Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 07:56 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default F-f-f-friday

Its cold and gross and supposed to snow on the day of my party! DOn't mind me I'm waiting for the alleve to kick in. Yesterday we made more headway in the apartment and watched ER which made me cry and I found my Ireland pics!! and some cds and memorabilia so It brightened my day
bbiab
Kierie
Old 11-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #2  
Running Babe

I scraped my car off this morning, on the plus side I went and brought my running gear to run at lunch. We have rememberance day off in my contract so yesterday I slept in, watched the ceremony, went for a long run and then went to my second job in the evening. Tonight I am running with the learn-to-runners and then having a date with my BF.

Anyway my food has been good this week so yah!!

Kierie: I hope you feel better!

Ali
Old 11-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

It's foggy here, but no frost Idon't think. I guess I'll find out in an hour when I venture out there.. yikes.

I'm feeling like crap again today, and all bloated, but at least I found my source of all this bloating. It's Aspartame. Who knew eh! So I have to get rid of all the stuff in my house with aspartame in it, I know my body is sensitive, but this is just crazy. It means NO sweets until I'm done this whole thing... grr! But I started out with a good breakfast, so hopefully that helps.

Ali - seriously, I have no idea how you do it! You life is crazy busy!

Belle - Whats going on with ER? I'm never up that late anymore I haven't watched it in probably a year.

Okay, I am off to shower.. I'll be back later!

-Aimee
Old 11-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hey Aimee - you mean Kier and the ER stuff - I don't watch TV (how lame am I). I end up doing stuff in the evenings - yesterday was laundry, finished knitting my niece's scarf and walked over to their house.

You want to talk bloating??? Try being pregnant. I am bloated from here to tomorrow. I am totally constipated and gassy. IT's from increase progesterone. Just nasty. I have a hard belly already, but not from my uterus - from my bloating!!! All the books so far say all you can do is eat more fibre, drink more water and hope for the best BLAH. I also have to buy a new bra. It's weird. The weirdest part is letting go of the weight loss mindset. NOt that it's a liscence to eat, but to realize I can' t have anything "diet" such as diet coke, diet yougurt, fat free deli meat (or any deli meat). I have to really watch that I get enough nutrients and don't undereat either. And suddenly drinking milk is OK and I don't count the points of the extra milk. Weird. And then the whole idea that I am going to get round. My boobs will grow more than they alrady have (which makes me feel fatter alone) and I'll have a huge stomach. And I will gain wieght - and it's impossible to estimate or to really control that outside of just watching what I eat and exercising regularly. I tell ya, it's disturbing. Exciting, but a differnet mindset for the overweight person who has always struggled with weight. The other daunting thing is knowing I will have more weight to lose once the baby comes, God-willing.

Keir - what party is tonight???

Ali - it's cold here too (lucky we have a garage). getting warmer though, into the double digits. I had to work yeseterday though. BOOOOO.

OK TTFN BBIAB
Old 11-12-2004, 10:09 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

QUESTION:

As I was writing it occured to me that some, well all the girls, when they get pg they disappear until they come back post-baby to lose the weight....

Do any of you have a preference? If you'd rather I not stay (since I can't lose weight right now) than I'll take a hiatus....

Let me know!
Old 11-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #6  

Belle - Yah I just realized that I wrote belle when I meant Kierie, lets blame the early morning I think you should stay around.. We are a mismatch of people in here, I am not even doing WW anymore, I've switched to South Beach. But I enjoy talking to you guys and hearing about whats going on, it's switched from JUST weight loss to something else.. but thats just my opinion, however I'm sure everyone else will feel the same. And I think it's great that you have to rethink the whole nutrition thing! I actually don't believe in diet foods, and the diet nestea I had yesterday is the only diet thing I ever really have. Just don't let it get too out of hand.. however I'm sure you won't..

Kierie - how about ER? now that I mixed that up.. lol..

I am off to work, have a great day gals

-Aimee
Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Belle: You've been an anchor here for years... No way would I want you to stop posting. In fact I like it when the pg girls check in. Sure you're short term goals are different right now, you're preparing for an amazing thing and your body needs you to be concerned for the little tyke inside of ya, but your long-term goals of eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle are the same n'est pas?

Eek, I bloat easily to begin with, in fact I am pretty much bloated every morning (hence my evening weigh-ins are better for me). Anyway, I have heard pregnancy is wonderful to really appreciate our bodies and get out of some of the pitfalls of a weight-loss mindset. Yup, milk is great, drink lots... I have been making myself for some meals a milk shake with milk, ice cubes, chocolate protien powder and a banana. dang it, I'd have to give up diet coke? That will be tough for me, at least I don't smoke though...but hey, when I get preggers it will be all about the baby not me right so giving up diet coke probably won't be a bad thing.

Aimee: geez, I love aspertame, but I heard it reacts differently for different people. Can you use splenda?

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-12-2004, 10:42 AM   #8  

Ali - once this Aspartame clears out of my body I'm going to give splenda a try, I'm hoping it'll work, because with all these Atkins products out I can find things with splenda in it. I knew I had a slight allergy to Aspartame, but these stomach aches are something else.. it feels like a knife in my side.. not very nice. We'll see though!

I am off to work for REAL this time.. bye gals !

-Aimee
Old 11-12-2004, 12:42 PM   #9  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Good morning, ladies! Sorry for my post on Wednesday being so mopey and feeling-sorry-for-myself-y. I'm in much better spirits today and have re-committed (for the 10 millionth time) to WW. I know that I'll probably be able to make it through the first couple of days without any major incidents. It's later that I worry about. After a couple of weeks, and when I see some results, I don't stick to it as well. Hopefully, since I know what my challenges are, I'll be prepared to deal with them.

Kier--I was just thinking today about how I wish there was a way to skip winter this year, don't you? I suppose I could move to a warmer climate, but I'd really just prefer to have winter miss Nebraska altogether. Can you tell me what ER was about? The commercial made me cry, so I knew I couldn't watch the actual show, but I'm curious to know what it was about. Also, I'm going to PM you about scrapbooking--I'm here for you, don't panic!

Ali--Your day yesterday sounds wonderful! And your day today sounds busy! You're amazing, woman!

Aimee--I like things sweetened with Spenda better than things sweetened with aspartame, maybe your body will too!

Belle--I'm sorry to hear that you're so bloated, but like Ali said, just think of the amazing thing that your body is doing! And just think of the first time you hold that baby in your arms--all the bloating will be worth it. (At least, that's what I've heard).

OK, back to work for me. I'm very busy and important today.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ok this is a quickie b/c mom dropped gram off
BELLE PArk your buns lady you're not going anywhere! now that i have commanded you i'll be sweet don't go bellicious we love you and this board would suck if you were not a part of it. to me this is not just a place to talk about weight goals etc its a place to check in with you all who have been or are in similar places i am
Jess/aimee ER was gutwrenching Ray liotta who's scary played a man who lost his whole fam due to alcohol and his son wouldn't come see him in the hospital and he was dying and refused treatment as a last ditch effort to see if hsi son would come see him and he had all these super sad hallucinations and I cried for the 45 min i watched (I tuned in late) and Sara Gilbert is now on the show.
Ali Can I borrow some of your determination?
Jess I want to skip winter! in live in a heated sunny bubble i can walk around in and I will reply to the PM a bit later
Aimee I'm really pondering the whole SBD thing again I'd just have to get dh to agree
The Party is tommorrow for my gf who's up from Texas the good thing and the bad thing is alot of our friends are kosher ie they can't really eat here
So I'm getting veggies and kosher pita and kosher hummus chips and Salsa
and I have to look for glass dishes b/c they are kosher regardless
Its good b/c I'm not tempted to make anything fattening
but I can't make anything yummy either and it will be harder to make it pretty
Old 11-12-2004, 02:15 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

btw I'm making more of an effort not to watch TV i'm addicted
Old 11-12-2004, 02:36 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Wooohoo, my old boss asked me if I was losing weight and I told him yes and he says he can see it in my face so yah!!! It's funny, this round of WL hasn't been anywhere near as draining as my initial foray into WW... I still splurge sometimes and I have learned to forgive myself when my eating hasn't been 100%, maybe that's part of it. The exercise is just coming naturally since I guess I make time for it and schedule it in. I kind of make it like an appointment and since I usually run with people I have no excuse but to show up. I also am not thinking "I gotta exercise 5 times a week to lose weight", I am now thinking "I gotta build up my milage".

Jess: we're all allowed mopey days, don't worry when you rant to us, we've all been there I am sure.

Aimee: What makes me feel blech are sugar alcohols. I even have to be careful of sugar free gums.

Kierie: One of the mega grocery stores near where I live has a huge Kosher aisle. It was even better when I lived back in MTL, some of the grocery stores would bring in rabbis to bless most of the foods for passover... Heck they had Kosher Coke.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 11-12-2004, 02:48 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...chmentid=17582

this is 5 poudn of fat and muscle
I want to print it and put it on my fridge and on mytv!
Ali don't you love that comment! WAHOOO
I'm learning not to beat myself up its hard not too
Old 11-12-2004, 04:17 PM   #14  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Just real quick--Belle, you have to stay!!

And Scott Petersen was found guilty!
Closed Thread