South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default HumpDay Chat - January 5

I was rudely woke up at 5, I had to pee so bad ! All the water and green tea I've been drinking ! So I have my coffee and even made the bed and I'm rarling to go. I gave in to the temptation to weigh myself this morning and have lost 2 lbs already, Yahoo!!! We're supposed to get some nasty icy weather later today, but right now it's just raining. I'd love to get some snow but please, no ice! I have to babysit my "surrogate grandkids" today, and hate to be out on the highway if it's bad. People drive like lunatics around here. I'll check in on you gals later!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:16 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. You should have called me, Cottage! I was awake well before five. I sure hope you don't get bad, bad ice. We are still "rinked" around here. There is no way I can drive in my lane and put the car away.

Actually, I'm feeling a bit punky today - sniffles with a sore throat and just may go back to bed after I do the Doggage Duties.

I'll pop in later as I see there are lots of new folks with questions.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:53 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, I am here eariler than usual as the kids are now back to school. Our weather is pretty quiet, no rain, or snow or ice it is not to cold. I guess it just might be a nice day. I do not have to work tonight yipee. Only one more shift left. My eye is feeling a little better today it was not very swollen when I got up this morning nor is it as sore. I must be on the mend.

cottagebythesea- morning chick, there is nothing worse than waking up having to pee that bad first thing in the morning. Congrats on the 2lb weightloss, hope the roads are ok to go babysit your grandkids. Drive safely.

Ruth- Hope you are feeling better. Hope you went back to bed and are feeling better.

A big "Hello" to all the chicks yet to come in.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:02 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

I fear I'm going to be a grumpy chick today. Didn't get enough sleep, then when I got up, heard water running. Seems BIL overslept and was in the shower in MY allotted timeframe. I had to cool my heels for 20 minutes to allow for the hot water to replenish.

Ruth and Cottage, you two be careful with the ice today...no need for broken wings or drumsticks!! Cottage, way to go with the 2 pounds!!

Okay, I need to find some lunch stuff and head to the gym.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-05-2005, 07:18 AM   #5  

Good Morning!

Well I am on snow day # 2 this week and home from school. That snow is really starting to pile up, but isn't expected to be done until Midnight! I am willing to bet we wont have school tomorrow either.

Knowing that we didn't have school last night, I thought I may get to sleep in, but lo and behold at 5:35 my dogs were whimpering to go out. So while they were out doing their "business" I weighed in. I am down 6.2 lbs now! Yippee!

I will probably be lurking a lot today, since we are so snowbound! I hope everyone has a fantastic day. If you are feeling sick, get better, if you are having weather issues, stay warm and safe, but most of all stay focused! We can do this!

Nally
Old 01-05-2005, 07:28 AM   #6  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all, feeling kinda frumpy myself today. It must be the midweek thing. Don't know why. Oh, good dh is up maybe I can sneak in and get dressed at go to Curves this morning. GB sleeping in my room. I think that would help. I can weighted and measured. Well, off to see if he will watch the GB while I take off for a hour.
Everyone with bad weather watch yourself.
Everyone feeling under the weather rest yourself.
Check in later.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:31 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning chicks! Well the kids go back to school today. WooHoo! No really I'm not happy! teehee I am sooo sick! My sinuses are about to get the best of me.I was up half the night coughin sweatin freezin yadayadayada... Now my throat feels like it is almost swollen shut. I am hopin a few hot cups of coffee will help it. I hate bein sick but hopefully can get some rest home by myself today. Mornins are pickin up in here.
Ruth... I hope you feel better soon.
Cottage... Careful out there today.
Little Chick...Glad your eye is feelin better. One more shift! WooHoo!
Mama.. When is he leavin? Have a great day anyway!
Nally... Snow days... something we hardly ever see down here.
Have a great day all!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:34 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Chipper... We posted at the same time. I hope you were able to get to curves this morning!
Old 01-05-2005, 08:08 AM   #9  

Morning chickies!
First I want to say hello and welcome to all the new chicks on the beach! The more the merrier! Yesterday was soooo tough for me, but I stayed on OP. <phew> I actually went to bed early to avoid eating. It's that wonderful PMS week for me, so I know it's a little more challenging right now than usual.

Two things I wanted to share with you all today:
One is I started my own weight loss blog More or Less and I wanted to invite you to check it out.
(Moderators, is it ok for me to make a link to that in my signature?)

And two is a new recipe that I have yet to try but it sounds good! It's for Roasted Chic Peas. I'll post it in the recipe section now and then make a link for here so anyone who is interested can find it easily.

(edit) I found that Ruth had posted it already. It's pretty similar to the recipe I found so I'll just link to it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31582

A broad -- I am so glad you tried and liked the bok choy soup! That really made me smile!
Ellis -- I know exactly how you feel! It's the beginning of the New Year and I am not at all motivated the way I "planned" to be.
Bamie & Ruth -- Feel better soon!
Nally -- Grats on your loss so far! You're doing great!! It's just starting to snow here now... :sman:

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Kryss; 01-05-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:58 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Morning

I'm up bright and early....well, not bright, but early. Working a long 12 hour shift today. I hate going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark...it makes me feel like a mole, the next thing you know my eyes will be pink........ewwww.

Two days of difficulty but not stressing too much, just finding extra hidden treats in the house that are too much to resist. I need to have time to really dejunk.

cottage and ruth, be careful on the ice, it's not forgiving to the broken body parts I've been seeing lately. Persons butt, hip or arm vs ice......butt is loser.

little chick, maybe you should use your eyes as an excuse to need to keep them shut all day.....let someone else take over and fix dinner and clean the house.

Mama, I thought the BIL was leaving? Isn't shower hog an evictable offense?

nala, I would love to have a snow day! I'm jealous!

Chipper, head to Curves! Beats the mid week blues.

Bamie, drink lots of chicken soup broth and get a good movie. Kids gone......could be fun!

Kryss, checked out your blog, pretty good reading. I need to do that and write to my hearts content, I could really get a lot of frustration out I think. Keep it up!

Well, off to restock the ER and wait for the sick and afflicted!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Beachers!

Cottage, congratulations on the two pounds! Be careful driving today, girl...

Ruth, take care of that cold, hon.

Little Chick... I'm so glad your eye is getting better... that must feel terrible.

Mamacita, your BIL is still ALIVE!?!? I would have killed him by now. You're a stronger woman than I.

Wow, Nally... you're doing great!! Enjoy your snowbound day... hope you've got lots of OP foods to get you through it!!

Chipper, get to Curves! You're doing so well!!

Bamie, you poor sickie. Get better soon, sweetie. I notice that, like me, even on your deathbed you're unable to give up your morning coffee.

Kris, I did the same thing last night... went to bed to avoid eating.
Your blog link is fine... we allow tame things like that.
I was just reading it... wow... it's great!
I hope your Gram is doing alright.

RNMom, I hope your day isn't too stressful. When you get home, dump those treats, hon! You're too special to be putting that junk into your body.

I have a day ALONE! The first in a long time. A chance to catch up on laundry (woop-de-do) and straighten the house a little. Oh, CRAP! I keep forgetting that the tree is still up! I'll get the kids to dismantle it this evening.
I hope everyone has a great, OP day!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:19 AM   #12  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Goodness - you gals are early risers!!

So yesterday was my first day of SBD. It went well. My fiance and I are both doing it together, which is good. I've been doing weight watchers for years and was on my way down to my goal...but FI LOVES to eat out and make yummy dinners in and the pounds just crept back on... so doing this with him will be good because he can't be an oposing force

We did well... we both realized we weren't hungry at all, although I had a bitty headache. Brian loved that I made steak tips and I put the left over tips on our salads for lunch today.

Woke up early and headed to the gym for an hour of cardio this AM.

Cottage and Ruth... yes, we're getting a storm as we speak. The snows just falling. it's pretty now, but not for long!

Mamacita... I share in your peeve. My old roommate used to do that to me ALL the time!

Nally - 6.2 - that's awesome!!! How long have you been on it?

Chipper - have a great time at curves!

Bamie - I hope you feel better soon! Hey, were in AL are you from? I'm originally from Gulfport, MS and I'm missing the nice weather!!!

Kryss - thanks for the breakfast and snack idea. I want to try them both!!!

RNmom - I get the same way in the winter. I need to see some sunlight. At least we don't live in Alaska... it's dark 23 hours a day right now!!

Alright... catch y'all later!!!

Lisa
Old 01-05-2005, 09:19 AM   #13  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

I made it to curves. Came out 9 pounds heavier since last time I weighted there (sept. 9,04). But, I had only been there 2X's since then. At least I got my measurements, that's what I really wanted. I will have to check with my allergiest next week, wheezing when I was done, the asthma, bad running nose, dust allergy. They just redid the outside of the building. If he says I can't go back, then I might join Ladies choice just a mile from me. Right now I drive 10 miles. But, under contract with Curves, with doctors note they will cancel it. Same price for both. We'll see.
Take care all, check back later.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good Morning

I'm checking in late today. I had to take care of payroll and important stuff like that! My weight is exactly the same again but I'm still under the TOM cloud. I'll give it until next week before I decide to revisit Phase I Went to the tea shop this morning and loaded up on green and white teas. I was out of Green Sencha Cherry Blossom and that just can't happen! I managed to get up and work out this am - unbelievable - but I really didn't want to. I had to shave 10 minutes off the bike series because otherwise I would have interfered with the cleaning lady. Can't let that happen. Then I would have to clean it myself.

Bami - You are falling apart! Try some green tea or red tea or even white tea to boost your antioxidants.

Cottage - I was rudely awakened by my alarm clock at 4:45 because it was time to turn on the heat and exercise.

Mama - I'm with Ellis - I can't figure out why that man isn't out on his keister! It makes me crabby just thinkin about it. Next time flush the toilet or turn on the sink.

Ruth and Naly - Becareful ladies. We are getting a bucket of snow ourselves tonight!

Chipper - I hope everything works out for you with Curves - I didn't have a pleasant experience with them.

To everyone else - HI
Old 01-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning ladies. I am finally peeking in here at a reasonable time today. Getting back to work and cleaning up problems that came up during the holidays has been busy.

Cottage - You are lucky to get such an early start on the day Just remember, the rude interruption is worth the inconvenience when the end goal is so important. Here's wishing you a great day, stay OP, drink lots of water...and go potty before you go to bed.

Ruth - Hope you are feeling better soon. You have been so busy over the past several months, it is a wonder that you haven't been sick before now. Take care of yourself and get some R&R today. Sounds like today should be a stay in the house and cuddle with the puppies day.

lc - Good to hear that your eye is on the mend. I hate stys...they are not only uncomfortable, but look horrible. Hopefully you will be finished with it by the end of the week. Congrats on finishing your job...do you have anything to go to after this?

Mama - OK, enough of the gumpiness today... Just dream of the day that he will be gone. By the way, why not get up earlier tomorrow and use his shower time You can always fake a smile and say that you thought he was switching shower times... I really don't prescribe to revenge, but sometimes, it is rather enjoyable.

Nally - You are sooooo lucky to get snow days. We get lots of snow, but I have had one snow day in my entire life. That was only because the snow plows didn't come through early enough to get to work one day. Our school was still open that day, I just didn't get there.

chipper - Hope the workout at curves went well. You really are awesome...I have such difficulty getting myself to go to a gym to workout. I just don't have the intrinsic motivation to do that. Thank goodness we have a gym, 2 tracks, a pool and a weight room at work. When the 'spa' is down the hall and free to use, it is difficult to ignore it. Hope that you are able to deal with the allergies. WTG, you can do it.

Bamie - You must get rid of the sinus condition. It has been going on for a while. Did you see the dr.? It might be time for antibiotics to clear it up if it is not going away on its own. Take care of yourself and get some rest today.

Kryss - Congrats on staying OP yesterday. I, too, have often gone to bed to avoid eating. I am going through the PMS thing this week, too and having difficulty staying away from the chocolate sweets. I am hoping that I can manage to stay awar from them today, however, it is a tough job. We can do it together, though.

RNMOM - Hope you have a good day and don't work too hard. You must get rid of those treats around the house. You are soooo close to goal, you can do it. Keep focused and stay OP. Best wishes to you...

ellis - A day alone - Congratulations. Really, all that stuff can wait for tomorrow. Put your feet up and relax today. My Christmas decorations are still up...there's Ukranian Christmas to come yet, Chinese New Years... I think that by May, or so, they could come down.

Tilley - WTG, girl. You are fortunate to have someone to do SBD with. My DH is and always has been really skinny, so it seems that I am always making extra off program foods to supplement his diet. Then, he doesn't want the leftovers, or he is too full to eat them and I have difficulty just throwing them out. Fortunately, we have a dog who is eating high off the hog these days, but the desserts just sit there. That is one lesson I have learned from DH...he quits eating when he is full and nothing can tempt him to overeat. Learning when your body is full though takes time, but it can be done.

Me - I have been crazy busy at work, but went home last night and vegged out. Dh watched the hockey game with the dog and that gave me lots of free time to do my own thing, which wasn't much at all.

Tonight, DS and his fiance are coming for dinner and to work on a car that we are giving to our DD, so that should give me some more personal time. I have some furniture that needs to be re-upholstered, so will probably dig that out and get started. I also have some decorating to do in the bedroom now that the flooring is finished. That should keep me busy for a while.

We are getting ready to go to Calgary this weekend, then Regina next weekend, so the weekends will be busy. I am babysitting the grandkids in Regina for a week, taking the car to DD, then flying back after the week is over. Flights right now are so cheap, that it really doesn't pay to drive...plus the 8 hours is an inconvenience.

We won't be doing too many renos over the next few months - DH is starting to teach an extra course online with the University of Calgary, has some extra contracts to do, plus the additional work that he has at his 'real' job. That gives me a bit of a breather to catch up on some sewing finishing work in the house. We are soooo far behind that it just doesn't seem possible to catch up, but I'm sure that one day we will.

Hope everyone has a great day on the beach. If you are in snow or ice, please don't wear a bathing suit...you'll get a bit of frost bite.
Closed Thread