Old 01-12-2005, 01:18 PM   #1  
Crazy Canuck

Default "Taking It Off"

Since there was so much interest in "The Biggest Loser" I thought a lot of you would be interested in knowing that the latest (4th) season of "Taking It Off" is soon approaching. I LOVE this show - its not as glitzy as "The Biggest Loser" and there's not huge cash prizes, but I definitely find it more realistic in that we see people losing weight and getting fit in real life situations (the cameras follow them at home, work and in social situations) rather than being secluded with trainers doing hours of exercise with forbidden treats behind glass. I love seeing how the "contestants" relate to each other (either forming lifelong friendships, exhibiting extreme cattiness or total indifference to one another) and I usually end up getting emotionally involved with them when they relate their hopes, heartbreaks, etc. There's emphasis on the exploration of the actual plans and how they work also - rather than playing up the more exploitive situations shown on "Loser".

Here's a teaser, plus a link to previous seasons. Its going from a 1/2 hr. to 1 hr. format too. I'm really looking forward to it!

http://www.lifenetwork.ca/tv/shows/t...itle_68573.asp
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #2  
Ready to take care of me!

Looks interesting. Thanks
~moon puppy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #3  
Live for the Moment!

Thanks for the info Jill! I as well LOVE this show.. I think I also like it a little more as its done from up here in Canada, eh?! hehe And, it seems a little more "real" to me as its not so commercialized! Can't wait until this one starts...
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #4  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I like the show too. Last season, they had people from Edmonton on it.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:37 PM   #5  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I looked and looked and then looked some more and I just don't have Life Network coverage. But it does look very interesting.

Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

I too love this show.

And Melissa and moon puppy....it's only available in Canada. The Life Network is a Canadian station. And the Taking it Off show is a Canadian show.

I am addicted to this show and also the Biggest Loser show, but I am also more partial to Taking It Off as it seems more realistic like Jillegal stated.
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:41 AM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Look, you silly Canadians, don't be showing off your cool shows!!! There should be a warning *Canadian Only Thread* or something... let me walk and get my hopes up. We have feeling here in the States you know!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:21 AM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

Hmmm....Well, Goddess J, I know you have feelings, but I also thought you had satellite dishes - I mean really, even us igloo dwellers have'm
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I saw the first episode of season 4, it was pretty good.. I think it'll be interesting to watch. I also loved the show where they went back to see how the other participants did, almost everyone gained weight back... so that makes me wonder.. Is Biggest Loser teaching better habits, and how to survive in the real world? Or were the contestants on "Biggest Loser" just really ready? Or maybe weight wasn't the real factor in their life? I dunno, too many options..

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:04 PM   #10  
Want to see less of me

S/C/G: 260/255/185

When does the season start? I would have loved to take part in a show like Taking it off!!
Orangecupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote