Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 12:39 AM   #1  

Thumbs down

Hello girls....i am up late doing laundry!!! dh informed me around 9:30 that he was out of pants! i could have sworn i did them..oh well...

glad to hear everyone had a lovely mothers day...dh and the boys took me out to a late lunch/early dinner..i believe that would be called linner?? i wanted seafood, we went to a place where my mother had worked for years and her sister still works there...she waited on us..i had the pan fried snapper, in a little lemon butter, with shredded crab meat on top..yum yum...then for my gift, i got to go pick evan out bedroom furniture?? dh said it makes me happy to shop, so that is what he let me do...i feel a little ripped off...anyway, one of the summer musicals here is the best little whorehouse in texas with anne margaret..i think i will get tickets for me and my mother and that will be our gift...

theresa - hope your sisters move goes well..you will have to let me know where she is ending up...the community theatre is putting on the wizard of oz..i am thinking about taking charlie.

viv - i am thinking good thoughts for your dad keep us posted on his progress, and try not to exhaust yourself while you are there.

laurie - my insurance doesn't pay for the meridia...bummer...i am only going to be on it for 6 months...this week will make 6 weeks on it, i weigh in the morning to see what i have lost..so far...13lbs....you have to follow an eating plan while taking it..the "meridia high" pretty much wears off after the first week..i lost 7lbs the first week! since then, i have been dropping 1-2lbs per week...i haven't had any side affects, except for dry mouth, but that makes me get in my water for the day...i am doing ediets with it, and so far i really like it..it helps alot with my cravings and portion control...let me know what you decide to do.

hi cindy - how is your knee? did you get back the tests from your doctor? i hope everything was okay.

hey jill - congrats on your loss...we are suppose to hit the 90's this week! my pool heated up to 88 all by itself today..summer is a coming...everything i now plant here is drought resistant and native to texas, much safer that way.

well, i will check in tomorrow for the weigh in total....charlie has a kid to kid tour in the morning at the elementary school he will be attending...and he lost another tooth last night! that makes 2 and he just turned 5!

gotta go, the buzzer just went off..

nite..robin
Old 05-15-2001, 09:15 AM   #2  

Default Robin, the laundry never ends does it?

It must multiply in the night! LOL. Laundry is on my list of things to do today. Housework in general, the place is a wreck from the reunion and I was gone yesterday taking a child with tonsolitis to the doctor. We chose to get the chewable medicine and what a mistake! he is a picky eater anyway and this medicine is triggering his gag reflex no matter how we chew it, break it into pieces to swallow or grind it into jello. I'll call the dr when they open and get the liquid version called in.
Eating was ok at the reunion we hosted-only over 1.5 points for the weekend-then I ate everything that wasn't nailed down yesterday! Back OP today, though! Better get off the computer and tackle the house-my internet time is on a diet also-LOL Leslie
Old 05-15-2001, 09:20 AM   #3  
LIFETIMER

Hi,

Laurie-welcome home----its been awhile. WHat have you been up to? and don't you live around the DC area?

Robin-we have some hot days too. My plants are taking a major beating. WOW, 2 teeth gone for Charlie already. Can you see his permanent teeth yet?

I went to an award/dinner last night with our daughter, she graduates with an Elementary and Special Ed degree from college this saturday. anyway she got recognized for having received a $300 student teacher scholarship, this money is paid directly to the student, which they should use to start up their classroom. AND DH went to an award ceremony with our son and he got principal list, graduating in the top percent of his class with HONORS and also got a 4 year scholarship. It was a good night here. LOL

later

cindy
Old 05-15-2001, 11:07 AM   #4  

Default hello...

well...i weighed this morning and was down 1 1/2 lbs...that makes 14 1/2 in 6 weeks....and i am still walking 3-4 times per week..i got in my walk last night, so only 3 more to go.

cindy - i am sure you are very proud of your children, it sounds like the two of them have turned out great. where is your son going to college? charlie has 1/2 a tooth in already, that is the one he lost in february.

hi leslie - i hate laundry! charlie likes the chew pills, and i prefer them too..easier than giving the liquid.

gotta go..robin
Old 05-15-2001, 12:30 PM   #5  
Princess Buttercup

Hey!

I ordered a new pair of walking shoes from roadrunner.com (love internet shopping! ) .....they came yesterday sooooooo I've no excuse --- gotta walk that treadmill this afternoon.

Robin, good for you on the exercise routine! keep it up. I'm just curious what your daily tracker looks like. if you don't mind will you post one?!

Leslie, we just finished up a round of antibiotics for strep. ick!

Got my last load in the dryer! woo hoo!

Cindy, way to go on parenting! you should get the "Mom of the Year Award!"

Robin, wow! Charlie is already losing teeth?! it was funny, Stephanie (5 yrs) was trying to pull one of hers the other day.....she had string trying to wrap it around the tooth and tie the other end of the string to the door knob!

Hi Laurie, welcome back! missed you

Hi Lynn, Linn, Viv, Ellie and what ever happened to Mookies Mom?! ....anyone????

take care, Theresa
Old 05-15-2001, 04:55 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone!

Must be the Monday Laundry Blues for all of us. I just finished ours. LOL

Have two kids home with coughs and throats, but they are feeling better now than when it started last night, so back to school tomorrow for sure.

Cindy - CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH YOUR KIDS!!! What a wonderful evening you had! To bad you didn't have someone at each event taping it so you could watch each other. LOL

Robin - Guess that stuff is working that your taking. Don't you just love it when your DH says they forgot their stuff. Yesterday, DH calls me and says that he forgot his shoes to workout in. So of course I stopped everything and took his shoes over to the hospital for him to have. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

Laurie - Welcome Back! I was just asking about you a couple of weeks ago when Theresa was in town. We could have made it a threesome!

Leslie - I don't want to see laundry again till next week, what about you???? LOL

Theresa - I need a new pair of shoes to. Wish I could order those online, to pickey about how they fit. Besides I wear inserts. Oh well!

Well my Pampered Chef Show finally closed this morning! YEAH!!!!! Got a grand total of (drum roll please) $521.00. Unreal! I got everything I wanted totally free. LOVE PAMPERED CHEF!

Have a great evening and enjoy the weather.

Later,
Lynn
Old 05-16-2001, 01:14 PM   #7  
LIFETIMER

Hi,

Leslie-

Robin-CHristopher will go to a local college, its only about 2o minutes from home, and hopefully he will continue to live here. He wants to go into nursing, and NICHOLS STATE has the best Nursing program around. THey also have the BEST EDUCATION Dept. COngrats on losing again. Can you see the difference in your clothes yet? Have other people noticed you lost weight?

Lynn-Hope the kids are better today. You sure sold alot of pampered chef stuff. Good for you.

Theresa-ME---"mom of the year"???? I don't think so. LOL soooo did you walk yesterday?

cindy
Old 05-16-2001, 01:55 PM   #8  

Default a quickie...

i am suppose to be paying bills and straightening up the house....

cindy - yes, a friend of mine was over the other day and the first thing she noticed was that my face was smaller...as far as my clothes, my shorts are getting baggy..probably because i have lost my butt!! i carry most of my wt up top.....did theresa forward you my pic? i figured she might, i don't have your email addy anymore..lost it when the hard drive crashed. ...i sent her a pic of my new do...i got all my hair chopped off last night, the biggest difference was having it thinned out...i have very thick curly hair...well not anymore! it's like i have someone elses hair now...at least it's not in my face and it will be much cooler for the summer.

lynn - sounds like you raked it in on the pampered chef..i have never purchased a stone from them...when i want one, i have a party and get one for free...can't beat that.

gotta do my chores..later

robin
Old 05-16-2001, 03:33 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone!

Had a beautiful day here today! Been running around all day, from place to place.

Went to the vets first. Needed more meds for Foxy. She is having a rough time of it right now. Rachel took her for a walk about a week ago and forgot to use the harness instead of the leash and collar. So it pulled on her neck and her treacha is closing on her sometimes. The vet made a stink about me not bringing her in for a checkup and I told him with the doctors bills I have to pay right now, it just isn't in the picture to build another bill. So he finally broke down and gave the prescriptions for the meds. Hopefully this will help Foxy a little better and she can get back to normal.

Then I went to Bath and Body works and got myself some new stuff to smell good with. Having a $10 off $25 purchase that went out today did help in this purchase. LOL

Then I went to my favorite craft store. Didn't find anything crafty so I bought the newest issue of Rosie. Had a 40% off on it and can't see paying $3 for a magazine. I think that is such a rip off. Has anyone read her magazine yet???

Then I picked up the kids to find out that Rachel's High School had a second bomb threat in 3 days. They were dismissed outside of the school for 30 minutes and then let back in with shortened classes for the rest of the day. I hope they catch this kid that is doing this crap soon.

Well that's it for me today. Gonna go sit on my deck on my swing and read my magazine before the rain comes tonight.

Have a great evening everyone.

Later,
Lynn
Old 05-17-2001, 10:11 AM   #10  
LIFETIMER

Hi,

Robin-I have your e-mail (I think) so I will send you an e-mail so you can have my address. Yes, THeresa did send me the picture, she called yesterday and asked if I wanted to see your picture. OF COURSE! I said. LOL I like your hair cut, and you don't look like you have much weight to lose. Its so nice when people start to nitice that you are losing weight. Keep up the good work.

Lynn-sorry that the dog is not doing well. thats sad that kids scare other kids with bomb threats. there is a lot of that going on everywhere with school coming to a close. its good that the authorties check out each and every threat.

cindy
Old 05-17-2001, 01:59 PM   #11  

Default Catching up

Thanks everyone for welcoming me back.

Robin - I haven't started the Meridia yet. I need to check to see if I can get it through my prescriptions by mail through my office. What is ediets that you mentioned? Is there a web site where I can get more details? Congrats on your weight loss.

Cindy - That's impressive having 2 children excel like yours have. Congrats to them!

Didn't I read somewhere that you're coming to the DC area this summer? I remember we missed you last year. I hope you, Lynn and I can get together. When are you coming?

Theresa - My six year old daughter is anxious to have her baby teeth out too. One of her best friends is working on losing her 2nd tooth and that is driving Jessica crazy!

Lynn - Hope the kids are better. I'm sorry I missed getting together with you and Theresa. I've moved from Gaithersburg to Germantown. I'll send my new address to you.

I have to run to a meeting. Lunch time is over. Take care everyone!

Laurie
Old 05-17-2001, 03:15 PM   #12  

Default HEY...

I just had to ground charlie...why do kids do things after you have told them a million times not to???? i have a hard time following through, but not today..he is sitting on his bed with no tv or computer! kids......

cindy - very sweet of you to say i don't have much wt to lose..but i do...i have lost 14.5 and need to lose another 50 to get to a mini goal i have set..once there i will try to get to what my correct wt should be...i am beginning to like my hair more too...much cooler.

lynn - how was the rosie magazine? i didn't know she had one out. bomb threats..yikes!

laurie - ediets.com you can visit as a guest to see what they offer....it costs $10 a month, and you sign up for 3 months and can cancel at any time. i still like it...and is cheaper than ww.

i volunteered to do my home owners association newsletter, and i have a meeting with the board tonight at 5...i have never done one before, but am sure i can..how hard can it be...i now feel like i have a purpose (besides watching my children, cleaning house, doing laundry, cooking dinner...you know the rest)

hi viv ...in case you're lurking ...let us know how your dads surgery went..hope all is well.

gotta go check on my grounded child....i am trying to hold out for 30 minutes..he is only 5!

bye..robin
Old 05-17-2001, 05:13 PM   #13  

Hi Guys!

Well my parents finally did it and I got to put the sign on the lawn. The house is on the market!~! My mother is loosing what's left of her mind and my dad can't wait to go already. So now the fun really begins. LOL

Laurie - Your in my old stomping grounds now. Used to live off Great Seneca Runway (as we affectionately called it). Yes, we need to get together again. Hopefully this time with Cindy for something fun. She is coming in the 1st of June.

Cindy - Don't know about this bomb threat thing, but would love to meet the parents and see the kid that does this kind of thing to a school of 1600 kids. It's a sad world we live in when kids think this is just a prank.

Robin - All I have to say to you is, your days are numbered! LOL LOL LOL If you think Charlie is something now, wait for the teenage years. Crack down now so you don't have to later. It's worth taking the time with your kids while they are young. I'm really seeing the benefits of it in my two. They arn't like alot of todays kids that come home to an empty house and don't have anything better to do than to get into trouble.

Well, I think I'm going to go pass out on a bed or a couch. My girlfriend and I decided we both deserved a good stiff drink after being with my Mom. My stomach was a ball of nerves and hurt when we left. Oh well, it will all be over before I know it right. LOL

Did anyone watch West Wing last night??? What an ending and the way they brought that all up. GREAT SHOW!!! Now for Friends and ER!

Later,
Lynn
Old 05-18-2001, 07:53 AM   #14  
Princess Buttercup

Morning Everyone!

It's raining again......ugh! guess I shouldn't complain cause we need it bad.

I've done better this week following ww program....not perfect, but who is?! LOL I've set 2 mini goals for myself today.....one walking the treadmill and two drinking 8 waters....how can something so easy be so stinking hard?!

Well I've got today and tomorrow and that's it for my 30 yrs...... then I'll be OLD! I think my dh has something up his sleeve but not sure what. I asked him outa the clear blue the other night who was coming to my surprise party....... I could tell by the surprised look on his face he's up to something........

Went yesterday for my annual gyn check up and had a mammogram. hoping all the results come back good. think they will, haven't been having any problems.

Robin, you are soooooo cute! I love your new haircut. just think LOL you'll lose even more this week! maybe that's what I'll do, I'll run get my haircut tonight so I'll lose tomorrow at WW! ROFL

Wow! Lynn, bet that was like Christmas! I love kitchen gadget stuff. have fun playing. ---- how are your kids today? did they go to school? I've had terrible allergies this past week. which reminds me.....I need to go take something. I've been taking Allegra....but thinking I'll switch back to Claritin for a while.

Cindy, that's good he wants to be a nurse......there is a shortage now. tell him I'll send him my old nurses notes lol

Did you all save ALL you stuff (notes/books/papers) from college?! and if so, have you ever once gone back and looked at it since you packed it away?!

Laurie, my 5 yr old came to me last night and said look I'm growing a new tooth.......well sure enough....she's getting a new molar back there.....guess I forgot about 5 yr molars coming in......geez, I was so on top of that stuff with my first, but now I'm lucky to remember LOL --- hope you get a chance to meet up with Cindy this summer, she's a riot! I tell ya, I had the best time visiting her at Mardi Gras!

you all have a nice weekend. I'll do my best to check in and see what's up with you all.

take care, Theresa
Old 05-18-2001, 08:20 AM   #15  

Morning Everyone!

Well Theresa it's yucky here to! No rain, just cold and dismal. I could live without this. LOL

Would you believe that 5 hours after the sign was up at my Moms place a Chinese couple that live 5 houses away came over and wanted to look at it for their daughter to buy. They saw the house and another sister that lives in Germantown (with you Laurie lol) called my girlfriend to find out more. They may have already sold the place. UNREAL!!! When we were on the market 8 years ago it took up a year to sell our old place. The market is hot!!!!

That's the good news, then I called my mom to talk to her about it and she asked me if I could meet my brother (who is also moving at the same time to Ft. Myers, FL) this weekend so he can get a gas grill to take with him. He wants to buy it here and have it shipped there. I told her NO WAY! I said arn't there any grills to be bought in Florida. Now I'm a moving company. My van needs some servicing done to it and I haven't even had the chance to get it done. Oh well.

Gonna go have coffee with a couple of girlfriends this morning at Borders. Hopefully I can relax for a little bit with them. Don't know, feeling really uptight right now.

DH stayed home today. He is so run down. But won't give in to the fact easily. Thankfully the kids are at school. Barry is fine, Rachel is working on allergies I think.

Have a great weekend.

Later,
Lynn
Closed Thread