South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 06:14 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chat - January 6

Looks like I am the early bird today! Just wanted to say good morning to you all and wish you all a great OP day! I am off (it's so dark out!) but I will check back in later!
Old 01-06-2005, 06:21 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for starting us up, Kryss. I'm an early bird too but do hate getting up in the dark. Gimme summer when the robins are chirping at 3:30!

I need to do Doggage Duties, grab a coffee and feed the woodstove and then I;ll be back.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:57 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

I don't feel so much as if I've been beaten to within an inch of my life, but I still hurt. I'm hoping that will ease up more by tomorrow. I've not caved and gone back to the lighter weights, though. No sense in going backwards.

Got slammed at work yesterday...had about 30 patients. The last one showed up at 5 minutes til closing. She's one who always does it. I'm hoping today will be lighter as I have some paperwork to catch up on and I would like to get some writing in. I meet with Miss Mary tomorrow and would like to come with something tangible to show that I've not been completely bone idle the last 3 weeks.

Okay, time to get lunch thrown together. Steak and romaine on ww bread, a few walnuts and pepitas, and some goat cheese.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-06-2005, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Looks like it's going to be a regular habit now, with my bladder telling me it's time to wake up, and that's even with getting up to go during the night! I guess I shouldn't complain since my scale shows I've lost another lb. DS and family stopped by to visit last night, and I found a pumpkin cheesecake to serve, but I myself just had coffee. I wasn't even tempted, so I guess the detox took effect! I'm trying to get a couple loads of laundry done before the baby is dropped off. Yesterday I ran the rinse cycle several times with white vinegar and I'm anxious to see if that solves the problem. I'd hate to have to get a new washer right now. I'm debating whether or not to go to Curves this morning, too. One of the trainers told me yesterday that I would benefit much better if I only did an intensive workout every other day, with just moderate exercise on the "off" days. I guess she knows what she's talking about, but I always believed the more I worked out, the faster the results?! Well, I'm going to go check the washer and see if there are any surprises there, then figure out what to plan for lunch and supper today. I'll probably be back later.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:26 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Chickies. I'm not sure that I have even been to sleep! I know I have been wide awake since 4! So unlike me. I only took about a 20 min catnap yesterday so I know it is not that. Oh I don't know but I am feelin rather misserable this morning and I think when the kids leave I am goin back to bed. It is raining here so that should make for a good nap! lol The pest control man is supposed to come this morning sometime but I have already taped him a check to the door so hopefully he won't ring the bell. Have a good day all and I'll try and get in here later to catch up.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:29 AM   #6  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning ladies

According to my scale this morning, I am back down to a 12 lb loss - I guess those 7 lbs I put back on were really just water from all the salty (I'm a chipoholic!) stuff I ate over the holidays. I won't change my ticker until my official weigh-in on Monday morn.

I felt very light/fuzzy headed yesterday - I hope that doesn't come back. I had a pc of pork loin for dinner stuffed with spinach, garlic and sauted mushrooms - turned out quite well - I have the leftovers for dinner tonight.

Went bed early last night because I was feeling crappy and wanted to eat which would have made me feel worse - so bed at 8:30pm - and up b4 the alarm at 4:45am today. Feeling pretty bright & bushy-tailed today - so to speak

Was lazy last night and didn't make lunch - so it will be a tossed salad and grilled chiken breast from the cafeteria today - I did pack snacks & water

Only 2 days left at this job - whoo hoo! New one starts Monday.

I suppose I should do some work now - got my coffee

Have a great day all!

Kim
Old 01-06-2005, 08:03 AM   #7  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning everyone;
I can't beleive I did curves yesterday and went and tried the new ladies choice fitness last night. Was there for over an hour. Had a coupon for a free week. Since it is so much closer to me. I enjoyed it better than curves. Did treadmill for 20 mins, then upper body for 40 mins. Will go back again tomorrow. Have stayed OP. The weight was the same this morning. I had not eaten that much yesterday either. It's ok. My offical weigh in is on Sat. I still jump on that scale every morning, which is something I need to change. I sure feel better after detoxing and all that exercise yesterday. I don't think I am eating the correct amounts of food. I will have to go back through my journal and check. I may be eating more that I am suppose to. So, far today I have had 3 eggs scrambled with onion, and LF swiss cheese. For Lunch: 15 bean soup w/ham. Dinner: grilled chicken, asparagus, salad, with LF ranch dressing. Snacks: FF hot dog or chunk of 2% cheddar, dessert is my PBcup. I need to work on getting my water in. Son is home with the flu. Stay away from me

Everyone who has to go to work: Have a great day, stay dry and warm. Be careful in the snow/ice.
Everyone who is staying home: Enjoy.
I am off to start my laundry and get my chores done. Check back later.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Doggies are all happy, fed and pottied and snuggled up on the couch while the woodstove crackles away. Do you think they are a tad spoiled? They have also had a snack of apple left over from the oatmeal and apples I made for Harry.

It's so nice to see so many folks posting on the Daily. I really think it helps with motivation and we also get to know each other better. Since I'm tight for time (Harry and all that), I don't always get time to comment on everyone's post but be assured that I do read everything and am proud of your enthusiasm. (Geez, that sounds smarmy and like a chick who used to post a long time ago!)

Jane the Lazy Homemaker comes today and I am going to take a chance on it not storming and go to town. We do need a few groceries and I want to get one of those tempered glass cutting boards. I use the white plastic ones and am so sick of bleaching them to get them clean! It'll be my birthday present to myself. However, I also want a new microwave and one of those completely flat (non CRT) monitors. We'll see what I do buy. I'm in my usual post-Christmas financial shock mode.

Does anyone still have their Christmas tree up? Today is Epiphany and I think it has to come down. Oy!

Sympathies for all the folks that are under the weather - both physically and meteorologically! (That's my big word for today!) Have a super day. I'll pop in later this afternoon.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies!

I am on snow day #3 this week. This is the most snow days I can remember having in the same week. The snow is crazy out there! At least I don't have a job that requires me to slide my way in to work anyway, hehe.

Last night we had steak and mashed cauliflower with some zucchini on the side. It was awesome! I was so full that I didn't even eat my dessert! Now that is unheard of!

I am going to focus on eating more vegetables. We were eating salad, but it was just with regular lettuce and from what I have been reading here, it doesn't fill you up or give you much in nutrition. I am fortunate enough to like most veggies, like cauliflower and broccoli, etc. I will have to get out to the store in a day or so to get some more veggies!

Today is my hubby's birthday, as I posted in another post, and last night I was wondering what in the world am I going to do special for him? He never was a big "cake guy" anyway so we usually had cheesecake or angel food or something. I am going to ask him if he wants to try the cheesecake squares idea from the boards here or just stick with our scheduled meals.

One thing that I have realized is that almost everything we do on our "date nights" revolves around food! We used to go out to dinner then a movie, or shopping, or something, but food was always involved. I am going to brainstorm with him some special things we can do together that do not involve eating. I don't think that eating out needs to be a requirement for having fun, especially if we are going to stay OP! What do you ladies think?

Well, everyone have a great day! I will be popping in and out. I am off to shovel more white stuff!

Nally
Old 01-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks.... I am sitting here folding a mountain of laundry and still have a mountain in the laundry room to do. Why is it if you don't do laundry for a day or two then is seems like you have 3 times as many people living in your house. Well I am off to the recipie section so I can get some ideas for meals. Tomorrow is my day to get back on track. Tonight is my last shift at the store and my house is cleaned and I am ready to get my @$$ back in the sand.... Well I must run and change the laundry over again. I will pop back in later.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:08 AM   #11  

cottage - I have heard the same thing about varying the intensity of the workouts. I try to put variety in mine. I will concentrate on elliptical one day for my cardio and stationary bike the next. If I will be able to do weights two days in a row, I might concentrate on the upper body one day and the lower body the next. It seems to help. You do need to give your body time to recover from an intense workout even if it doesn't feel sore.

bups - Are you getting enough carbs from beans? That can really make you feel lousy.

chipper - watch those hotdogs. I've really gained in the past from eating them. It might be the sodium or just because they are so processed but I really try to limit them even though they are now allowed. Make sure you are getting the recommended 4 1/2 cups of vegetables. It is often not the quantity we are eating as much as the types of foods.

Ruth - Our tree is still up. I just need to find time to take it down. I've got to work tonight so there won't be any extra time. I'll try this weekend. The yard art is still up but the wood is soaked from all the rain we have been having so I want it to dry out before it goes in the garage.

Nally - I love those veggies too! There are good veggie recipes in the cookbook too. Sometimes I just stirfry zucchini, mushroom, and onion in just a bit of olive oil with some Italian seasoning. Sometimes I add black beans and sometimes tomatoes or Rotel. Yum! For my husband's birthday I served fresh strawberries. Now you can't do that in phase 1 but you can give him a belated dessert of fruit (maybe strawberries dipped in a little dark chocalate) as a special celebration once you are in phase 2. That is great that he is following South Beach too!

Hope everyone feels better! I need to call and get the heat turned up in our office. It is 63 inside and that is too cold!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:13 AM   #12  
Trapped Skinny Person

Barb

I can't go too heavy on the beans - they umm react on me

And since I have Acid reflux - it's not a good combo.

The only ones that don't seem to bother me is chickpeas - I love these roasted! Maybe I'll thorw some raw (not roasted) ones in a salad tonight.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Just a quick drive by. Got a big meeting today at noon and I'm not ready for it. Tried the popcorn cauliflower last night. I liked it but it seemed to me to have way to much salt and too much oil. I ended up throwing them away. I'm going to re-try tonight with much less of everything.

Stay OP!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #14  

Hi all -- I weighed myself for the first time since starting the SBD and no weight loss. Nothing. Nada. How is that possible? I'm wondering now how long it takes to see results...

I'm following the diet, no cheating, so I don't really know what to "tweak" in order to start things moving. So I'm slightly frustrated but still determined to stay on the Beach...

Today my son goes off to London for a semester of study. He's not completely packed, so today we will finish up the errands and get him to the airport. His vacation went by too fast and I'm missing him already. He lights up the house when he's home...

It's cold here in Colorado and I see that those of you in the East are getting the storm we just had...Stay warm and safe out there

Have a great day!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:32 AM   #15  

Ruth, by the way, we still have all our decorations up. We usually do the "take down" right after New Years' but this year decided to leave it all up until all the kids were back at school. So, we have two down (almost), and one to go...I'm starting tomorrow, though. Our tree is so dry that it's quite pathetic-looking not to mention a fire hazard...Enough is enough!
Closed Thread