Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-07-2005, 11:37 AM   #1  
Giving it a try (again)

Default Anne's New Year's Resolution

Well the Christmas challenge was a great success. I lost 10 Lbs and ran in the Resolution Run on Dec 31.

Onward and downward to 125 we go. I am comfortably in the 140s now but not for long.

The New Year's Resolution is to lose 15 lbs by Valentine's day. This is VERY ambitious but I am still going to try. If I must I will settle for a 10Lbs loss. I am doing this by running on a regular basis for 40 min or more and by eating 1250 calories (give or take).

Okay so here we go...

Here is my running schedule for the week:

Friday: 7K
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 13K
Monday: 4.5K
Tuesday: 7K
Wednesday: 7K
Thursday: 9.5K

I don't feel very motivated to run in all this snow but ... no one said this was going to be easy! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Not happy about it but I 7K planned for today. I expect it will take about an hour.
fannie~annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #2  

Annie--

Sounds like you're doing great! That sure is a lot of K's

Keep up the good work and you'll get to where you want to be!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:29 PM   #3  
Giving it a try (again)

Well I only made it for 6K with intervals of walking. I felt very weak and tired which means I am probably not eating enough and not getting enough water. So tonight I am gonna have a nice big bowl of pasta for supper, take a day off, drink a bunch of water and get back to it on Sunday for 13K.

It is hard to know sometimes how many calories I should be getting when I am running so much. The fact that I lost 4 lbs last week is probably a signal. I know, I know... it's not a healthy rate. I honestly didn't think I was going to weigh in so low this week. I was only getting in the range of 1000 earlier in the week because I hadn't totaled them up yet. When I realized it was so low, I vowed to plan my meal out and count up the points BEFORE hand and make sure I am getting closer to 1250.

Toodles... and have a nice weekend. I will report back on Monday and let you know how my 13K run went on Sunday. I am sure you are all dying with the anticipation of finding THAT out! Ha Ha Ha!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:05 AM   #4  
Giving it a try (again)

Default Good weekend

I was a good little girl this weekend. I stuck with the program and I ran 13K. The scale said 146.7 this morning. I am pleased with that although it is probably mostly water loss from my run last night. I have drink plenty today so I don't get tired and drained.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:31 PM   #5  
Giving it a try (again)

I ran 7K this afternoon without a watch. I know it took about an hour but I don't know EXACTLY how long it took. I am going to do this for the next week or so because I am getting too stressed about having a good time. I have been pushing myself to run too fast and it is very painful. LOL. I know I'm a dumbass! Anyway I took a nice relaxed pace and was actually a very nice day for a run. The slush was frozen and the sun was out. Couldn't ask for more I guess.

I weighed 147.2 this morning so I figure I have rehydrated a bit after Sunday's run. LOL. I want to weigh in at around 146 this Friday. Yikes! It'll be a close one.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #6  
Giving it a try (again)

7K today in about 1 hour. Weighed in at 146.7 this morning. I don't think I will be hitting 145 by Friday... well I am not giving up yet. I have a 10K run tomorrow night that might help.