WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 08:55 PM   #1  

How are all of you counting this bread ( the ones that have 60 calories and 5grams of fiber) - I have read where some count it as .5/slice and I have been counting it as 1pt/slice- any thoughts?
Old 05-06-2001, 11:00 PM   #2  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hey!

Hey! Ha...

I was just thinking about this today, how strange! I count it as .5. I have been using the 4g fiber cap, but since this one was SO close and had such good fiber content, I decided to let it go as half a point. If it gets to the point where my weight loss is being hindered, I'll start counting it as 1pt/slice. The Sunny Millet is AWESOME and hearty! Thanks for telling me about it before!

Girlie
Old 05-07-2001, 11:55 AM   #3  

Default hey girlie!

Hey, I am glad that you liked the sunny millet! I got a few new ones over the weekend, the right wheat bread and then the multi grain stay trim bread ( this one has the millitt seed in it as well) and they were equally delicious! I just ate so much of this bread over the weekend and was worried but I was kinda thinking the same thing that you did - I will count these as .5/slice but just eat them in moderation- like mabye 2 slices a day instead of the like 8 slices I was eating!
Old 05-07-2001, 03:29 PM   #4  
Bacon Girlie

Default Ha!

Normally, I just eat two maybe for breakfast, but I have planned SIX slices for today!

Oh, do you keep yours in the fridge or what?
Also, I found that Ezekiel 4:9 or whatever bread at the new health food store here....is that also half a pt?

Girlie
Old 05-07-2001, 09:23 PM   #5  

I usually store my bread in the freezer since it tends to go bad quickly- it freezes very well- plus, if it is frozen than I can't just eat it as a snack- i have to thaw it out and so by the time it is ready to be eaten I don't want it anymore! The Ezekial bread I count as 1 pt since it didn't have as much fiber in it ( if memory serves me correctly)- Ezekial makes a great cinnamon raisin bread too! Oh and Girlie, Krogers sells the Ezekial bread as well!

P.S.- have you seen Schnooks new diet hamburger and hot dog buns for 1pt/bun?

Neon
Old 05-07-2001, 09:45 PM   #6  
Bacon Girlie

Default Schnuck's Bread

I think that's what I got there...the brand is like Healthy Life or something like that. Yeah, I was glad to find the diet buns...it's so neat to have a whole veggieburger with the fixings for only two points, or those chilli veggie dogs for two points.....
Can you imagine doing all this years ago when all of these 'health' foods weren't so prevalent, like soy products and diet bread???
Anyway, thanks for the tips. I've been eating up my loaf of Sunny Millet pretty quickly. I want to try that cinnamom raisin bread!

Girlie
Closed Thread