Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #1  

Smile Hi Everyone - We're New!

Hi,

My name is Joanne, my hubby is Joe. We started WW at home two weeks ago. The first week I lost 3 lbs., then 3 lbs. the second week. He lost 5 lbs. the first week and 1 lb the second week. He is driving me crazy with the 1 lb lost. He wants to loose it all quickly. I keep telling him we are on a journey, changing our habits, (eating and otherwise).

Does anyone else have a similar problem with a husband, SO, or friend? If so, I sure could use some input and support.

We live in the mountains outside of Oroville, CA (between Chico and Sac), on a 5 acre ranch. Joe is 63, and I am 57. He is officially retired. About 3 years ago we started our own business - anesthesia free teeth cleaning for dogs and cats. I took the training, and Joe does all the driving and paperwork. Since we only met 4 years ago and are blessed to have found each other this late in life, it works perfect. I don't have to leave at 7 AM to go to work and return at 6 PM. We are together and we make a decent living.

I'd love hearing from everyone. I am so glad I found this web site!

Joanne
Old 01-10-2005, 10:40 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Joanne,

I have had this experience with friends. He shouldn't sweat it. After you've been on WW for a while, you learn to take any loss you can, even if it is <b>less</b> than a pound. He is still making headway. He is making healthier choices for himself, and should be proud of that.

From what I have heard, men actually tend to lose the weight faster than women. So if you are both sticking to the plan and he starts losing more than you, you shouldn't get discouraged either! Keep eachother strong an motivated and it will all work out.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Joanne - Congrats to you and Joe on terrific losses. Remind Joe that it didn't all come on overnight and it's not going to leave that way either. Please feel free to join us on the Weigh in at home thread.
Closed Thread