Dr. Visit. I went to the Dr. yesterday, and he was impressed with the Weight Loss, he did say that Total Lean is a good Diet, because it is an ALL natural pill. He did perscribe me Clomid, and told me to use it when ever I am ready to get pregnant. He also told me that I do NOT have the cysts( which I am so happy to hear), but if I do not lose the weight the sondition could worsen. Well I will talk to you on IM if you are online when I am. Hope you have a great day.
Amy
AmyVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:04 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Hi ameg, I modified your email address so it wouldn't get picked up by spambots. If you post your email address in public places, they get harvested by automated spam harvesters. As for a good diet plan - what kinds of food do you like? If you don't like a diet with forbidden foods, I'd suggest Weight Watchers. I always found it easy to follow. Body For Life is a great program, also.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:54 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone..
Just an update on me..
Well i been following Slim fast.. morning shake, small snack, lunch shake, small snack and normal dinner.. im down a total of 11 lbs.. (6 from slim fast) so IM going to work with this.. Im the type of person. .that if given 1 piece of bread i have to have 2.. but given none im ok.. So I jut STAY away from foods im not suppose to eat or cant control..

Thats my update. Oh im going to Disney world in July.. So thats another bonus for me to lose my giggle. Maybe i wont be biki wear.. but i will be happier wearing a tank top!

Have a GREAT day!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #7  

Hang in there, the more you keep dedicated to your diet the better you will do. I put a picture of myself when I was thinner on my fridge door and wrote on it "my goal". Remember "seconds on the lips forever on the hips". Also if you fall today you have tomorrow to pick yourself up, and start over again.
rocityroc is offline   Reply With Quote