PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:33 PM   #1  
225/202/185

Default amcap74, how did your surgery go?

Just thinking about you and hoping your lap went smoothly, and that they didn't find any cancer on your ovaries, and that you're recovering well.

Let us know how you are!

Cass
rumpleteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:52 PM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Yeah, let us know when you're able, dear!!! Hugs!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:02 PM   #3  

Hi Cass & Noodles:

Thanks for asking about me. I was discharged from hospital Saturday. I was back on computer for only a few minutes Sunday and again today. DH is working from home to care for me and hogging my computer...not that I can't sit at it...lol. Well, Sunday was hard.

Good news! No cancer! They did end up opening me up however. The mass seen in both ultrasounds was not attached to my ovaries at all, but rather to my uterus. Apparently this is a rare form of endometriosis from what the doc told my DH. I haven't talked to him much since surgery except for a few minutes the day after my surgery. According to him though, endometriosis grows inside the uterus. This mass was attached to the uterin wall and ballooned out and so in the ultrasound it was in the middle of the ovaries and depending on how you looked at it, it appeared to be attached to one of the ovaries. So, he was able to cut it off. But it was about the size of a grapefruit! Apparently, according to what he told my DH, there was no other signs of endometriosis to scrape.

I asked him myself about the findings of PCOS and he said my ovaries are in good shape with no cysts and that my dramatic weight loss has probably reversed the effects so hopefully this proceedure will improve my fertility.

All this still doesn't take away the discomfort and pain of the surgery which is NOT easy to recover from. It was/is a horrible ordeal, but one I'm glad I had done.

I hope this gives hope to you all.
amcap74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 04:03 PM   #4  
Getting back on track!

Great news. I'm so glad. Hope you make a quick recovery!
Love Annie Rose
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:04 PM   #5  
225/202/185

That is awesome news! I'm glad you're doing okay, and will soon be on your way to baby-making. :-D

Welcome back!
Cass
rumpleteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:27 PM   #6  

Thanks for the well wishes.

I don't know how baby making will go. My DH's last test wasn't so good. My stupid ob/gyn said to consider sperm donation. But the last time I saw my RE, he said they could isolate the good ones and implant them into my egg, basically in a pitri dish...I don't know what the name of this method is called. I don't know if this will still apply with his latest test results. For our own reasons, too long to go into, we are not interested in sperm donation.

So, we may just resign to being childless. My husband has 2 daughters from a previous marriage, so it is really me left without. For many years when I was younger, I didn't even want children. Who knew I might not be able to have them? I always heard about everybody else with infertility. Never thought that would happen to me.

But, I know I can live an extremely full & happy life even without a child of my own. More time to devote to other joys like traveling and volunteer charity work.

Well, gotta get a little walk in today. Talk to you gals later. Thanks again for the well wishes.

angela
amcap74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:17 AM   #7  
Rattie Lover

Angela:

NEVER give up. Never. It only takes 1 spermie to get up there...and those little guys swim fast!!

It sounded like your doctor was talking about in vitro. I've read about it being done with men with that had 1 or 2 spermies only and it worked. I think I watch & read too much medical stuff.

My hubby has low sperm count too... I did some research and we both started taking vitamins and he ate his carrots and wouldn't you know it...I would up pregnant about 3 months later. Carrots boost the vitamin A in which the sperm travel...supposedly it also makes for more of a chance of having a girl than a boy--I had a girl, but I wouldn't bet $$ on it but you just never know these days.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote