Old 01-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~January 16~~

Hello Everyone,

I've been cleaning house all morning. Ugh. I'm exhausted and all I got done were the bathroom and floors. Floors take forever when you have to vaccuum them and then use the Floormate. Thank goodness for the Floormate tho. I think it has helped a lot with my wood floors. I'm lucky too that I have a service to get books in MP3 format. I just put on a good mystery and my big heavy duty headphones and get busy. It makes cleaning a lot more fun (keeps my mind off what I am doing).

I've had some road blocks to getting back to that Pilates tape. Alex's nap schedule was screwed up on Thursday. Have you ever tried to exercise with a 20 month old hanging off your head? It can't be done, with Pilates anyway. He thinks I'm down there to be his personal jungle jim (I wanted to put a smilie here, but I can't get it to work ). Friday I was sick, so sick that I finally called DH to come home to take care of Alex. Yesterday we had company all day. All of this explanation to say, I thought I was gonna croak Friday and yesterday with the sore muscles! They didn't hit until then. Yeouch! I had some down deep abdominal muscles and hip flexors that were SCREAMING!! It's never taken me two days to get sore before! I will start back on them tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:54 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!!

Well, we're home and exhausted...go figure! Robby is wonderful...even if he wants to nurse 24 hrs. a day. Didn't get much sleep last night, everytime I started drifting off, he started fussing. Tried to keep him satisfied with the pacifier, but it wasn't working. Even after nursing both sides, he still wants to suck! Ugh, I'm gonna try and teach him to suck his fingers or something, because he keeps spitting out the paci, just like Peter did. Not that I want him to get addicted to the paci, but right now, if it helps, I'll do it.

I'll try and post pics in a bit...if he gives me the time! Peter's adjusting OK to him. He kind of plays with his toys and daddy and every now and then glances over to Robby. Gotta run for now, hope everyone's doing great!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 04:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Hi everyone! I haven't been hiding out, but definately been too busy to play on the computer. My parents went on vacation for 2 week and my grandpa had back surgery, leaving me with just about no babysitting options for the first two weeks of January. I have actually had to care for my own children for nearly two weeks straight (DH working lots of hours - and days off). It is exhausting. Wil went to daycare (at my cousins), and my best friend watched Anna - they Wil got sick, then Anna got sick. Arggggg- parents are back now and I am off to the gym for the first time in weeks. adios
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #4  
No description available.

Congratulations, Lauren!! Kiss little Robby for me (I love that you are calling him Robby!) Hang in there with the breastfeeding. Remember he is working to tell your body to make tons of milk for him. Just rest and breastfeed and rest and breastfeed. And think about all of those lovely calories that breastfeeding burns!! How was the birth? Professional curiosity, of course!

Hi Karen! I laughed out loud with your description of your little one during exercise. Don't I know how that can be!!

Hi Morrigan! You have been very busy!

Hi to everyone else too! I am going to start a journal thread for food and exercise. I tried last week but it did not work and then I was too busy to try again.

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #5  

Lauren: Congrats on the new baby!

Anna is 7 months now. She was sick for a few days and then yesterday wanted to nurse pretty much all day - I am not sure if it was a growth spurt or just making up for being sick, but I sure was about to go stir crazy. Wil gets into things like crazy when Anna is nursing.

I read a few good books last week. Life of Pi, Friday Night Lights, and The Time Travelers Wife. I would recommend all of them.

I see there are a lot of new people here on the thread. Welcome All!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:37 PM   #6  

Welcome Amity: I had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy. I followed the diet to a tee and it was great. I just fell off the bandwagon as soon as I was done eating for someone else instead of myself.

I am starting at right around 200 lbs myself this time. My goal is just to stick with a plan. I am great at starting diets, just terrible at following through.

I am writing down what I eat in a little book. I copied down some goals from a weight loss book that is popular here in the states. Of course, I can't seem to remember them right now, but it was just the basics.

Don't eat emotionaly, do some sort of exercise every day, feel good about yourself, eat foods that have a high nutritional value (no junk) and don't set yourself up for failure by putting yourself in situations where you will go astray. I know there were more, but I forget them.

I heard another good tip. When you get a craving, studies show that it usually peaks at about 10 minutes and passes after 15 minutes. It said to do something with your hands (like a manicure or knitting) to get you through the crucial period, and the craving will go away.

That bit about exercise with a two year old crawing all over you sure was true. A month or so ago I put in an exercise video for the first time in ages. Wil was all over me. I didn't make it five minutes. He thought I was playing monster or getting down on all fours to give him a horse ride.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:27 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all!
I just wanted to wish everyone a good week. I thought I would get this in on Sunday, but I just looked at the time so I am starting this off on Monday. Did I tell you guys that I was a blond? LOL! Anyways have a good week. I am off to bed.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:23 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Just dropping by for a quick hello! So "Hello"! I bought Alex a new table and chairs at Amazing Savings today. It's really cute but it has two cracks in the top. Unfortunately the store is going out of business so I can't return it. They are small so I'm going to try to repair them with wood filler. The table has a built in shelf for paper and stuff. And it was less than 1/2 of what I could get it for otherwise.

Whew, I lead an exciting life don't I! That's the most interesting thing I can think of to tell you all today.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #9  

Hi everyone, just dropped into to say a quick hi before I run out the door to get my stuff for uni this year (and I have to pay my fees today too - should be fun lol)

Lauren - Great to hear that your home and everyones healthy and happy. Congratulations.

Morrigan - Thanks for the great tips, I'll put them to good use I think it was the eating out of boredom that saw me only lose 1 pound this week

Hey Lisa

Karen - That table sounds like a bargain. I hope you can reapir the cracks in it.

Hi to anyone I missed in my haste.

have a great day everyone.
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:38 PM   #10  

Hello all,
I hope your week is going well. I am just sitting at my desk at work eating my lunch and I thought that I would say Hi to ya'll, so "Hi".

I have decided that I need more water so while I am at work I have been bringing flavored water to work. (the big size from Wal~Mart). I thought it would last me all day because it is like 4 glasses of water, however it was gone in three hours. I don't want to bring two, for several reasons, however I just might.

Well that is all I can think of. I am done with lunch and now it is time to do some actual work.

Talk at ya'll later.

Lisa
Old 01-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm sorry I don't have time to respond, but I wanted to try and get on and post a few pics. I'm reading though, so at least I have an idea of what's going on outside my 4 walls!

Peter's first look at Robby:

My 3 Boys:

MW Judy, Me & Robby:

DH Jim, Me & Robby:

Robby Close-up:
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:11 PM   #12  

LBH,
I know you don't feel like this, but he's so tiny! He's adorable. Makes me want to be near one. (I was going to say have one, but this is better )

Hello to all again.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:32 PM   #13  

hi all. I'm back home. (for a few days anyway).

Lauren - CONGRATULATIONS! Thanks for sharing all the pics - what a sweet baby. And Peter is getting so big.

My sister hasn't had her baby yet and is being induced on Thursday so I'm leaving for the weekend.

Tech - hi and welcome back!

Lisa - I play indoor tennis.

hi to everyone else. gotta post my journal.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:41 PM   #14  

Lauren: I just wanted to take a break from working here at home and tell ya how cute the pictures are. He is definately adorable.

I have not been doing my walking lately like I should. One reason it has turned cold again. I really want to get back to walking though. I have been drinking lots of water in spite of not doing to well with the eating, those darn sweets!

Hello to all.....I will check in later

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:32 AM   #15  
WW Moderator

Awwwwww, congratulations Lauren!! He's adorable!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote