Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-04-2004, 08:00 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Thursday Chat, Nov 4th

Good Morning

We are almost to the weekend

I am so hungry this morning, I am sitting here eating veggie egg rolls I got from the grocery store. Yup for breakfast. They are only 100 calories each so I'm having 2 and a cup of coffee. I feel sorry for the lady who sits in my office... Leenie & Cabbage in the morning

Whats new with everyone ? Got any plans for the weekend. I must make a pot of minestrone soup.

TTYL...
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Leenie - ya know - veggie egg rolls sound pretty good! I made some muffins from a box mix this morning for me and the guys to grab on their way out and boy where they good. Of course, after I ate them (duh) I realized they were 150 calories each - but they were good!

Cin - thanks so much for the crockpot lasagna recipe on Tuesday. I did print it out and plan to try it soon. It sounds yummy good!

Hey guess what gang - it has been running 90 in the afternoons here - well ya'll know (cause I talk so much) that we had a huge storm here on Tuesday, and a cool front was behind it (that you God) and it was 48 here this morning! wooooooooohooooooo it feels like fall!

I am busier then all get out, but I feel so encouraged and hopeful for our great nation today! Please continue to pray for our country and our troops and our President!

I hope everyone is having a great and blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy

P.S. Hey? when do we get to hear what Liz decided about the job?
I need to go back and read yesterday's post - me thinketh I be to busy!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:51 AM   #3  

ok - just re read yesterday's post bec I couldn't remember what they said

Joanne - sorry about the cast! isn't that a long time to be wearing a cast? wow! remind me again - what exactly happened to your leg?? and hey you mentioned a "difference in the numbers" at the bottom of your post? my memory is so bad girlie - tell me what is different - is it your measurements??? point out to me what's difference please. Hey what are you doing for exercise while you have a cast on your leg? just curious

Leenie - great job walkin at work! that's great! is that inside or outside? YOU GO GIRL!

Liz - guess what? I woke up with a headache this morning - had dh bring me some advil before I tried to move - and then realized a little later that its TOM for me too! funny how those 2 things go together - well that along with craving chocolate huh! You asked what other boards we were posting at - I post on the Exercise thread under November Walkers. We keep track of our miles, etc. and sometimes I pop into the low carb board and tell Ruth and L hi. Sometimes if I have time to look around I will post if another subject catches my attention. are you posting on other threads?

KO - I take it your mom is trying to sell the house? sounds chaotic with wallpapering and stuff going on. hope it all goes well (and quickly)

Tippy - my dad took that blood thinner drug you mentioned. Hope all goes well with that - keep us posted! I am so glad to hear that your church is growing! that's great! still praying for your family. It's always good to see a post from you girlie! hugs!

Cathy
Old 11-04-2004, 10:11 AM   #4  

Well, today the excavation starts for the building of our attached garage. Well, what'a little more mud after having to drill a new well! I haven't had a sidewalk since and we park the truck on the front lawn. Try that in the city. The outside cats love it as they sleep in the engine compartent. Yes...we beat on the hood and Roger opens it up and pokes around so the fools leave before we start the engine. Otherwise it would be a bit messy. Am tired today cause my heart went a-twitter in the night. I keep meds on my night stand just for that. No problem, It's calm.
This week was an adventure for Tippy the cat as he had dental work done. A tooth was removed, poor kitty. He had a rough time even with pain meds. The worse part was that Brat the cat, his brother, wouldn't allow Tippy near him. I suspect that it is the vet-office-smell. I fixed Tippy a bed on a towel on a heating pad for a few days. Normally, they sleep together on a nice heated throw. Yes, our pets get spoiled. Roger even bought a remote controlled mouse toy. Can you believe that it frightened our dog!? Goldie the chicken hearted!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #5  

Default happy day

Just waiting for the coffee

I had a good talk with my boss. . .I got the job but I turned it down.....
She called yesterday and thanked me for the interview and said she was sorry it didn't work out.

So I get to keep doing what I am with very little interuption to anyones life....and I really do love it....less pressure with school......just do what I can when I can! It was a win win situation.

Something else will turn up one of these days!

Have a great day everyone!

Cathy 150 calories seems reasonable for part of a meal.......how many calories are you eating? Hope you aren't as busy today!

Leens have a great day!

I'll check in later....finishing up my second paper which is due tomorrow...it is getting easier!

xo Eliz

Last edited by liz321; 11-04-2004 at 01:06 PM.
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:06 AM   #6  

Liz - I ate 2 of those 150 muffins LOL so 300 calories - which yes is reasonable. I'm eating around 1200 calories a day right now, but at times keep it around 1000 calories a day if I am exercising like I should - remember I have a low thyroid and fight this stuff with a passion. LOL

Well I'm glad that all is settled with your job situation. Sounds like you gave it a lot of thought and concern and prayer and made a wise decision! Maybe that will take some stress off of you!

hugs
Old 11-04-2004, 11:07 AM   #7  

tippy - hugs - take care of yourself and keep us posted!
man it's good to be a cat at your house huh!
hugs,
cathy
Old 11-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

My mom and gram are conked out in my living room. Moms been up for 48 hours getting the house ready for the open house going on now and grams 87
Leenie I'd kill for one of those egg rolls
Alot of the time I like to switch up my meals breakfast for lunch etc
ofcourse today I had a sandwich and when the fam came in devils food cake donuts grrrr i can't resist
Tonight we're going to Chinese Buffet (not my choice) with some friends so I'm hoping theres something not deadly in there
Cathy Muffin wise I like to get the boxed bran ones and instead of egg and milk I add the no sugar added fruit flavored apple sauces really good I usually use 2 4 oz containers calories are about the same but no extra fat. . .also the krusteaz muffins are gooood I'd kill to be in Louisiana today its COLD HERE!!
Liz I think you made a great decision sometimes its better to think of the quality of your life than a "healthier" paycheck
Tippy can i be one of your cats? when we had cats they'd always sleep on the hood of my moms car but here at our apartment, we have feral cats and one night they jumped out of DH's beloved truck Swamp thing (yes the name fits)
Today is goign to be a challenge I'm going to have some oatmeal later to stay satiated
raw veggies usually help but in this cold they don't do it for me
bbiab
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 02:54 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

*sneaks in quietly and takes a seat*

hi everyone...

Well... I'm still alive. It's been LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG days and nights. I've been trying to catch up with all my classes. I'm so bad that I haven't kept up with you ladies. I haven't even been keeping up with my emails. Hehehe got a few people yelling at me *grin*

I've been doing okie... other than those original 5-7lbs that I gained back from my 30lb loss, I've been maintaining things, just not loosing it like I would like to do. I had to reformat my computer and will be reinstalling my diet power program again. Get back on that band wagon. It's been hard with school and work. The stress just really makes me crave chocolate... oh and Halloween... whew! I survived that one. I didn't buy any chocolate candy heheheh... a lot of hard candy tho, something you pop in your mouth and it lasts a while.

School is really dragging me down... and I already have to register for Winter Session and it's only 6 weeks into the term. I been at Cal State for almost 2 years, you would think I would be used to the 10 week terms, but nope hehehe... at least it's going fast!

How is everyone?

Huggerz...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:09 PM   #10  

I finally got a 2 mile walk in during lunch!
I am just way too busy!
Old 11-05-2004, 02:15 PM   #11  
Walking by faith

Wink Hello Ladies

Had a busy morning today-lots of errands to run. We had to go into to the "not so big city" to get a new walker for me. My DH backed over the old one w/the car!

Leenie: Your minestrone soup sounds great. Got the receipe?

Cathy: I'm with you on the temp change. It's finally cooler here, and it feels great! I'm also with you on the election The best thing of all is that there wasn't the wrangling and strife that was there during the 2000 election.

Liz: You sound at peace with your decision When it's time to make a change, God will provide the perfect position for you

KO: Sounds like your planning well for your food today. My DH loves buffets, (and so don't I ), but they really play havoc with your food plan.

Tippy: Sounds like your house is coming together great! I'm sure your church position is keeping you very busy. It's great to hear that the ministry is growing Watch out for those outside cats!

SueMarie: Good to see you girl ! I'm glad you got through Halloween w/o chocolate Hope your classes are going well

The numbers in my signature reflect my measurements & weight loss. I've lost 4 more pounds since the last time I weighed myself I can't do much for exercise with this busted ankle , but I'm watching my food, and it seems to be working!

Hope everyone has a super day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote